Non immigrant visa O (marriage) - have to show evidence of £1500 per month income?

6 hours ago, William Osborne said:

If their website says you need it ...you need it ...thai consulate in dublin is the same now, looking for 1600 euro or something and they only issue single entry ...pure waste of space ????...looks like i will have to go to singapore or vietnam now...

London Embassy will issue multis - as far as I know, most Consulates stopped issuing them a while back. Hull say they don't but as one of the previous posters said, if you send your documents electronically they will scan them and send them to London for approval - then issue the visa, they did the same for me. Maybe you could ask Dublin if they will do the same? Hull ask for financials when offering that service whereas if you go direct to London, they don't (normally).

Edited by KhaoYai

13 hours ago, Denim said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. What a bummer. A very expensive trip into London from the Isle of Wight if I ever apply there again. The ferry alone will be way over 100 pounds.

From the current ferry website:

The most popular route is Portsmouth to Fishbourne. The average price this month for this route is £25.50 for a car and two people each way.

I don't know how much the price varies with early/late bookings but the website does say average so there must be some bookings that are less than £25.50 each way.

1 hour ago, sumrit said:

From the current ferry website:

I don't know how much the price varies with early/late bookings but the website does say average so there must be some bookings that are less than £25.50 each way.

Ha ha. Try getting that price during the summer holidays .

Here is a screenshot of the price assuming I were going to the IOW on 10th June for 3 days departing 10 am both ways :

bandicam 2019-06-06 08-46-05-885.jpg

One thing I did not notice on the website is that when you hand in your passport on appointment day , is it returned same day or the next ?  

Edited by Denim

16 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Is this system actually working yet? I tried it but when I entered that I was a UK citizen with permanent residence in the UK, I was refused.

For the UK not until the the 15th of this month and that could change to a later date.

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:48 PM, Mark79 said:

I just obtained a Non Immigrant O visa (multi entry) based on marriage to a Thai from the Embassy in London last week.

I did the application via post which I would recommend doing before the online visa applications go live (supposedly 15th June) as it was a simple trip to the post office and no need visiting embassy or consulate.

I sent a photocopy of marriage certificate, photocopy of wife's Thai ID and Passport, my original passport, 2x passport photos, complete application form and 160GBP in cash fees.

I also sent a printout from my online UK bank statement showing savings/income although reports suggest this is not necessary.

I sent the documents special delivery from up North on the Thursday and my passport was received back in the post on the Wednesday with my new 1 year visa. (this was over a bank holiday weekend too).

That's good information - thanks.

I'm undecided whether to get this in Savannakhet (pretty straight forward, and I always get new Single Entry Tourist Visas there, so it's a familiar run..), - or do it in London before I go out again.

So far been doing 2 SETVs a year - with the trip to Lao - giving me 6 months or so, then a trip to Cambodia for a turn-around visa exempt.

After 3 or 4 years of this am looking for a better way.

My question as regards Embassy in London is:

In Savannakhet they require the wife's Tabien Baan - house-book (copy) as well I believe - but you didn't mention it, so not required in London?

Also, no medical check from doctor or police report? -

Sorry, I may be getting confused with the OA visa requirements, where they are definitely required.

9 hours ago, raysunshineray said:

My question as regards Embassy in London is:

In Savannakhet they require the wife's Tabien Baan - house-book (copy) as well I believe - but you didn't mention it, so not required in London?

Also, no medical check from doctor or police report? -

Sorry, I may be getting confused with the OA visa requirements, where they are definitely required.

No Tabien Baan required at the embassy in London and no medical or police reports either - those, as you suggest, are for an O-A.  If you do go to Savannakhet, check with others but as far as I know, they want a signed copy of your wife's Tabien Baan (main registration page and the page showing her name) + a signed copy of both sides of her Thai ID card.