Words and photos?

Gandtee

I would check what format the files are first. Select one of the files in question, right click and click on properties. (The following images are taken from a W10 machine but should be the same on W7):

pictures-01.jpg.9508e225d9041d50c5f5c10c24736b63.jpg

The red box will tell you the file type. If it is an image format; .jpeg, .tiff. .gif. .png, etc, close the window and again right click on the selected image and open the dropdown menu in Open With. From that menu, select the program you usually view images with. (Your choice of programs will be different to mine)

pictures-02.jpg.4ab9e1c2bb8f1acaa0314238245047a0.jpg

If it is an image format and successfully opens, close the image again, right click\Open With, select your program and check the box to always use that program to open that file type.

Edited by chrisinth

9 hours ago, chrisinth said:

I would check what format the files are first. Select one of the files in question, right click and click on properties. (The following images are taken from a W10 machine but should be the same on W7):

pictures-01.jpg.9508e225d9041d50c5f5c10c24736b63.jpg

The red box will tell you the file type. If it is an image format; .jpeg, .tiff. .gif. .png, etc, close the window and again right click on the selected image and open the dropdown menu in Open With. From that menu, select the program you usually view images with. (Your choice of programs will be different to mine)

pictures-02.jpg.4ab9e1c2bb8f1acaa0314238245047a0.jpg

If it is an image format and successfully opens, close the image again, right click\Open With, select your program and check the box to always use that program to open that file type.

I've tried it with no success. The box you refer to says it is an HTML file and open with Chrome. As usual, I got a Facebook page.

What makes you sure that the files are photos?

Have you successfully opened them before or on another computer as photos?

Another approach (should be identical on Win7):

press the <WIN> key (key with the Windows logo).

enter "pbrush"

This should bring up the Windows paint application.

Now use the "File" "Open" command.

On the lower right set the file type mask to "All Files".

Browse to one of the files that you want to view as photo and open it.

Edited by KhunBENQ