UK PM May's party slumps to third place amid Brexit crisis - opinion poll

webfact

5 hours ago, tebee said:

But the problem is they didn't say how we were to leave the EU.

No one knows that even now 

If that q had been asked then there would have been a answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Not the dreaded predictive text again, but yes conjones (Spanish for balls pronounced Kon-jo-nairs I believe) although Tom Jones does indeed have an active pair according to his reputation! 

Doctor I keep hearing Tom Jones singing in my ear, is that common?..........................etc

Oh. You mean cajones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The UK has been through much worse and we still have the pound.

One day you will thank us again.

In 1970, when I traveled the fiorst time thought the UK, 1 pound was worth Hfl 10,64 / 2,2 = € 4,828 ( so.. a kilo) . The DM was then Hfl 0,90.

Now the pound is worth a €  1,1317  ( so less than 1/4) 

Matter of time, and the pound is going direction ... one ounce... ? ?  ( € 0,80 ? ) 

Edited by puipuitom

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Not the dreaded predictive text again, but yes conjones (Spanish for balls pronounced Kon-jo-nairs I believe) although Tom Jones does indeed have an active pair according to his reputation! 

Doctor I keep hearing Tom Jones singing in my ear, is that common?..........................etc

It,s  not unusual , it happens all the time.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

In 1970, when I traveled the fiorst time thought the UK, 1 pound was worth Hfl 10,64 / 2,2 = € 4,828 ( so.. a kilo) . The DM was then Hfl 0,90.

Now the pound is worth a €  1,1317  ( so less than 1/4) 

Matter of time, and the pound is going direction ... one ounce... ? ?  ( € 0,80 ? ) 

I need to send this to GCHQ. Flash! They might be interested. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

The UK has been through much worse and we still have the pound.

One day you will thank us again.

remember the crappy pound would of been worth 56bt today instead of its lowest since 1986 had we joined the euro,no one on here is likely to live long enough to see 56 again,thats reality

• Thanks 1

Just now, bomber said:

remember the crappy pound would of been worth 56bt today instead of its lowest since 1986 had we joined the euro,no one on here is likely to live long enough to see 56 again,thats reality

Sterling is not as low as 1985. 

If we had joined the Euro? No thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Sterling is not as low as 1985. 

If we had joined the Euro? No thanks.

v the baht it is or as good as,other currencies it may or may not be,its taking a kicking for sure,thanks bulldogs enjoy blackpool ????

donkey.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't think having the pound, now junk, is a positive. Brexit has <deleted> it royally.

39.79 and falling

What was it before the vote again ?

You lot always ignore the recent strength of the Baht and USD.

Keeping the pound is vital to the UK. 

Why would we want the Euro when we are leaving the EU anyway? ???? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't think having the pound, now junk, is a positive. Brexit has <deleted> it royally.

39.79 and falling

What was it before the vote again ?

it was 52 and would of had a surge with remain vote and with the economy going fine there would be no reason for it to be below 55 and possibly as high as 60,v the dollar $1.50+ would of been easily possible,the euro €1.40+,now just imagine all that extra cash folks returning to the UK with after hols etc going into the UK economy and savings on lower inflation and it would of been win win win,fuel alone would of been 3-4p a litre cheaper for 3 years,again savings for the man in the street and businesses,i reckon BJ was right we could of saved £350 million a week by REMAINING

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Sorry you missed the question what was it before the vote - and what was it the day after ?

He hasnt got an answer,its another denial,its always something or somebody else's fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the question of a "Union" revives and re-vitalises the fortunes of the Liberal Democrat Party.

How poetic.

It was the question of a Union that did so much to damage it before World War One, when its powerful (at that time) antecedent, the Liberal Party, had spent many years swapping supreme power with the Conservatives.

History.........better than fiction.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

Sorry you missed the question what was it before the vote - and what was it the day after ?

I didn't miss it. I ignored it. You can easily find that out for yourself. Lazy! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You're right I could but you claimed the decline was down to the strong baht and dollar which  we both know had absolutely nothing to do with the meltdown in the pound don't we.

Your denial is embarrassing - so how much did the pound drop within 24 hours of the catastrophic Brexit vote ? I know the answer I'm just wondering if you do

Has it not occurred to you that is was a pound before and a pound after?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Those elderly expats, living on their British pensions, will make a good money when they have to move out and sell their houses here in Thailand.

Whereas the shrewd that are only renting have the option of relocating as and when they please, perhaps even passing 'Go!' and collecting GBP 200 in the process.

image.jpeg.140452890e7d714596cfaa21ec5ee53b.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

That will be so beneficial for the UK economy and especially for the NHS.

I guess I will give few baht to the European relief fund for the UK, when the time comes. 

It is their prerogative, as is their geographic location.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You're right I could but you claimed the decline was down to the strong baht and dollar which  we both know had absolutely nothing to do with the meltdown in the pound don't we.

Your denial is embarrassing - so how much did the pound drop within 24 hours of the catastrophic Brexit vote ? I know the answer I'm just wondering if you do

36 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Everything is in perfect order for the British pound. Don't panic, everything is going fine..

Those elderly expats, living on their British pensions, will make a good money when they have to move out and sell their houses here in Thailand.

The funny dip, when Brexit happened.

The latest times when it became a lot clearer that the UK is about to have a hard brexit.

2066069451_ScreenShot2019-06-01at10_57_09.png.cda918a4d5a6e3ef6c16548dde4b3887.png

And the fall continues... which means that it would be foolish to invest to the UK at the moment as the value of those investments will drop in the future. 

This is what Brexit is Brexit is all about. EU didn't run to offer UK a great deal, like the Brexiteers predicted. EU member countries are perfectly ok to live without UK being part of the family.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 10.57.22.png

Congratulations! These charts both do not show the month of the referendum.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, oilinki said:

That's true. Let's have it now. Can you tell from the chart when the Brexit result was announced?

One sterling 52 baht! I suppose some folks would like to have those times back.

1461478169_ScreenShot2019-06-01at12_06_50.png.93b6558a4b6053ea8ff935dffa0c8738.png

Er, is it the steepest one? Of course they would like 52/62/72. Me too. I'd like 90 back as well, so I could buy another house! 

Edited by nauseus

4 minutes ago, oilinki said:

It is naturally highly relevant for the poorest UK expats in Thailand. They will head back home if their money's run out. 

They will get the same pension back in the UK and they will probably require some extra help with higher costs of living. They will also be able to use health services, which is a good thing for them.

But will they be happier?

Depends on the wife.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Whereas the shrewd that are only renting have the option of relocating as and when they please, perhaps even passing 'Go!' and collecting GBP 200 in the process.

image.jpeg.140452890e7d714596cfaa21ec5ee53b.jpeg

sorry but there arent many shrewd Brit expats in left thailand,if you hadnt noticed the pound is down across the board so moving isnt always an easy option,some will jump from VT1 or VT2 and some will return to the UK broke with alcohol issue's and end up on benefits drinking in spoons taking about the good old days when the pound got them 74-92 instead of 39,if they are brexiteers they will blame the EU the brighter ones will blame brexit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

No embarrassment nor denial here. I know you know the answer so why should I respond? The discussion was regarding GBP/THB, so the relative strength of the THB (thus the USD) has to be relevant to that exchange rate.

If you want to blame Brexit only, then the relevant comparison should be against the Euro. The pound lost about 7% against the Euro from just before to just after the referendum. By October 2016 it had lost another 3% but has maintained an average of about 1.12 for the last 30 months. The EU is now valued at 6 cents less than it was when it was introduced. If you think that this is a Sterling "meltdown" against the Baht, then I invite you to look back further at the Pound to see the years of really erratic behaviour! Try 1985 and 1998. But I've been through this on other topics many times before.

Referendum-related drops in Sterling have been driven by sentiment to push more fear, with the large banks and big buck corporations being pro EU, with too much control on forex. If we do leave the EU without a deal, the Pound will drop badly again, for the same reason, initially. But the Euro will suffer most long-term because there are still several EU economies with massive debt that will crash with the onset of the next recession (coming soon) and the Germans will not be able to bail them all out. If the UK leaves (without a deal - and I mean a mutually beneficial good geal) then the EU economy will be even more vulnerable than they are prepared to admit. 

As a leaver and a patriot, abandoning Sterling should not be contemplated. Along with our armed forces, this would be the ultimate loss of sovereignty and would be the final submission to the EU. So bugger that.

you totally contradict yourself with your pro EU corps with forex control comments,yes they can kick the pound to death but at the same time they wont let the euro go down the drain,even more reason to be in it imo,billy no mates wont get far on his own no matter how much talk of we will fight them on the beaches,these colours dont run,no surrender you dish out,your talk is still just hoping it will get better in the long run,you state nothing concrete to say it will only your usual the EU has to fall at some point,and btw your 7% figure is too low it was nearer 10-12%,but at least you do admit the pound will take another blow if we were to leave,teddy boy stated on here a while back it would be 50bt within 3 months,OMG that is what i call dreaming,btw JRM stated on C4 news it could take 50 years to reap the rewards of brexit,now that just says it all

25 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So have we established now that the Brexit disaster sunk the pound by 20% overnight on the night of the referendum (yes or no is fine)

Compared to what currency?

If the Thai Baht, why has Australia lost 30% in the same time period?

And how about Canada and the USA?

All big drops against the Baht, so do they have a Brexit problem as well?.

or are you just Remoaning again?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bomber said:

your screen wouldnt be big enough to show the drop ????  btw it was 52 down to 43-45 as you well know

My screen is wonderful tyvm! But it blinked when your post came up.

2 hours ago, bomber said:

you totally contradict yourself with your pro EU corps with forex control comments,yes they can kick the pound to death but at the same time they wont let the euro go down the drain,even more reason to be in it imo,billy no mates wont get far on his own no matter how much talk of we will fight them on the beaches,these colours dont run,no surrender you dish out,your talk is still just hoping it will get better in the long run,you state nothing concrete to say it will only your usual the EU has to fall at some point,and btw your 7% figure is too low it was nearer 10-12%,but at least you do admit the pound will take another blow if we were to leave,teddy boy stated on here a while back it would be 50bt within 3 months,OMG that is what i call dreaming,btw JRM stated on C4 news it could take 50 years to reap the rewards of brexit,now that just says it all

No contradiction. Multinational (not all European) companies and banks will not be chasing the Euro when it stalls - too much for them - they just want an EU that can lobby and manipulate for their own ends. Euro currency support will fall to the ECB (basically Germany) and if they start QE again it will drive the currency down anyway. Either way, when the debts are exposed and the chickens come home to roost, the Euro slide will be unstoppable. 

Yes the Pound will suffer if we leave with no deal - I have always said this - same reason as before - fear and sentiment. I still believe that it will be the Euro that will suffer far more, longer term.

I did say 7%, then 3%, for the previous Pound drop. All you have to do is add them together. Simples. I used an average of 50 to start pre referendum, not that brief spike at 52.

• Like 2