ANOTHER NAIL IN THE FARANG COFFIN

denis911

On Tuesday I attempted to make a purchase from "Lazada Online Shopping" when pressing the "Pay Now" button and given the pay options, I chose, as always, "Internet Payment" when the page opened, I found that my bank Krungsri was no longer listed, or even my other alternative Bangkok Bank. I then chose pay by "Wallet" as I still had a balance unused in here, I then got a new screen asking me to "authenticate" myself by filling in a form (Although I have had an account with Lazada since it started here in Thailand) the first question asked on the authentication is:- are you a "Thai" or "Foreigner" on clicking Foreigner you are then told that you cannot access the wallet, as it is for "Thais" only ??? So my money is locked up and I cannot retrieve it ??? On calling the company to ask why, I was told that it was to prevent "Money Laundering" so obviously only "Foreigners" launder money, even in my case when transferring legally transferred money from a Thai bank account to my Lazada wallet, so transfer 800k baht to your account, but as a "Foreigner" you cannot use or spend it. ( I see today all options with the exception of "Pay on Delivery" are now disabled ).

This is in total contravention of Section 30 of the "Thai Constitution" :- 

Section 30. All persons are equal before the law and shall enjoy equal protection under the law.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of the difference in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic or social standing, religious belief, education or constitutionally political view, shall not be permitted.

I have lived, owned property and companies here in Thailand for 29 years (1990) spent many thousands of Baht with Lazada and this is how us 'Foreigners' are seen and treated, Oh well rant over, I am sure there will be many more uses of unjust discrimination in the future, under this undemocratic government.  

2019-06-12.png

2019-06-12 (1).png

yes I had a conversation with lazada on this and it clearly shows the anti western bias from Chinese based Lazada as they choose to treat you like a criminal asking for passports etc.... not far off the Thai Post Office asking for ID to mail a birthday card...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, denis911 said:

Can't tick Thai, as you have to have a Thai ID number

As far as I know if you have a Thai driving license that contains the Thai ID number. You can try to use that number...

Personally I used Lazada often enough and I pay with "Internet Banking" or Credit Card. No problem!