First ( and last) visit to Pattaya T21

Pilotman

On 6/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, Pilotman said:

First impression  is that it is very much the normal, generic, swanky looking mall you can see almost anywhere.  Nothing at all special about it

Sounds like a great place for the "expat" retires who are living in small fan rooms to get out and about and have a great day out ???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Shoes are Mrs P's weakness, but she will not buy anything over 500 Bhat and then wonders why they fall to bits in two weeks.  Still, she is cheapish to run. 

And that's why,  she does not want expensive ones.  :jap:

went to the new mall (T21) at the round about on 2nd road and pattaya Nua. has the Airplanes outside. wont be going again...I am really not a mall person...but spent a couple hours with a friend to appease her. Got lost and couldnt find the correct exit to where motorbike was parked...knew the entrance name...asked 3-4 working there, ...no one had any idea...wont be going back.  The food at Central festival is fine enough for me. Shopping?  not interested...I find what I need at .COM and soi bakoaw Tuesday/Friday market. I have simple tastes.

Edited by billybog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We often go to T21, not so far from our house.

Loads of good restaurants and the food court.

I sometimes go walking there for exercise here in the hot season, nice AC, and as mentioned, nice lady's to look at. 

Harbor mall is slowly dying I think, was there yesterday for looking for some PC equipment, above 2nd floor over half of the shops are closed and not many people around.

I think T21 are doing well, always lots of people when we visit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Caine said:

Remember when the Avenue was cast as a new masterpiece. 

The Avenue was a remarkable exception to the usual outpouring of doom predictions from TVF posters at any new construction, though nobody cast it as a "new masterpiece." That meant it was in fact likely to fail.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with T21 if you're a shopper and live in the area. I feel the OP had to post this to tell everyone he hates malls. 

T21 is popular among the locals and Asian visitors , they don't need farang business to survive. 
Plenty of Asian restaurants, they are packed during the weekends. And the cheap food court always full of people. The cinema is busy too,

Some shops are struggling , especially fashion/clothing. 

But T21 is here to stay. 

Are Central Marina and central festival mall most of their stores  fully overloaded with shoppers?

So therefore they had to make another new nearby mega mall with many shops so to re-direct these shoppers towards? I doubt that’s the case. We all know if they had balls it would have been built at Jomtien seaside which would be much more accessible for vehicles  too.

Pattaya doesn’t need more traffic from mall crowds.

This food court is absolute crap compared to the one in Bangkok which has good food and a good selection.  A lot of corners cut in the food court.

As per the mall I like central better.  Who wants a mall with low ceilings everywhere except where they have a silly tower or escalator.

17 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

This food court is absolute crap compared to the one in Bangkok which has good food and a good selection.  A lot of corners cut in the food court.

As per the mall I like central better.  Who wants a mall with low ceilings everywhere except where they have a silly tower or escalator.

We're in Pattaya. By Pattaya standards it's the best mall food court in town. However, not every stall or every dish at every stall is good. You have to eat around to find the games there and of course the gems will be subjective. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

We're in Pattaya. By Pattaya standards it's the best mall food court in town. However, not every stall or every dish at every stall is good. You have to eat around to find the games there and of course the gems will be subjective. 

If you have been to Terminal 21 in Bangkok it is not hard to see the difference.  I am constantly amazed at the crap product they push on people in Pattaya as compared to other places especially Bangkok.  In fact I found better street food in Khon Kaen and other communities.

10 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

If you have been to Terminal 21 in Bangkok it is not hard to see the difference.  I am constantly amazed at the crap product they push on people in Pattaya as compared to other places especially Bangkok.  In fact I found better street food in Khon Kaen and other communities.

I've been there but this is a PATTAYA forum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My point is that the Pattaya baht buses don't go to Bangkok. 

That still doesn't justify the half assed job they did in the food court here.  I have been to 21 in bangkok and it is the same owners but they obviously have cut selection and quality in the name of profits here and I see this everywhere in the food biz in pattaya. 

27 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

That still doesn't justify the half assed job they did in the food court here.  I have been to 21 in bangkok and it is the same owners but they obviously have cut selection and quality in the name of profits here

Nonsense,  I eat my 40 baht Gyoza in T21 Bangkok and it tastes the same and same portion in Pattaya. You are hallucinating. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

And you have never been to Bangkok t21 lol

Don't be a troll. I have lived in Bangkok for 3 years and Pattaya 5 years. I used to visit T21 weekly . I know my Gyoza.