Tourists number projection remains at 40 million

webfact

Tourists number projection remains at 40 million

4f490e66d1f42900dae72afe3a9c1ee4.jpg   

BANGKOK (NNT) - The University of the Thai Chambers of Commerce’s Center for Economic and Business Forecasting is still positive the total number of visitors to Thailand this year will reach 40 million from campaigns promoting tourism in local cities and the extension of VISA on Arrival fees waiver.

Mr Thanawat Polvichai, the Director of the University of the Thai Chambers of Commerce’s Center for Economic and Business Forecasting (CEBF) said the center remains confident the number of visitors to Thailand this year will be at 40 million.

He encouraged the government to implement tourism promotion measures as tourism will be a key economic driver this year as the country will be facing with uncertainties from global economic conditions, with current campaigns such as the promotion of tourism in local cities, the extension of VISA on Arrival fees waiver, and tourists safety protection, will help stimulate the growth of Thai tourism sector.

He said the new government will have to urgently improve confidence among investors through economic measures and the appointment of well-accepted economic ministers, and expediting economic stimulating expenditures, which will help the Thai economy to grow in late Q3 through Q4. It is expected the Thai economy in Q3-4 this year will grow at 3.8 percent.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-05-28

This once Proud, Pristine Nation, has been abused far too long,its just a shell of its former beauty,like our fake beach in Pattaya... ....its all about the TAT numbers and the GDP....don't get me started on this education system...sawadee no crap

This comes as a surprise, I had the figure at 65 million tourists this year. All the attractions that have been created like the black sea at Jomtien and Patong, smoke haze in Chiang Mai, traffic pollution in Bangkok and a high baht, stable govt, all tourist magnets.

And where exactly will all these hoardes of tourists be staying? 

Obviously the airbnb gig will absorb a lot of the Chinese, but that's getting some mini crackdown action. But what about the record numbers of other nationalities?

I just don't trust these figures at all, seems too high

In the mean time, 90% of hotels and guesthouses operating without hotel license and unable to get one are threatened on daily basis .

i wonder where 40 million will stay when all the mentioned get shut down 

41 minutes ago, BestB said:

In the mean time, 90% of hotels and guesthouses operating without hotel license and unable to get one are threatened on daily basis .

i wonder where 40 million will stay when all the mentioned get shut down 

I think that you are in the hotel and guest house business, yes? Is it the case that by withholding licenses, the opportunity for collecting "informal fees" to allow businesses to remain open, is greatly increased?

I should imagine, if that is so, then apart from a few closures "pour encourager les autres" then business will continue as usual!

How do they make these predictions? Do they really know who is planning to come who has booked tickets or as I guess it's just a stab in the dark.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I think that you are in the hotel and guest house business, yes? Is it the case that by withholding licenses, the opportunity for collecting "informal fees" to allow businesses to remain open, is greatly increased?

I should imagine, if that is so, then apart from a few closures "pour encourager les autres" then business will continue as usual!

Last year round of raids “ donations “ were not accepted. 

Arrests and off to court.

This year new raids are coming next month, yet to be seen 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Thanawat Polvichai, the Director of the University of the Thai Chambers of Commerce’s Center for Economic and Business Forecasting (CEBF) said the center remains confident the number of visitors to Thailand this year will be at 40 million.

Centre for Extremly Biased Forecasts.

40 Million huh?

So - with the 100 baht health insurance sting - That's 4,000,000,000 baht being pumped into the Thai health system (minus some brown envelope diversion)

Add to that the big sting coming up on retirees - somebody gunna get awful rich awful quick!

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

This comes as a surprise, I had the figure at 65 million tourists this year. All the attractions that have been created like the black sea at Jomtien and Patong, smoke haze in Chiang Mai, traffic pollution in Bangkok and a high baht, stable govt, all tourist magnets.

Chinese citizens only get government doctored news. The large tour companies, who are owned by wealthy Chinese companies and probably connected to the Communist Part of China wont want negative news about mass holiday business to spoil their profits.

2 hours ago, z42 said:

And where exactly will all these hoardes of tourists be staying? 

Obviously the airbnb gig will absorb a lot of the Chinese, but that's getting some mini crackdown action. But what about the record numbers of other nationalities?

I just don't trust these figures at all, seems too high

as long as they don't act like the ones in this video, it could be ok

There is something about tourists arrivals numbers news that bring out the long term foreigners in Thailand up in arms. As if some sacred truth they hold dear is being challenged.

They think its all a conspiracy, or "they are making it up". With no evidence to back their claim.

Meanwhile the airports get busier, new terminals get constructed, more international flights arrive and depart, new hotels and condos get constructed, and people complain about long immigration queues.

Do these long term foreigners feel threatened or jealous that their self worth is being challenged if more visitors come to Thailand? Or is there some other driver for their low self esteem?

4 minutes ago, Kasane said:

There is something about tourists arrivals numbers news that bring out the long term foreigners in Thailand up in arms. As if some sacred truth they hold dear is being challenged.

They think its all a conspiracy, or "they are making it up". With no evidence to back their claim.

Meanwhile the airports get busier, new terminals get constructed, more international flights arrive and depart, new hotels and condos get constructed, and people complain about long immigration queues.

Do these long term foreigners feel threatened or jealous that their self worth is being challenged if more visitors come to Thailand? Or is there some other driver for their low self esteem?

Fair enough, but where is the evidence on the numbers as well. I would love to see thriving tourism in Thailand but I see so few visitors. Please help by telling me where they go?

2019-05-24 22.08.57.jpg

Instead of showing thai men beating/stabbing/scamming and berating farangs in movies......they can show them having common respect towards their fellow men of other nationalities.  AND be happy they are coming to spur economic growth.

Start by giving all a 3-6 month visa on arrival like other countries. 

Archived