Where are Thai’s heading for this summer’s holidays?

webfact

Where are Thai’s heading for this summer’s holidays?

By The Thaiger

Where-to-Stay-in-Chiang-Mai-Thailand-iSt

Thai travellers who are booking through Airbnb are discovering new ‘off the beaten track’ destinations. Globally, Airbnb identifies some of the top trending destinations based on percentage growth in bookings during the same time last year *. And when we say growth, we mean mega growth!

The top choices are:

• Valenciennes, France (704%)
• Changsha, China (695%)
• Matsudo, Japan (476%)
• Marigot, St. Martin (467%)
• Wuhan, China (454%)
• Dorado, Puerto Rico (449%)
• Yeosu, South Korea (408%)
• Bragg Creek, Canada (382%)

open-uri20190603-28872-1evq4an.jpeg

Thai Airbnb travellers are searching both overseas and domestically for their summer travel fix with major cities and island resorts their top picks. The top destinations for Thai guests booking Airbnb are ranked according to the percentage growth in bookings over the same time last year *.

The go-to popular winners for Thai travellers are:

• Bali, Indonesia (206%);
• Taipei, Taiwan (156%);
• Hong Kong (80%);
• Bangkok (60%);
• Samui (41%);
• Sapporo, Japan (29%);

Thailand remains a favoured destination for many families travelling this summer. The top three source markets based on percentage growth in bookings during the same time last year** are predictably China (58%) followed by the Russian Federation (39%) and the UK (84%).

Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Bangkok are the top three travel destinations in Thailand for overseas families this summer according to Airbnb’s booking trends.

*Based on internal Airbnb data for year-over-year growth for bookings made for June 1 – September 2, 2019 compared to the same booking period in 2018.

**Based on internal Airbnb data for year-over-year growth for bookings specifying that a child or infant is coming on the trip made for June 1 – September 2, 2019 compared to the same booking period in 2018.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/where-are-thais-heading-for-this-summers-holidays

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-05

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand remains a favoured destination for many families travelling this summer. The top three source markets based on percentage growth in bookings during the same time last year** are predictably China (58%) followed by the Russian Federation (39%) and the UK (84%).

I can see why, lucky Thais.

My partner's sister + b-in-law, 3 kids + grandma currently in Vietnam for 14 days; two of her colleagues going to Seoul for third consecutive year; her company managers return next Sunday from two weeks in Ireland, in April they visited NZ for the second time, their boy (11) stays in an English immersion school in Auckland for 10 days during his school holidays while the parents go touring, I've been able to assist with their itinerary planning.

In late August have friends going on a 4 week England holiday, package tour, followed by two weeks 'free time' in London, it's their 'trip of a lifetime' now youngest daughter has graduated.

I'm feeling left out, no immediate travel plans.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

I would say most of the workers cannot afford a Holiday,  From their  six day week for Baht 2100.

Bit like UK where a lot of the workers can't afford a 4 week package to Thailand so go for two weeks on a crowded Spanish/Greek/etc beach where they can at least get steak and kidney pie followed by spotted dick and custard.

Then again in the eyes of a lot of expats all Thais are poor and work for a bowl of rice and a bottle of water a day.

• Like 1

Many Thais, especially from Bangkok, come here to Hua Hin for a short holiday. Every weekend, year round, sees tour buses filled with Thais from the big city and traffic is backed up along the main road with cars from Bangkok. There are many hotels, guesthouses and resorts (nice places), as well as entertainment venues, that are especially geared for Thais. They behave better than a lot of foreigners I see here for the most part.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Vietnam is full of them. Straight to Danang and Hoi An.

Just back from there.  Only Thai in evidence was my GF + a lady selling dresses married to a Viet.  She preferred baht to dong.