Retirement extension Koh Samui, requirements

So, I paid my visit to immigration yesterday and as usual it was traumatic. I had prepared myself by taking every conceivable document, but Miss Thai had an ace up her sle.eve (as she usually does}.

I made my application based on 800000thb in my Thai bank for 2 months, but beware if you are using your monthly pension as the basis. If your embassy, like mine, has stopped issuing a letter confirming your pension you will have to show funds transferred from abroad for the last 12 months.

Anyway, documents required, are as follows> TM7 (the fillable one poster by UBONJOE is perfect] + recent photo

Passport + copies of relevant pages

Bangkbook + copies + bank statement + bank letter, guaranteeing balance.

Medical Certificate

House rental contract + copy of household book

Google sat map of house + drawing map

The ace that she played, was to tell me that I had to go online and fill in a "document for notification of the residence of foreigners", which I spent an hour trying to achieve, before I told her that she would have to help me as the site, as usual, didn't work. She finally accepted my documents as they were, as I think she realised that she had made a mistake and didn't need the form. The fact that it was lunchtime surely had nothing to do with it. Anyway, I paid my 1900bht and was told to go back on the 4th june.

For the moment I wasn't asked for health insurance, but knowing Samui they will be one of the 1st to implement the requirement.