Video: Brit loses his holiday money to ladyboy in Pattaya

webfact

If you actually paid attention when watching the video you would notice that he did NOT have his wallet in the front of his pants.

The ladyboy stuck his/her hand down the front of the geezer's pants to distract him while he/she lifted his wallet with his/her left hand. You can see later in the vid where he/she glances down to look at his/her left hand probably trying to judge how well he/she had just done.

Having the cigarette in his/her mouth and nearly jamming it in the guys face was probably not (totally) intentional but also served as a distraction.

As for showing his face ? Last time I checked, this was Thailand, not the UK or USA or Canada or Australia and whatever rights you think you have back in your home country don't necessarily apply here. 
Sheesh, it used to be common practise for the media to display the face page of your passport in their articles, along with people's complete addresses !
They would literally give out all your personal details in print ! 
"Peter Bloggins who lives at 105/15 Soi Cheap Charlie, Moo 2, South Pattaya, 20150, had his safe broken into for the 3rd time this month and lost another (big wad of cash and jewellery). Police aren't sure why robbers keep coming to his house which doesn't have an alarm system or CCTV cameras installed.
Mr Bloggins comes from Stroke me on the Kent in the UK and according to his passport is (really old)
. (Passport facepage displayed with just the passport number blacked out.)

Maybe this geezer is a first timer and not aware of where he was or the dangers. Maybe he'd heard about how "cheap" the "ladies" were in that area. He appeared to be "cruising" (as opposed to going somewhere and getting pestered on the way). 

I've been down there in the wee hours a few times, however, I was on my way somewhere else and even though I was drunk, I never got hassled or groped. (Once I walked from soi 7 to Walking Street because I thought I was too drunk to ride a moto-taxi and would probably fall off if I tried !)
This guy though looks like he was shopping and maybe drunk enough to not realize that all those "ladies" were probably more "man" than he was (is) !

As for the amount of money. It's not that much really (for a lot of people working that is). When I was working in Afghanistan, some guys were making that much (or more) a day. I've spent as much in a single night, on many a night back when I was making "war zone" money.

I'd have been more concerned with losing everything else in my wallet !

That was always one nice advantage with hanging out in go-go bars. You got to see the goods beforehand so no nasty surprises when you got back to the hotel !

• Like 1

Well besides been found plastered and robbed by ladyboys

now has his name plastered all over the news 

Most of us would want to keep that side of things quite will have some explaining to his mates when he returns to the UK

about the joys of Pattaya 

• Haha 1

I love the way they say "damaging Pattaya's image".  Pattaya's image is a sordid playground of lowlife foreigners, criminals, a sex supermarket and  red light metropolis. It's that image that tourists come to see, since it's unlike anywhere else in the world

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr O'Malley was drunk, they said, adding that this sort of thing damages Pattaya's image and the miscreant must be found and prosecuted. 

Damaging Pattayas image, OMG, and by one miscreant ladyboy hahaha, this made my day i needed a good laugh.

Now what about the 100,s of other damaging things, filthy turd and rat infested beaches, no sand, dirty smelly filthy streets, bar girls and prostitutes who are infected with this non curable ghonarhia and know it and dont use protection., corruption, bad tempered thais who lose face if they cant get their own way, my god thats just scratching the surface. But lets send out the entire pattaya finest and track this criminal down and pattaya will be back to a fantastic family paradise. ( poor guy must have been his first trip here, maybe his last, lucky thats all he lost).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fred white said:

His buddies in England will love this ????

He'll be slaughtered by all of his "mates". Why was he so close to the ladyboy? He might have to explain that to his wife, kids, and parents as well.

The <deleted> has definitely hit the fan and now it's not about 20,000 baht anymore. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

this sort of thing damages Pattaya's image and the miscreant must be found and prosecuted. 

Of course, the fines for the miscreant should be more than 200 baht and a wai. How about one year in the slammer?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Seems to me like the guy is full of shit. The way he describes the £100 notes he had, describing how each £100 note was laying on top of the other. Who describes money like that. Also, £100 notes. He's full of mad dogs moko. 

Tend to agree with you and probably it's a case of when they got back to the room he found out his "friend"  had more parts then he thought and attempting to deny he was so naive he could not tell the difference

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Someone who, quite rightly, doesn't trust the safe in his hotel room.

Again, if you don't trust your hotels safe try credit card and withdraw the amount you normally spend. Even better adwice: have your party in a local Pattaya bar where you know the owner and bar ladies don't steal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Tend to agree with you and probably it's a case of when they got back to the room he found out his "friend"  had more parts then he thought and attempting to deny he was so naive he could not tell the difference

Something fishy about this Brit, I bet he wouldn't pass a lie-detector test.

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

What are you talking about ? This doesn't make sense.

My point being that victims of robbery and/or sexual assault have a right to privacy/anonymity in the real world with serious repercussions all round for the sort of failure evident in this thread. 

• Like 1

It looked like the lady boy spotted he was drunk and, under pretext of feeling his private parts searched for his wallet, found it and removed it. I guess this has been going on for years in Pattaya, Soi Nana and other similar venues but historically it was not caught on video.

I recall that there was a World Bank conference in Bangkok and the authorities were worried about similar incidents or worse befalling the esteemed delegates on their evening social research visits.  Without difficulty they cleared the lady boys from the street in Soi Nana, Patpong and and Soi Cowboy for two whole weeks of bliss for anyone walking around there, just to show it could be done. Then it went back to business as normal, i.e. local plods taking money from lady boys to let them freely harass and rob tourists in the street.  Amazing Thailand!

Edited by Dogmatix

I am just curious.

What is the percentage of Brits in Thailand?

Living here or tourists?

Because, it sure seems practically everyday there is some Brit problem story occurring.

Just trying to figure out why. Maybe they are a large majority here?

With the depressing exchange rates seems British tourism/presence would be way way down in Thailand...

Certainly seems like a country in major difficulty at this time.

Edited by bkk6060