dramatic increase in download speed with Chiang Mai 3BB fiber ?

orang37

Anyone else noticed a speed increase ? I can get, at times, up to 5mbps: compared to average under 1mbps before.

I'm on the cheapest plan.

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, orang37 said:

Anyone else noticed a speed increase ? I can get, at times, up to 5mbps: compared to average under 1mbps before. I'm on the cheapest plan.

1 mbps for Fibre??

This post must be some kind of joke :ermm:, but sorry I can't get it :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Are you joking?

Just checked mine on testmyspeed dot com.

I use the 3BB 632 baht a month package.

Download 37.09 Mb/s

Upload 11.92 Mb/s

Not had any problems with 3BB.

Same package, same price, 112Mb/s, 74Mb/s (server Singapore SG)

I have BBB.

I had 100 Mbps service.

When they got the 200 Mbps service, they upgraded 100Mbps customers to 200 for free.

When I do ADSLThailand speed test, I frequently get OVER 200 and have had as much as 247 Mbps.

Other days it is at 60-90 Mbps but either was the feed will always be ahead of the play so no start stop.....start stop

We had 3BB until recently (close to CM city area), it was excellent for several years then suddenly it went off-line regularly and way too long for a technician to come and check and re-set a box somewhere in our village. 

We changed to AIS including their Playbox free TV and so far quite happy.

Fortunately, I roll-out barbed-wire here, frequently, to help keep you mid-life road-kill enter the silpa bardo, so I do not require a Level A Hazmat suit to enjoy the camaraderie, and bonhomie, so tenderly expressed in this thread ????

3BB plan: 632 baht per month. Speed tests today (no VPN) at 1:39PM with speedtest.com, server Singapore: 95.45/109 mbps dl, 77.94/75 mbps upload.

Hypothesis: a real-world download of a video with few seeders from an international server over P2P is always slow compared to any test based on pings: however, I do infer my speed here may be much lower than average. Hypothesis: 3BB throttles ?.

25 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Fortunately, I roll-out barbed-wire here, frequently, to help keep you mid-life road-kill enter the silpa bardo, so I do not require a Level A Hazmat suit to enjoy the camaraderie, and bonhomie, so tenderly expressed in this thread ????

3BB plan: 632 baht per month. Speed tests today (no VPN) at 1:39PM with speedtest.com, server Singapore: 95.45/109 mbps dl, 77.94/75 mbps upload.

Hypothesis: a real-world download of a video with few seeders from an international server over P2P is always slow compared to any test based on pings: however, I do infer my speed here may be much lower than average. Hypothesis: 3BB throttles ?.

good day, Orang....

I get over 500 with a cabled connection.  I get about 150 with WiFi on a smaller laptop computer.

Are you using hardwired or WiFi connection to the modem/router?