UK ever more polarised as Brexit Party storms to EU vote win

webfact

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

The majority of the country voted to leave, and whilst I concede that one foot stuck in Barniers office door might be construed as remaining, it is certainly not leaving. It is like going on your holidays to Torremolinos and ending up at Clacton.

Are you saying Richard North' Flexcit group , who had been campaigning for the UK to leave the EU for almost 2 decades, their votes should be placed in the remain pile. As they campaigned for staying in the single market.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Are you saying Richard North' Flexcit group , who had been campaigning for the UK to leave the EU for almost 2 decades, their votes should be placed in the remain pile. As they campaigned for staying in the single market.

Yes, that is exactly what he and the other brexiteers on here are saying.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, that is exactly what he and the other brexiteers on here are saying.

I never mentioned Richard North, but remainers are doing what remainers do best, conjecture.

58 minutes ago, vogie said:

The majority of the country voted to leave, and whilst I concede that one foot stuck in Barniers office door might be construed as remaining, it is certainly not leaving. It is like going on your holidays to Torremolinos and ending up at Clacton.

You would still be on your holidays.

50 minutes ago, vogie said:

I never mentioned Richard North, but remainers are doing what remainers do best, conjecture.

Doesn't matter whether you mentioned him or not, what matters is that you call his position 'remain'. 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Of course, you do realize, that campaigning  that no deal is the only true leave, and that no other version of leave is acceptable, considerably reduces the chances of us ever laving in any shape or form?

It's so damaging to the UK economy that any sensible politician would be reckless to support it and doing so would probably leave his party out of power for a generation. 

So I thank you for your contribution to the remain cause   

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Of course, you do realize, that campaigning  that no deal is the only true leave, and that no other version of leave is acceptable, considerably reduces the chances of us ever laving in any shape or form?

It's so damaging to the UK economy that any sensible politician would be reckless to support it and doing so would probably leave his party out of power for a generation. 

Well as it stands at the moment, the default position is that we're leaving without a deal in October.

I have no idea if it's going to be damaging or not, there's too many variables and moving parts to know whats going to happen in 6 months time, let alone in 10 years. It could be the best thing we ever do...or it may have short-term consequences but one thing I do believe is that the UK will adapt and find it's feet fairly quickly.

6 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

But not of the British people- “get over it”,Remoaners.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Doesn't matter whether you mentioned him or not, what matters is that you call his position 'remain'. 

6 hours ago, tebee said:

Some remainers still after 3 years of discussing this highly emotive topic still do not understand why leavers want to leave, maybe because it is not in their make up to do so. Leavers totally understand why remainers want to remain, themselves, money and the thought of having to go through life without somebody holding their hand scares them.

Imagine in years to come when future generations ask their parents, 'where is Britain' what will their answer be, 'you are living here son, but we cannot call it Britain anymore, we have to refer to it as The United States of Europe, but don't worry son, you can visit anywhere in Europe without a visa, now wasn't that worth losing our national identity for.

But if the remainers had got on board with the democratic wishes of the country we would have had a good chance of leaving with a good deal, instead now we are looking even more like leaving without any deal, thank you remainers.

38 minutes ago, vogie said:

Imagine in years to come when future generations ask their parents, 'where is Britain' what will their answer be, 'you are living here son, but we cannot call it Britain anymore, we have to refer to it as The United States of Europe, but don't worry son, you can visit anywhere in Europe without a visa, now wasn't that worth losing our national identity for.

“losing our national identity” ???? I’m surprised Brexiteers actually can spell that, they certainly couldn’t explain it. I’m certainly wondering what national identity I have lost during my time in the EU. Hope you’re not losing too much national identity by living in Thailand. Definitely make sure to heil the Union Jack twice a day and never eat anything else than fish and chips. 

3 hours ago, Thairealist said:

But not of the British people- “get over it”,Remoaners.

Fraid so - read the votes and the polls - m majority is now well and truly REMAIN

the Referendum is old out of date and has lost any credibility it falsely claimed - "get over it"  we need a G/E.

23 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have done a great job of that, twisting the facts.

What are the Cons/Lab? Sit on the fence!  How do you know that those voters are not brexit voters. You make it sound like a football game that someone scored 3 goals but the opponents scored 5 goals and claimed victory. You can only polish a turd for so long.

I have done?  it's from The Guardian as clearly stated on the graphic.

You cannot possibly put Tories and Labour in 'leave' as they are 'on the fence' as well you know containing both sides. Facts are FACTS so don't try and manipulate to suit but Prayut would love you I'm sure, 'birds of a feather...'

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, rott said:

"Storms" does seem a bit heavy.

I read a comment somewhere that it is time for the two party system to end, well it does not seem too far off. But what would the alternative be?

Well, don't go for the farcical fiasco MMP that New Zealand adopted. Having "list" MP that no one voted for makes a mockery of democracy. First past the post is, IMO by far the best system. Politicians probably like MMP though, which is probably the best reason for not having it.

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, don't go for the farcical fiasco MMP that New Zealand adopted. Having "list" MP that no one voted for makes a mockery of democracy. First past the post is, IMO by far the best system. Politicians probably like MMP though, which is probably the best reason for not having it.

Terrible governance they have there. Transparency International rated it 2nd least corruptly governed nation in the world. Shocking!

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Terrible governance they have there. Transparency International rated it 2nd least corruptly governed nation in the world. Shocking!

That surprises me, given the amount of corruption that has occurred over the years. I guess other nations are just more corrupt.

Is there a list of incompetent governments in the world? 

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

That does also include local government and is only a 'perceived' index.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:05 PM, rott said:

"Storms" does seem a bit heavy.

I read a comment somewhere that it is time for the two party system to end, well it does not seem too far off. But what would the alternative be?

I hope that it will happen in the UK after the clearout of politicians after the next general election.

I had no idea what it was about so I Googled it and came up with several links explaining PR. I will have to take it away and study it.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/proportional-representation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportional_representation

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I hope that it will happen in the UK after the clearout of politicians after the next general election.

I had no idea what it was about so I Googled it and came up with several links explaining PR. I will have to take it away and study it.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/proportional-representation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportional_representation

PR is the government politicians like, which says it all.

6 hours ago, wilcopops said:

- Only a Brexiteer could say hat.......

He was being honest and lets face it , no one knows for sure what the effects of Brexit will be in the future , there can only be predictions .

He is being honest and realistic , unlike the Remainers who actually believe that their opinion about the future is an actual fact and anyone who questions their predictions about the future is a "stupid racist who cannot spell and is a liar"

11 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I have no idea if it's going to be damaging or not

7 hours ago, wilcopops said:

- Only a Brexiteer could say hat.......

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He was being honest and lets face it , no one knows for sure what the effects of Brexit will be in the future , there can only be predictions .

He is being honest and realistic , unlike the Remainers who actually believe that their opinion about the future is an actual fact and anyone who questions their predictions about the future is a "stupid racist who cannot spell and is a liar"

Couldn't agree more!

wilcops is clearly not a fan of people telling the truth.....

54 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:
  11 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I have no idea if it's going to be damaging or not

Couldn't agree more!

wilcops is clearly not a fan of people telling the truth.....

Telling the truth? Doubting brexit will be damaging to the UK economy is either lying or plain stupid.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Telling the truth? Doubting brexit will be damaging to the UK economy is either lying or plain stupid.

I doubt that Brexit will damage the UK economy , I am not lying , guess I must be stupid then .

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I dunno , was you being sarcastic or satirical ?

Archived