Non O spouse visa from Savannakhet

I am going to the Thai consulate in Savannakhet at the end of the month and just want to check I'm taking all the necessary documents. Original marriage certificate, my passport, photocopy of my passport photo page, photocopy of my wife's ID card and blue card (signed and dated by her, dated 1st June this year), 5,000THB visa fee and completed visa application form with two passport size photos attached.

Can anyone tell me if these are the only required documents?  

Original and a copy of your marriage certificate.

Copies of your wfes house book registry (page 1 and the page she is shown on) and ID card signed by her (date not required).

Photos are 3.5 X 4.5 cm.

• Thanks 1

You don't need to do any copying until you get there, there is a little cafe/copying shop directly opposite the embassy, they can do all of your copying and complete all the forms for you for a couple of hundred baht whilst you drink a cold beer. That includes taking your photo and providing the correct size photos. Obviously if your wife is not accompanying you, her documents will need to be copied and signed in advance.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Any others been asked to show money and amount to indicate a trend?

I haven't seen any reports from Savannakhet, but on a Facebook forum someone reported being asked for a bank statement in Vientiane.  Despite not having a bank statement, he still received a Non-Imm O visa as the parent of a Thai child.  He was told next time - no bank statement, no visa.

From the Vientiane appointment website for Non-Immigrant O Visa to stay with Thai family: 

• A bank statement (for Multiple-Entry visa, an applicant should show at least 6 months of bank statement with at least 100,000 baht or that equivalent in other currencies) 

https://thaivisavientiane.com/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SEtonal said:

I haven't seen any reports from Savannakhet, but on a Facebook forum someone reported being asked for a bank statement in Vientiane.  Despite not having a bank statement, he still received a Non-Imm O visa as the parent of a Thai child.  He was told next time - no bank statement, no visa.

Vientiane does not issue ME Non-Os, but a similar post appeared a few days ago for a single-entry.  They did not tell him what the minimum was, but he provided a statement and received his Non-O (single-entry).

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

Warning: Although reports are very recent and not 100% confirmed, you may need to provide financial proof (some amount unknown) in a bank account in Thailand or elsewhere.

Not so have to show no financials was there on 30th may. Savannakhet for 12 month non o

Edited by fourpack
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, Tayaout said:

In HMC, I wad asked for wife name change certificate. Original and signed copy. 

I was worried about this myself. I did the application about a month ago in savannakhet. I had them just incase but didn't submit them and they also wern't requested.

Copies of your wfes house book registry (page 1 and the page she is shown on) and ID card signed by her (date not required).

Photos are 3.5 X 4.5 cm.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Is a copy of the photo page on the blue card(house book registry) a new thing? As I've got a Non O spouse visa twice now from Savannakhet before and never had to show it 

7 minutes ago, Maca said:

Is a copy of the photo page on the blue card(house book registry) a new thing?

Page one of a house book does not have a photo on it. It is normally needed since that is the page that shows the address on it.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Page one of a house book does not have a photo on it. It is normally needed since that is the page that shows the address on it.

I have a copy of page 1.I have a copy of the following page that show's my wife's name at the top and her address at the bottom, but there is no photo with that page.Is there another page that I need?

24 minutes ago, Maca said:

I have a copy of page 1.I have a copy of the following page that show's my wife's name at the top and her address at the bottom, but there is no photo with that page.Is there another page that I need?

There are no photo in a house book. Only the ID card has a photo on it.

2 hours ago, Maca said:

Photos are 3.5 X 4.5 cm.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Is a copy of the photo page on the blue card(house book registry) a new thing? As I've got a Non O spouse visa twice now from Savannakhet before and never had to show it 

Did you get a 60 or 90 day visa?  I am assuming the 1 year extension can only be obtained inside Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be applying for the Non O spouse multiple entry visa next week in Savaankhet my wife has given me copies of her ID card and blue book, but she has signed and dated them the 1st of this month (1/6/2562). Will this make any difference at the Thai consulate?

Thanks Maca

11 hours ago, Maca said:

I'll be applying for the Non O spouse multiple entry visa next week in Savaankhet my wife has given me copies of her ID card and blue book, but she has signed and dated them the 1st of this month (1/6/2562). Will this make any difference at the Thai consulate?

No problem. The date on the copies will not matter.

• Thanks 1