Corbyn accuses Trump of interfering in UK politics with Johnson comments

rooster59

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The people that you refer to as your 'peers' are a group you have chosen to associate with/identify with and therefore very much more likely to share similar outlooks, such as political views. So you know a lot of people who hold similar views to yourself, so do I. 

How about this for hogwash: 

Arguing that because someone continued their education into 'further education/university' they somehow skipped life experiences, didn't 'live in the real world' or earn a living?!

But the number of people who receive higher education not necessarily attended university is only a small percentage of the population when compared to the vast majority of the population in general who left school and entered the work force without having attended university or received any form of HE.

When you have to work you meet people facing the same issues as yourself in the outside world and having to earn a living at the same time.

Few students have this worry. When I was at school I don't remember having to worry about gas or electric bills nor do I remember a single one of my class mates bitching about such things. They were left to our parents to worry about.

What issues does a student really have to concern himself about when he's closeted in the secure surroundings of a college or similar facility.

University pupils are only more mature pupils who are funded either by their parents or the tax payer and who may possibly get a part time job for their little extras but most of 'em leave school in their twenties without ever having done a day's work in their lives and have been programmed to look down their noses at those of us who have.

And anyone who does not share the sheltered views that have been drummed into them for years by liberal teachers and lecturers are ignorant racists, bigots or even neo nazis etc.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are correct, the observation you made from personal experience is not BS.

It's a little more than simply confirming that you personally don't have knowledge of something, but of course not being aware of something is not evidence that it does not exist.  

Oh come on be real we're talking about the actual world here and the one that we all live in. 

When did you last hear of a survey being conducted in a factory, at a football match, in a workshop, on a building site, in a pub or in a working mans club.

I've frequented such places all my life and never once, not one single time have a I ever seen a poll or a survey being conducted.

So if you're so much more experienced, knowledgeable and clever than me where are these surveys actually conducted and don't say on the internet cos I'm on the internet several hours every day and I'm never invited to take part in one.

16 hours ago, bomber said:

it was a truthful post and not a big red bus in sight,iam sure the poster will not be appearing before a court anytime soon.

Good point.

I'm sure we're all looking forward to all politicians (experts etc.) that lied/misrepresented the truth etc. being taken to court ????.

Somehow I know, this will not happen - It's only targeted at boris for some reason.....

12 hours ago, yogi100 said:

How exactly did Putin help Trump get elected.

I thought it had been decided by an independent inquiry that Putin had played no part whatsoever in the result of the US presidential election.

I sincerely doubt that very few Americans if any are going to pay any attention to a Russian trying to tell 'em how to vote.

Couldn't agree more!

But there are always a few stupid people that are convinced that people care more about fb posts (or whatever) than their own real life experience......

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Your lack of knowledge of the facts of the matter is startling....

Especially considering that the U.S. Special Counsel's report just recently made public detailed extensive efforts and actions by Russia to interfere in the 2016 presidential election in favor of Trump.

And as for your last sentence, again if you had any clue, you'd know and understand that the Russian efforts were COVERT.... they weren't publicly advertising what they were doing. Instead, they were planting and disseminating fake and distorted news through a variety of communication channels that no one would have any idea had Russian government agents behind them.

Unless you're just trolling and portraying fake, partisan inspired ignorance....

You make a good point ????.

Of course you'd believe that the electorate were swayed by the "detailed extensive efforts and actions by Russia to interfere in the 2016 presidential election in favor of Trump."

But then again, only those with an agenda against trump or brexit would believe this rubbish......

How exactly did they do this?  Facebook?

Or do you prefer to ignore the fact that most of the media supported hilary and remain?

12 hours ago, yogi100 said:

How did they arrive at these percentages. I live in the UK and no one I know was consulted.

They conduct these opinion polls in universities, the offices of the BBC or in other leftist or liberal leaning establishments where they know they're going to get the opinions they're looking for and which suit their political agenda.

There was great anger and a fair amount of hatred directed by Joe Bloggs at Obama over his 'back of the queue' remarks.

Most, although admittedly not all politically aware working class fellows I know like Trump and wish we had a leader like him in the UK.

More and more people in Britain are becoming very skeptical of anything the MSM especially the BBC has to say about anything these days. There is not one working class presenter on the BBC, Sky News or LBC. And very few who did not attend a university apart from Nigel Farage who has a weekly slot on LBC.

10 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Clairvoyants are so rare these days.

You don't know anyone who participated in the polling but you are somehow able to divine how it was conducted.

Do you have any predictions for the £/฿ exchange rate?  With your skills you can make a killing.

Do you understand the meaning of clairvoyant?

Of course not - you just made an insulting comment that (of course...) was liked by candide, morch and nigel garvie.....

22 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Do you guys purposefully ignore the facts and details revealed into the Russian influence operations on Trump's behalf in the 2016 election? Or you're just sleeping through it all...  The details have been well documented and publicized through the Special Counsel's investigation and elsewhere.

Yes... in answer to your question above. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and then of course, the Russian aided Wikileaks disclosures regarding the Clinton campaign.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/technology/facebook-google-russia.html

WASHINGTON — Russian agents intending to sow discord among American citizens disseminated inflammatory posts that reached 126 million users on Facebook, published more than 131,000 messages on Twitter and uploaded over 1,000 videos to Google’s YouTube service, according to copies of prepared remarks from the companies that were obtained by The New York Times.

The detailed disclosures, sent to Congress on Monday by companies whose products are among the most widely used on the internet, came before a series of congressional hearings this week into how third parties used social networks and online services to influence millions of Americans before the 2016 presidential election.

The new information goes far beyond what the companies have revealed in the past and underline the breadth of the Kremlin’s efforts to lever open divisions in the United States using American technology platforms, especially Facebook. Facebook also said it had found and deleted more than 170 accounts on its photo-sharing app Instagram; those accounts had posted about 120,000 pieces of Russia-linked content.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

But the number of people who receive higher education not necessarily attended university is only a small percentage of the population when compared to the vast majority of the population in general who left school and entered the work force without having attended university or received any form of HE.

When you have to work you meet people facing the same issues as yourself in the outside world and having to earn a living at the same time.

Few students have this worry. When I was at school I don't remember having to worry about gas or electric bills nor do I remember a single one of my class mates bitching about such things. They were left to our parents to worry about.

What issues does a student really have to concern himself about when he's closeted in the secure surroundings of a college or similar facility.

University pupils are only more mature pupils who are funded either by their parents or the tax payer and who may possibly get a part time job for their little extras but most of 'em leave school in their twenties without ever having done a day's work in their lives and have been programmed to look down their noses at those of us who have.

And anyone who does not share the sheltered views that have been drummed into them for years by liberal teachers and lecturers are ignorant racists, bigots or even neo nazis etc.

What is it about discussions about higher education that attracts so many people eagerly displaying their ignorance for all the world to see?

10 hours ago, candide said:

The size a of poll sample is usually around 1000 so it's unlikely that you may know someone who has been surveyed. Same as for the other polls on any subject. Do you know many people who have participated in any national survey?

As for your statement that the survey had been conducted in Universities and other left-wing nests, do you have any proof of it?

Quite.

These 'opinion polls' aren't worthy of attention.

As you point out "The size a of poll sample is usually around 1000 so it's unlikely that you may know someone who has been surveyed. Same as for the other polls on any subject. Do you know many people who have participated in any national survey?"

And then from Wikipedia summarizing the Mueller report's findings as to Russian influencing:

Volume I of the report concludes that Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election occurred "in sweeping and systematic fashion" and "violated U.S. criminal law".[4][5][6] 

It lists two methods by which Russia attempted to influence the election. Firstly, a 
social media campaign by the Internet Research Agency (IRA) which supported the Trump presidential campaign, attacked the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign, and aimed to “provoke and amplify political and social discord".[7][8][9]

Secondly, Russian military intelligence GRU conducted computer hacking and strategically released damaging material stolen from the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations.[10][11][12] 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_Report

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Of course not - you just made an insulting comment that (of course...) was liked by candide, morch and nigel garvie.....

gambler's use of the term clairvoyant is entirely within the definition of the word.

Yogi100 makes what can only be described as 'fanciful' claims to know where the subject surveys are undertaken, who is surveyed,  who does the surveying and what their political affiliations might be. 

Either he's making nonsense up (entirely plausible) or he has the ability to perceive events beyond normal sensory contact. 

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who claims to have a supernatural ability to perceive events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact.

The "small percentage" is not nearly as small as you think.  Most developed countries currently have 27%(Germany) - 54%(Canada) of the population with undergraduate degrees.  See HERE.

You are not very well informed of the current situation.  Education costs have skyrocketed while incomes have barely budged.  Governments have slashed funding and most students are now left shouldering the burden.  I can only speak of the situation in Canada and USA, but students have a ton of debt to WORRY about these days.

most of 'em leave school in their twenties without ever having done a day's work in their lives and have been programmed to look down their noses at those of us who have.

Let me see if I understand your viewpoint.  The highly educated people largely responsible for:

- the increase in human life span

- the ease of communication and conducting business

- the 3 fold increase in agricultural production of the last 50 years

don't deserve your respect.

OK... I think I see where you're coming from.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What is it about discussions about higher education that attracts so many people eagerly displaying their ignorance for all the world to see?

Where in this topic about UK politics have I been displaying  ignorance for all the world to see?

Point it out please and explain why or it's just another meaningless assertion.

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

These 'opinion polls' aren't worthy of attention.

As you point out "The size a of poll sample is usually around 1000 so it's unlikely that you may know someone who has been surveyed. Same as for the other polls on any subject. Do you know many people who have participated in any national survey?"

You want to challenge the theory of statistics? Good luck with that!

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Where in this topic about UK politics have I been displaying  ignorance for all the world to see?

Point it out please and explain why or it's just another meaningless assertion.

It's in the bit where you wandered off topic ranting about students. 

13 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Hmmmm, yes I DO understand the term.... perhaps you yourself need a reminder.

clairvoyant - 1) a person who claims to have a supernatural ability to perceive events in the future

OR 2) beyond normal sensory contact

I leave it you to determine which definition I was using... let's see if you can get it right.

9 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

The "small percentage" is not nearly as small as you think.  Most developed countries currently have 27%(Germany) - 54%(Canada) of the population with undergraduate degrees.  See HERE.

You are not very well informed of the current situation.  Education costs have skyrocketed while incomes have barely budged.  Governments have slashed funding and most students are now left shouldering the burden.  I can only speak of the situation in Canada and USA, but students have a ton of debt to WORRY about these days.

Let me see if I understand your viewpoint.  The highly educated people largely responsible for:

- the increase in human life span

- the ease of communication and conducting business

- the 3 fold increase in agricultural production of the last 50 years

don't deserve your respect.

OK... I think I see where you're coming from.

I've every respect for those who go on to use their brains for our benefit but a limited proportion of them do. We just seen a series of capers performed by environmental warriors many of whom went through HE. 

But many do not especially the 600 odd UK MPs who went to various universities.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

How dare you compare uk and eu politicians to dogs and ponies!

Both dogs and ponies are far more trustworthy than either of the latter species.....

My dogs agree with the above statement.????

So as a democrat.. I am obliged to accept the decision of the house. ð¶ð¶ð¶ð¶ð¶

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

I've every respect for those who go on to use their brains for our benefit but a limited proportion of them do. We just seen a series of capers performed by environmental warriors many of whom went through HE. 

But many do not especially the 600 odd UK MPs who went to various universities.

I think you have the percentages inverted.  Only a small minority of graduates are eco warriors and some of those have the correct goals but the worst strategies.

As for politicians I have to agree with an old friends favorite saying:

Politics is the last resort of scoundrels.

I think a lot of politicians actually start out with the motivation to actually improve things.  I'm not sure how it turns out that such a large percentage forget their good initial intentions.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:29 AM, wombat said:

I'm surprised President Trump hasn't been blamed for the Ebola outbreak in Africa.

Now you have done it! The "Lefties" will pick up on this, next we will be reading that Trump, with input from Fox news, with thanks to Russian influences started Ebola (& aids) with "illegal" stolen Chinese vaccines which were bought in my Mexicans due to lack of security...............

24 hour a day news has a lot to answer for, life was so much simpler before we "had" to be online 24/7!

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I think you have the percentages inverted.  Only a small minority of graduates are eco warriors and some of those have the correct goals but the worst strategies.

As for politicians I have to agree with an old friends favorite saying:

Politics is the last resort of scoundrels.

I think a lot of politicians actually start out with the motivation to actually improve things.  I'm not sure how it turns out that such a large percentage forget their good initial intentions.

Would that "old friend" be Samuel Johnson by any chance.  (Actually, Johnson said that "patriotism" was the last refuge of a scoundrel.  This assertion has of course been proven correct almost every day in the inferno that is American politics.  )

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Of course you'd believe that the electorate were swayed by the "detailed extensive efforts and actions by Russia to interfere in the 2016 presidential election in favor of Trump."

But then again, only those with an agenda against trump or brexit would believe this rubbish......

Or do you prefer to ignore the fact that most of the media supported hilary and remain?

What don't you understand about proven interference by Russia, including a Russian State intelligence agency, the GRU (it's documented in the Muller report). There is still ongoing investigations to try and determine what if any actual difference the interference made to voting. However, one of the major critiques is lack of effort by the trump administration to ensure such attempts by a hostile power be recognised and addressed for future election in the US

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Care to back up that ludicrous claim with evidence?

No, I thought not.

Archived