Has anyone used a tax advisor or can recommend one?

I have been looking at Mazers or Sherrings who are Bangkok based.

I'm looking for advice on overseas dividends being paid to me while I am in Thailand.

I'm on a non-immigrant multiple entry visa (ie over 50 retirement thingy) & divis would be coming from a UK company

• Like 1

Has anyone used a tax advisor or can recommend one?
I have been looking at Mazers or Sherrings who are Bangkok based.
I'm looking for advice on overseas dividends being paid to me while I am in Thailand.
I'm on a non-immigrant multiple entry visa (ie over 50 retirement thingy) & divis would be coming from a UK company
I can only recommend mazers as i use them in new york, never dealt with the bkk office - but this seems like such a standard case i would totally expect them to be able to help you out easily.

Kpmg and co are here too but they are prolly more expensive than mazers.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Presumably you know that any income remitted to Thailand in the year (calendar) after it was received is not liable for tax in Thailand? 

Even if you remit in the same year it is not something that the Thai revenue are likely to chase you for as for one thing they would not know unless you tell them.

I only mention this as curious why you would need that specific advice (unless you are looking at some DTA for a specific country)?

Edited by topt
  • Like 1

If overseas income is paid to you outside of Thailand that income is not taxable in Thailand.

If the income is subsequently brought into Thailand within within the current Thai tax year the income becomes taxable in Thailand.

If you keep the overseas income outside of Thailand past the end of the tax year (December 31st) and then bring that income into Thailand, the income is not taxable.

It is up to you to declare the income for tax purposes in Thailand if you are liable, because in this situation the Thai Revenue Department has no way of knowing when you received the payment.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

If you keep the overseas income outside of Thailand for one year and one day or longer, and then bring that income into Thailand, the income is not taxable.

Nothing to do with a 366 day spread -- taxable only "if remitted into Thailand in the [calendar] year in which it is derived." https://www.pwc.com/th/en/tax/thai-tax-booklet-2018.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Nothing to do with a 366 day spread -- taxable only "if remitted into Thailand in the [calendar] year in which it is derived." https://www.pwc.com/th/en/tax/thai-tax-booklet-2018.html

Thank you for that; I've been doing it the wrong way for a while now. This makes things much easier.

I'll edit my reply above in case future readers don't get this far.