155 patrons arrested at two Pattaya pubs for drug abuse

rooster59

155 patrons arrested at two Pattaya pubs for drug abuse

By The Nation

pz.jpg

More than 150 customers tested positive for drug abuse after police and Interior Ministry officials raided two Pattaya pubs early on Saturday.

Officials raided the Brazil and the 90's Bar Pattaya between 3am and 4am as they were still open after the legal closing time.

When officials entered the Brazil pub, they found some 400 patrons still dancing and drinking.

Police searched customers and found a 9mm pistol with 16 rounds of ammunition, a knife and 62 packets of ketamine, ecstasy and crystal meth.

As well, 94 men and 48 women tested positive for drug use. Four drinkers were found to be under 20 years old and 48 others did not carry ID card.

pz1.jpg

The manager, Thaksin Phusi, 41, was arrested and charged with operating an entertainment venue without a licence, selling alcoholic drinks after legal hours and selling alcoholic drinks to people under 20.

Thirteen customers were arrested at the 90's Bar Pattaya after they tested positive to drug use. Nine of them were male and one drinker was found to be under 20.

The manager of the bar was arrested and charged with operating an entertainment venue without a licence, selling alcoholic drinks after legal hours and selling alcoholic drinks to people under 20.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370374

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-01

pz2.jpg

56 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Officials raided the Brazil and the 90's Bar Pattaya between 3am and 4am as they were still open after the legal closing time.

They must be nuts ..

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:
1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

They must be nuts ..

They probably had to 'shell' out some dosh to the cops stay open that late.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, inactiveposter said:

Interesting that they named the first bar’s manager but not the second.

Perhaps their name was prefixed by Pol. Gen. or something like that.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahaha the photo reminds me of a bust back in the day of a pub that used to show blue movies on a Sunday lunchtime after stop tap ( remember those days 12:00 till 14:00 ) .. As Plod were piling in thru the front half the patrons escaped out the back thru' a fire door the old bill had failed to notice at the rear of the building .. 

My local in Dublin got strippers in for the Sunday morning session. The word spread and the place was suddenly jammed on Sunday mornings . Where was this pub located ? Next door to the Garda Station ! The Strip Sunday lasted a month ! 

• Haha 1

Over 25% on drugs and probably have to drive home, insane 

Thailand need to step up and deal with this drug addicted generation 

And to have and run a pub with out license happens to often here

Somebody not do there job 

Or just can be open because of some corrupt police 

Government need clean this corruption up or Thailand will end up as a drug addicted country without any future and only 

Death and violence will rule the country 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, mikebell said:

150 customers out of 400 on drugs!  Staggeringly high number.

Yeah.  Kind of gives a hint as to what this generation is doing.  Boredom?  Needing a thrill?  I'm and old fart now but in the 70s we sure had a lot of fun and went out to meet up with the girls.  I didn't mind getting a buzz on, but I never ever and to this day don't understand the "let's get fired up before we go out" or why people do drugs when going out.  To me a few drinks is fun enough.  I don't get the excitement thing or the meth thing. 

On 6/2/2019 at 8:52 AM, mikebell said:

150 customers out of 400 on drugs!  Staggeringly high number.

What are we betting these numbers are for large city US/Uk clubs? I would say this number is quite low, relatively speaking anyway. 

34 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Which pub? How about mentioning the name in the article?

What about buying new glasses ? :cool:

"Officials raided the Brazil and the 90's Bar"

These are Thai only bars, east of 3rd Road, far from Walking Street.

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

What about buying new glasses ? :cool:

"Officials raided the Brazil and the 90's Bar"

These are Thai only bars, east of 3rd Road, far from Walking Street.

Ah yes, seems that I need them as I skim read the article lol