Why are they widening this road?

bkk6060

This is is 1260.

Between the 107 and 1001.

It is not a heavily travel ed road yet the expansion in both directions will make it 3 lanes in each way.

They are doing the same with a parallel road between the 107 and 1001.

I have asked one response I got is there a new rim road planned in this area to take congestion off the 107.

Anyway, I am all for infrastructure improve ments.  I can understand all the work being done on the highway to Lamphun as that is heavy traffic.

Not sure why these Mae Rim projects are happening at this time though...

IMG_20190605_101059016_HDR.jpg

57 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

It's going to be the start of the new outer-outer ring road that will eventually meet up with the new airport. That and as you mention it's to provide improved options to get cars off 107. 

Ok, thanks.

It has been planned and under construction for many years.  They fairly recently finished the other end where it leads to the 108 and the fairly new Canal Road. The building of the new overpass at the 121 and 118 will be ongoing for a number of years.

33 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

It has been planned and under construction for many years.  They fairly recently finished the other end where it leads to the 108 and the fairly new Canal Road. The building of the new overpass at the 121 and 118 will be ongoing for a number of years.

Disregard. I misunderstood and thought you were referring to the 121. My bad! ????

4 hours ago, taotoo said:

Do you know how many? I thought it was meant to take two in total.

Basically a similar merry go-round to what the detour is currently. But, it will go over, under, round-about and just plain circles.  ???? I figure it took them around 4 years to complete the basic intersection of the 121 and 107.  I can only guess how long this will take.  In my experience, the current detour is quicker than when they had traffic light. 

118 Inter BW.jpg

6 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Basically a similar merry go-round to what the detour is currently. But, it will go over, under, round-about and just plain circles.  ???? I figure it took them around 4 years to complete the basic intersection of the 121 and 107.  I can only guess how long this will take.  In my experience, the current detour is quicker than when they had traffic light. 

118 Inter BW.jpg

Yep, one big roundabout works well.  Keep it as it is now ???? 

We get a nice new road installed and of course someone has to complain. As in any country it takes years from the initial planning, getting funs, buying land, then building the road. O forgot handing out the envelopes as well. Good on you thailand for building new roads

6 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

In my experience, the current detour is quicker than when they had traffic light. 

Yes - much better!

10 years ago the lights weren't an issue, then one new year's day about 5 years ago the lights' timing appeared to change and there were queues all of a sudden and it's been like that ever since.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I remember rightly, the 107 is congested, and I always used the 1001 to avoid it going north . If this takes the pressure off the 107 it's worth it.

1260 hits 107 south of Mae Rim where the bottle neck is.  Need to build a bypass for Mae Rim

3 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

1260 hits 107 south of Mae Rim where the bottle neck is.  Need to build a bypass for Mae Rim

Next time you are at that intersection, look carefully and you may just see the start of a bypass.

5 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Next time you are at that intersection, look carefully and you may just see the start of a bypass.

Not been that way for a few months.  Nothing shows up on google maps.  Are they upgrading the canal road to the west?  That's the way I normally go.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:08 PM, Samuel Smith said:

OK. I always took the 1001 north of Mae Rim and cut across to come out near the road to MHS on 107.

They put a very nice connecting road in a few years ago, so no need to go on the back roads now.

Archived