UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

41 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Who goes potless ? The lack of economical thought in that is stunning. 

Even IF and its a big IF, the UK worms out of paying the £39b that THEY committed to paying themselves in 2013 (no one forced them to)- then that would be classed as a default (oh and add a few billion in legal fees)

A default means the UK's credit rating would be downgraded meaning your pound buys even less, trade deals become more expensive. Your borrowings instantly become more expensive (from banks still willing to lend to you - some only lend to AAA rated countries) for infrastructure etc etc. The UK is already on rating 'negative watch' before Brexit has properly done its worst yet.

The UK rating was already downgraded amid Brexit chaos so its costing us more already) but then again they're all probably wrong as well as the major job creators and the financiers at the coal face. Ignore all them and put your trust in the multi millionaire Boris de Pfeffel Johnson ! 

Now unless Spoony has plans to open another 2 million Wetherspoons that will also have an impact on jobs.

AND you got all this for free !

The inferior EU cr ratings ignored here of course!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo1964 said:

Take it out of the WW2 war reparation payments that German didn't make to the UK. That debt is far more than 39 Billion. Not to mention the debt France owes the UK for liberating them twice from the Germans.

Nothing really better than a bit of good old Brexiteer WWII jingoism.

All we need now is a squadron of Spitfires flying over (but please not with Polish pilots).

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

A new hardline negociating Brexit team would easily slash the 39 big ones down to a far more reasonable realistic price.
Remember..nothing has been signed to my knowledge..it's only a provisional costing right now as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oh Mr Teddy!  you forgot again that there will be no re opening negotiations , deal or no deal …… I know hard to accept , you U.K. does not make the rules changing , BTW , you have even not yet a new blue leader .would be hard enough already to agree on that amongst conservative cat fighting

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More Brexiteer folly.

The only thing a new ‘hardline Brexit’ team will reliably slash is the value of the pound and the British economy.

Compare it as another red bus election trial to become PM from Bojo (don't think it is "Beau Jo..".???? ) I think in such a case the GBP goes "Nautilus depth" , by international banking system .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vogie said:

Michel Barnier has thrown down the gauntlet and stated that "we will never renegotiate the withdrawal agreement" This is aimed at any future PM.

Looks like we will walk away then and you go potless.

Let the games begin ….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jany123 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain

I think it would be closer to the truth if you claimed that Germany was acting alone.

the reason it was called “the battle of Britain” is because it happened over Britain, much like the battle of El Alamein happened in El Alamein, Egypt, but was not so called because it involved Egyptian Forces v Germany.

787F7FF8-D6FB-4439-8A82-56515DD36D81.jpeg

So the 1940 Luftwaffe attempt to destroy the RAF to enable German invasion of the UK is all a myth then? 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Unfortunately karma is a myth for sheep and what goes around does not come around. We should send the French a bill for liberating them twice from the Germans in two wars.

Remember her H. was on your doorstep …..