Police clearance, US citizen

3stan

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Same as everywhere else to get a Thai police clearance. You apply for it at the police clearance center in Bangkok in person or by mail.

Info here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

Oh, so it has nothing to do with the US embassy in cm then, apparently. Im not sure if i understand at what point is this document needed. Is it prior to obtaining a work permit and visa for my new job? Or after? The website lists work permit as one of the documents that can be presented.

7 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Well Mr. Stan your question is a mite confusing.  Do you want some agency in the USA to certify that you are a clean American with no police record?

Or do you want some Thai agency to offer the same 'clean bill'?

I just want to know how people usually proceed to get this document. 

3 hours ago, 3stan said:

I just want to know how people usually proceed to get this document. 

Ubon Joe has told you how to proceed IF what you need is a Thai police clearance.

If you need a US police clearance contact the local police department where you lived.

If you do not understand when the document is needed, contact the agency requesting it.

There is no US Embassy in Chiang Mai.

7 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Ubon Joe has told you how to proceed IF what you need is a Thai police clearance.

If you need a US police clearance contact the local police department where you lived.

If you do not understand when the document is needed, contact the agency requesting it.

There is no US Embassy in Chiang Mai.

Have you tried making sense of this website? Bunch of broken links. Also, if finger prints are now needed, it would mean that one can not do this via mail anymore. I was hoping that someone who had been through the process could enlightened me.

Ok, its a consulate, smartass.

I need whatever document is usually asked for in order to teach in thailand. Criminal background check, police clearance.

Archived