TOT IPTV or alternatives

Saltire

I live out in the sticks but have a good 30 Meg plus fibre connection from TOT. I have a fairly old LG Smart TV (can't get Netflix or TV Mucho to run and the language is set up in Thai). I also have a very large satellite dish and small box from PS1 which gives me nothing I want to watch apart from Mono29 which has dual language and shows pretty much all foreign films. As soon as it rains I lose the satellite channels almost every time, and there's lots of rain to come! The internet only fails when we get a power cut. 

TVMucho and Netflix work ok on my Mac but an HDMI connection to the TV results in a dodgy current affecting my computer, so am not a fan. I am visiting the USA soon and plan on picking up a Chromecast, but still not ideal.

I would like a simple solution that shows at least the news channels (BBC, SKY, CNN etc), some decent movies, sport (not football), Golf, Tennis, F1 etc and so on.

I would add that I favour a set top box over yet another monthly subscription. TOT offer IPtv but not too many 'English' channels in the package.

Any simple to implement suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by Saltire
spelling!

On 6/6/2019 at 3:52 PM, TVPersonell said:

Hello @Saltire!

Could you please specify what model of LG Smart TV do you have?

We are planning to release app version for LG Smart TVs soon.

Best Regards,

Konstantins

Thanks see photo I think it’s about 5 years old. Much obliged

7D80DAEF-D4A7-48B5-8026-909E40A61145.jpeg