Medical and health insurance for expats.

subseasteve

Just wondering what expat insurance companies people recommend.

Just been paying into a Thai one Allianz Ayuthaya more expensive than an expat one with lower payout for 6 years to have them refuse to pay my hospital bills.  After looking online they can refuse you for pretty much any reason they like and get away with it because of Thai insurance laws.

11 minutes ago, subseasteve said:

Just been paying into a Thai one Allianz Ayuthaya more expensive than an expat one with lower payout for 6 years to have them refuse to pay my hospital bills.

Sounds like a scam my Thai health insurance is 49,000 baht per year cheaper than the quote expat western ones.

Insurance companies are in business to make money...they hire people to just say no to claims...they do not expect to be sued for their unethical business practices...

Not all insurance companies are bogus...but you will pay high premiums to get reliable service...

On 6/14/2019 at 7:20 AM, Sheryl said:

I am very happy with April International

But go through a broker as there are many options, especially if you are under 65.

Kawasaki no way could your local policy be 49k less than expat policies. Either you got a quote from one of the costliest expat companies or the quote included outpatient cover....or, you have one of those local policues with such a low level of cover it isn't really worth having

I have several times done exhaustive comparison searches and the more affordable international policies were always same or less than local Thai policies...for much higher level of cover.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sheryl, besides April International do you recommend any others?