american notary of income verification

Hi,

Does anyone know if Pattaya immigration no longer accepts a notary of income like years before.

I read that U.S. consular no longer offers this service. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!

Barry

Wow.

You hadn't heard?

The USA embassy and consulate stopped issuing income letters for Thai immigration late last year.

People that got them last year were told they would be accepted by Thai immigration for 6 months. Of course the USA embassy doesn't control the behavior of all the Thai immigration offices.

In any case, it is now JUNE.

You can't get a new letter. It is OVER.

It's a really bad situation but that's the way it is.

You have the option of proving income now by showing MONTHLY deposits from abroad going back a full 12 months (starting next year) with "leniency" of being allowed to show less than the full 12 months this year possible but not guaranteed.

Good luck. 

Jing I have a ticket RT back to the U.S. & come back in Sept.I won't have a 1 year stamp but I can still get a Re-entry permit under my 1 year till July 7th.Would that get me into the country or what do I need to gain entrance if not.I am trying to avoid the need for getting a seperate one way ticket back I won't use till next year.

Thanks

Re-entry would only be valid until current permitted to stay date (which seems to be July 7) so no it can not be used to enter in September.  Ticket is only required to a country you can enter on your current passport so a cheap onward to Malaysia would be fine.

So would I need to fly back into Thailand or take a van back to Thailand? I think Sioukinville in Cambodia may be closer to Pattaya. Or is Thailand going to need to see a return trip to where I came from.

Thanks for the help. 15 years here & I have always had a 1 year & just am clueless how this works.

Thanks

Barry

On 6/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, Beardog said:

Thanks Jing. I just found out today. Sounds like it is time to figure out visa runs.I am shy of 800,00 in the bank.

Well you may also have missed the fact that the 800,000 needs only to season for 2 months before, but you have to leave it untouched for 3 after, and then maintain 400,000 until 2 months before next renewal. Also income letters being cancelled forced immigration to accommodate Expats and income to a Thai bank of 65,000 baht each month is accepted in lieu of letters and an alternative to the 800k.  

Edited by jacko45k

22 hours ago, Beardog said:

So would I need to fly back into Thailand or take a van back to Thailand? I think Sioukinville in Cambodia may be closer to Pattaya. Or is Thailand going to need to see a return trip to where I came from.

Thanks for the help. 15 years here & I have always had a 1 year & just am clueless how this works.

Thanks

Barry

When are you leaving Thailand to go back to the states?

You might want to consider applying for a OA long stay visa while you are in the states. The visa allows unlimited one year entries for year from the date of issue. By doing an entry just before the visa expires you can get almost 2 years of total stay from it.

Requirements are here. https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-category-oa/

If you enter the country after your trip without a visa you many need to show a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival. A low cost one way ticket to a nearby country country will be accepted. There is no requirement for it to be return ticket,

The nearest border crossing to Pattaya is the Ban Pakad (aka Palin). No need for a ticket out of the country.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys for the great info.

I was leaving June 16th but I may be cancelling the ticket at this point My friend I stay with (he gives me the back house just had a pacemaker put in & I am not sure if he wants me up yet.

But the update you gave me ubonjoe should give me some answers I need.

Thanks again!

On 6/5/2019 at 8:20 AM, Beardog said:

Jing I have a ticket RT back to the U.S. & come back in Sept.I won't have a 1 year stamp but I can still get a Re-entry permit under my 1 year till July 7th.Would that get me into the country or what do I need to gain entrance if not.I am trying to avoid the need for getting a seperate one way ticket back I won't use till next year.

Thanks

Any reentry permit you obtain will have an "until date" the same as your current extension of stay.

EDIT. Sorry missed the replies already posted.

Edited by DrJack54