Best place to buy condo/house

In jomtien pattaya or bkk area. Budget approx 3-4M

Where would the best place to buy be for both living and investment.

I am presently in arcadia beach resort which is lovely. I like the feel of it plus its nestled away from the madness but maybe not so good for rental returns. I see the finish here is of a far better quality i think than CCR city centre residence pattaya...

I did stay at CCR and seen that the place is going downhill fast ie tiles coming off swimming pool and paintwork coming off walls and you just get the feel that it is not very well mantained at all....

People are telling me view talay is good option

I like to hear any opinions and if anyone has any links/websites prices and info please share

Sent from my EML-L09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Arcadia beach resort? And u like it there?

its one of the cheapest developments around in Pattaya from one of these Israeli  developers.

I think u can buy units for 1,2 M Bht there.

No views only 6 stories thin walls what exactly u like about it?

its not exactly near a beach either

He may have already mentioned 2 of his exact likes in the op, but why let that get in he way of a good bake 555

There are plenty of websites easy to find.

If you want to buy as a place to live, I would choose Pattaya.  Central if you like busy.

But, it will be dead money for many many years there are over 12,000 properties currently for sale in Pattaya area. Not a true investment possible depreciation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

At ฿4 million you are in the 30m2 class of apartment, and that is likely a better home than investment.  Any returns on investment would likely be more dependent on exchange rates than the real-estate market. 

Condos in Thailand aren’t especially liquid investments either, so the potential for several years delay in realizing your gains is a serious risk.

Incorrect.

In most areas of Pattaya/Jomtien you can double that sq. mtr. easily for 4 mil.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

At ฿4 million you are in the 30m2 class of apartment, and that is likely a better home than investment.  Any returns on investment would likely be more dependent on exchange rates than the real-estate market. 

Condos in Thailand aren’t especially liquid investments either, so the potential for several years delay in realizing your gains is a serious risk.

30 sqm for 4 million. what planet do you people live on?   Thats a rabbit hutch.  You can get 40 to 42 sq m in Jomtien for 1.5 million, not that I would invest anything in a condo here. Its no wonder people get ripped off here when they arrive so naive as to the real situation in property prices.  Keep your money in the bank at home mate and rent a place.  you (and others) may not like this opinion, but you did ask. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Incorrect.

In most areas of Pattaya/Jomtien you can double that sq. mtr. easily for 4 mil.

Very true 4 mill gets a lot in Pattaya however 30 sqm is about right in BKK at best 35 sqm somewhere along the BTS line but closer to On Nut than to Asoke.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, madmen said:

Very true 4 mill gets a lot in Pattaya however 30 sqm is about right in BKK at best 35 sqm somewhere along the BTS line but closer to On Nut than to Asoke.

I agree with you in BKK.

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Arcadia beach resort? And u like it there?

its one of the cheapest developments around in Pattaya

since when is 80,000/70,000 baht a square metre cheap?

I think you need to get up to speed with condo pricing in Pattaya.

Less than 25,000 baht a square metre is one of the cheapest in Pattaya.

Nirun condo, Flybird condominium etc.

2 hours ago, madmen said:

The new development at Nobel Ploenchit starts at 195,000 per square metre. 

28 minutes ago, VYCM said:

since when is 80,000/70,000 baht a square metre cheap?

I think you need to get up to speed with condo pricing in Pattaya.

Less than 25,000 baht a square metre is one of the cheapest in Pattaya.

Nirun condo, Flybird condominium etc.

Some year ago Arcadia new units could be bought for 1,2 m for 23 sqm

thats 52,000 bht sqm. For new developments thats on the very low

Side kind of a development and it shows. Probably today they are even cheaper resales in Arcadia.

If the OP likes it there then he can buy a double unit Arcadia 46 sqm 2,4 M bht.

28 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Just out of curiosity my partner and I looked at a 45sqm unit there that was around 10MB.  No view.  No furnishings.  No balcony to speak of.  No kitchen even--you had to put one in!  No thanks. 

Yes, it was right next to a Metro stop and the elevator opened right into your condo but it didn't really have a living room--and 10MB for basically a studio didn't seem like good value.  Plus the pool seemed small for the number of units.

40 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Thats nothing the Q house condo with a walkway direct into Nana BTS are for sale at 1 to 5 million USA DOLLARS !!! and it's a red light district although not for to much longer.

My marriage is not working out, so I rented on of them shoeboxes with very nice facilities. On top of that, the 32sqm shoe box is nicely furnished and on a high floor with a nice view. 11,000 baht a month near airport link. I thought well at least I won't be bored, but while the place is nice I couldn't imagine buying and living the rest of my days like this. Also, the place is practically empty and no noisy neighbors. I am bored after 7 days! You can't make this shoebox a home, no way. All I can say thank god I never bought here. They lure you with nice presentation and facilities, but fact is you can't live in facilities. 

Rent here is cheap as chips and I am taking advantage of that,

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:35 PM, Fairynuff said:

Can’t speak for Pattaya but every property I’ve bought and sold in Bangkok (except for one)has netted a good capital growth. The odd one out saw a break even plus a bit. 

Capital growth in Thai baht or exchange rate went your way?

Did you buy off plan? How long did it take you to sell?

RAZZ

On 6/8/2019 at 8:25 PM, newnative said:

the elevator opened right into your condo

Even with coded key-cards I really don't like the sound of that. And what about the machinery noise? My elevator is about 50 yards from my front door, and that's how I like it.

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

Capital growth in Thai baht or exchange rate went your way? BOTH

Did you buy off plan? How long did it take you to sell? OFF PLAN TWICE. THE BREAK EVEN ONE TOOK A COUPLE OF YEARS. OTHERS HAVE BEEN FAIRLY SLOW

RAZZ

37 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Even with coded key-cards I really don't like the sound of that. And what about the machinery noise? My elevator is about 50 yards from my front door, and that's how I like it.

I should have stated that the elevator actually opens into a foyer area that has a door that leads into the condo that you can lock.  There was also a door in the foyer leading out to the fire stairs.  This foyer area seemed to be sort of awkward wasted space and when you only have 45sqm to start, you want to use it all wisely.  I believe Wong Amat Tower does have some condo units where the elevator actually does open right into the condo proper.