Tourists number projection remains at 40 million

webfact

20 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Do these long term foreigners feel threatened or jealous that their self worth is being challenged if more visitors come to Thailand? Or is there some other driver for their low self esteem?

You're hypothesising that expats who question whether TAT figures are accurate must either feel threatened, be jealous, or suffer from low self-esteem? Please feel free to expand upon your theories further, doctor. You have my rapt attention.

P.S. BTW, you should credit other writers when you use their words:

*From: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102688-top-7-thai-expat-myths/ : Meanwhile the airports get busier, add new terminals, more flights arrive, new hotels get built, new tourist attractions open, new condos get constructed and people scream about long immigration queues.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alan Michael said:

Chinese citizens only get government doctored news. The large tour companies, who are owned by wealthy Chinese companies and probably connected to the Communist Part of China wont want negative news about mass holiday business to spoil their profits.

And don't  forget  immigrations friendly punch up.

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

X 100 baht = 4000,000,000 baht , that should cover all us F'langs for insurance.

That should cover everyone for insurance, but it won’t. It’s a cash grab.

1 hour ago, alant said:

Fair enough, but where is the evidence on the numbers as well. I would love to see thriving tourism in Thailand but I see so few visitors. Please help by telling me where they go?

2019-05-24 22.08.57.jpg

Well, apparently they were all at Central Festival Pattaya last Sunday.  We made the horrible mistake of going there on a weekend. Silly us for thinking Terminal 21 would make Central Festival less busy.  For the first time that I can remember we had to go all the way up to level 5 1/2 to find a parking space.   We did some banking and got the last free table for lunch at a packed Fuji.  When we left around 2pm, it took an hour to get out of the parking garage.  And, supposedly low season. 

5 minutes ago, nev said:

Congratulations on joining the local Thai and expat community on their show off day that they can spend 400/500 a head and drive their financed up to the eyeballs car back and too.

This has nothing to do about tourism coming into the country.

Oh, thank goodness none were tourists!  It would have been even worse then!

4 hours ago, Alan Michael said:

Chinese citizens only get government doctored news. The large tour companies, who are owned by wealthy Chinese companies and probably connected to the Communist Part of China wont want negative news about mass holiday business to spoil their profits.

That's a very popular myth. I'm sitting in China right now reading this. Has the CPC taken over Thai Visa? Blimey.

Of the 88 leading international tour operators in China, the communist party owns...................drum roll......one.

CYTS is run by the Communist Youth League.

59 minutes ago, Traubert said:

That's a very popular myth. I'm sitting in China right now reading this. Has the CPC taken over Thai Visa? Blimey.

Of the 88 leading international tour operators in China, the communist party owns...................drum roll......one.

what about CTrip and many others that are ALWAYS some partially/totally owned by CCP.... since you are in China did any news channel reported the information on the attached video, it happen 2-3 days ago in Changsha (Hunan) would be interesting to know how much China news report about anything

Well, apparently they were all at Central Festival Pattaya last Sunday.  We made the horrible mistake of going there on a weekend. Silly us for thinking Terminal 21 would make Central Festival less busy.  For the first time that I can remember we had to go all the way up to level 5 1/2 to find a parking space.   We did some banking and got the last free table for lunch at a packed Fuji.  When we left around 2pm, it took an hour to get out of the parking garage.  And, supposedly low season. 
Yes but most of those were not foreign tourists but people from Bangkok,Rayong,etc etc etc at weekends ,thats why us locals stay home ,the roads are to crowded.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes but most of those were not foreign tourists but people from Bangkok,Rayong,etc etc etc at weekends ,thats why us locals stay home ,the roads are to crowded.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, as I said before, thank goodness there were no tourists at the mall and it was all locals and expats--we wouldn't have gotten a table at Fuji at all!  Nice Pattaya can support both Festival and Terminal 21 with just locals and expats.  

8 hours ago, newnative said:

Well, as I said before, thank goodness there were no tourists at the mall and it was all locals and expats--we wouldn't have gotten a table at Fuji at all!  Nice Pattaya can support both Festival and Terminal 21 with just locals and expats.  

There is simply not enough shopping malls in Thailand

Supply and demand

20 hours ago, newnative said:

good to hear.

23 hours ago, Traubert said:

By law, all companies are beholden to the government and must cooperate on every level at all times.  So, they are essentially part of the state, and can be closed down or officials jailed or disappeared if non cooperative.  Many are also subsidized by the state 

• Like 1