Entry about to be denied

Hi,

I recently returned to bangkok airport with my thai girlfriend from a short visit to a neighbouring country.

I get a 15 days visa on arrival at airport. The visa officer did not like around 10 visa on arrival stamps on my passport and asked what I do in Thailand.

I asked my girlfriend to speak with her and eventually the visa officer allowed me to take visa but she said a note would be put in computer that next time I should take TR visa. {60 day tourist single entry visa} from embassy in my country.

I don't work in Thailand and I visit my girlfriend often. I have savings from before which I am using.

In my case visa on arrival is easy as I can just catch any suitable flight and I have 15 days to stay with her.

Getting TR visa is inconvenient for me and not easy as well.

Kindly recommend what options do I have including getting a new passport. Will a new passport once scanned at immigration computer will show my previous passport details and visits and the note for getting TR visa.

Sorry for long post. But my girlfriend has been sad and crying since this happened. Please give advice and help us lovebirds.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

About 10 stamps this year. I visit bkk and travel with her to a nearby country for a change and when I come back that's another visa.

Hi, is it 10 stamps in the current year in your passport?  Or how many years are the 10 stamps spread across?  Thanks for the info and details of your experience.

I am scared the visa application would be rejected as in my country they need clear information of your work and currently I am not working and only living off my savings. I had applied once for setv and the visa sticker had void stamp on it.

While I am discussing with senior members on this forum my girlfriend keeps on crying.

A new passport won't necessarily help as your passports will be linked and your previous entries will be visible on the system. So you'll need to get an SETV each time you come here. What's the big deal?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Be ready for not coming here much pretty soon. You can even feel it when going out and about. Something different is in the air. The way some Thais look at you or speak to you. Something has CHANGED.

I've noticed this a bit......

How many times do u visit her per 3 months or year?

Funny how they do not want anyone to come now.  <deleted> is going on. 

• Like 2

Not possible as you must be aware about sin sod and the other demands of family that never stops. So girlfriend is better. The amount I pay for sin sod. I can start a new business in my country easily.

The best solution would be to marry your girlfriend and get a nonimmigrant visa.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Never having any piece of mind anymore, always being scared and living in fear about the 'visa'.

I worry about the visa more then anything else.  I have rich friends, 2 bought the elite but the rest of us think that is a waste of money and its not guaranteed

• Haha 1

I live in constant fear of being stopped and checked on the road if I have passport or not. I am from a country wherein a lot of people work illegally in Thailand. I can be racially profiled and asked to show visa/passport at exit points like bus stations and humiliated as I don't belong to one of those top visa waiver countries . I have enough money from before to stay with her in Thailand. And I was treated as if I am doing low pay job in Thailand illegally. If it was not for my girlfriend I would never go again .

Thailand is different now. They really dont want foreigners in their country. You can feel it walking along the street, the way people look at you. Thats just the beginning too. Even if you have a legit visa, they keep throwing roadblocks at you, like the TM30, until you dont have a life anymore except for doing stuff for your 'visa'. Never having any piece of mind anymore, always being scared and living in fear about the 'visa'.

• Like 2

Perhaps you should check what happens in a few other countries.

Just one example: Students from Thailand and many other countries who are on ED Visas in Australia are monitored far more than what you see here. And they are deported very quickly for school absence or poor grades etc. 

The checks in place here are mostly not new and are there so that Thailand can keep some watch on where foreigners are. Nothing wrong with that, most countries have similar laws and checks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

You're looking for a magic solution that doesn't exist. Either sort yourself out so that you can get one of the visas suggested or accept that you're not going to be allowed in Thailand.

True, you want to live in another country then accept that it comes with rules and regulations, that's life. 

• Like 2

@lovethai123 I think You should think about make your life more stable. Find legal, well paid job in Your country or open profitable business.  Just give yourself little time for improve your work and financial situation to have more money to visit Thailand often. If You have money - no problem with visit Thailand. I know some people for example from India who run well business in Thailand and have legal, NON-B Immigrant visas.  I know you expect another solution, but if You really love girlfriend, You should think about that.  Just save her more dissapointments.  Unfortunatelly visa rules getting harder and harder for everyone. It is big problem in relationships with Thai woman. 

Unfortunatelly Your situation is different than mostly of forum users, who are from Western countries. 

And in my opinion You should entry to Thailand on land boarder as much as possible. Nongkai is the best. If You have no choice and need fly by plane, avoid popular airports like Phuket, Bangkok (both), Krabi, Chiang Mai.  I don't know what about Pattaya, Hat Yai, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, but maybe it's low risk to be refuse?  And always be well dressed and elegant at the street. Not look like homeless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essecola said:

Be ready for not coming here much pretty soon. You can even feel it when going out and about. Something different is in the air. The way some Thais look at you or speak to you. Something has CHANGED.

Did you have a sex change? :tongue:

Immigration has always given off that persona; that one should perhaps settle back in one's own country... and I generally used to get on well with them. The army are tightening things up/giving the place a rinse. As for ordinary Thais giving the stink eye... I haven't noticed on last few visits. If anything, they are more concerned with their own state of affairs - rising costs, politics, etc. They are normal people.

Op, visit any country that many times and you wouldn't be considered a real tourist, even though Thailand seems to afford that option.