US pensioner arrested for staying in Thailand illegally

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, shaurene said:

Wow, sneaked in through the exit side. Wow, where were the imigration police, having there play on the computer games or having their many snack periods.

They should be punished for having the exit 2 way.

pathetic really.

Fine the guy 500 Baht and give him a stamp. He is not a real criminal for Gods Sake.

Has ThaiVisa got nothing else to report besides  this horrendous crime. Did the Thai SAS go back home after his capture.

There are thousands of people crossing the border and its quite east just to walk around the immigration booths , that border is usuaLLY  very busy and the immigration officers do not spend all day on their phones or eating .

Prosecute the guy for deliberately entering Thailand illegally

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, smedly said:

his error is rather minor IMO, he did a border run got stamped out but didn't leave and enter the joining country - hardly crime of the century is it ?

simple to correct

I agree with your sentiment.

It's always been a mystery to me why anyone who gets a 'Departed' stamp on  the Thai side of the border then has to actually enter Laos/Cambodia, pay the Entry Fee and then have their passport (2 pages) stamped, just to re-enter Thailand. IMO anyone being 'stamped out' has fulfilled the Immigration requirement, having arrived at the Immigration border post.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a  'point of no return' before the border, so that those wanting to re enter immediately can turn around and go through the usual re entry process. Why not make the re entry fee 50% of the entry fee over in Laos/Cambodia? This would be a source of income to pay for the staffing at the border posts.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

There are thousands of people crossing the border and its quite east just to walk around the immigration booths , that border is usuaLLY  very busy and the immigration officers do not spend all day on their phones or eating .

Prosecute the guy for deliberately entering Thailand illegally

Not only is the place the utter pits but it is full of Quislings as well.

I hope he is in good health, a spell in IDC could see him leave in a box.  The authorities couldn't care less, as to them he's public enemy number one.  In fact, I'd be very surprised if they don't suspect him of all manner of crime.

There could be more to the story. But we just don't know if he did it on purpose or not, so I will not post any negative comments this time.

If he is a member of this forum he could post and explain what he was thinking. 

1 minute ago, balo said:

There could be more to the story. But we just don't know if he did it on purpose or not, so I will not post any negative comments this time.

If he is a member of this forum he could post and explain what he was thinking. 

Not sure they've got internet in chokey!

11 minutes ago, mindfulness said:

Such helpful caring, helpful, compassionate, folk those whom make up this repressive doctrines all around the world, and the oblivious retarded minions who carry out their repugnant behaviour, and orders. 

Very true..

..and those who applaud -from the sidelines-are guilty of the same repugnant behaviour too.

Apparently they have overlooked Pastor Niemoller's words.."..and then they came for me."

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Sounds like he misunderstood something and now they are making him look like the evil foreigner. He certainly tried as he travelled to the bridge twice. 

I agree. 

14 minutes ago, wisperone said:

What childish antics by Thai immigration. Can't they ever do their job without calling in the press for photo session for every little thing they do. Do Thai men never grow up. Who are they trying to impress. Very strange.

No, they don’t grow up. 

Their lives are full of such failure and non-events that when something happens where they can make it a big deal, they do. 

“Look, look, look, we made an arrest! We did our job for once! Look at how big and important we are!”

No doubt they all had drinks that night to celebrate then drove drunk to the local brothel full of 14 - 15 year old girls trafficked from Laos.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Get rid of all immigration officers and just let foreigners come and go as they please ?

No, Just get rid of the useless ones and corrupt ones.

Trouble is there won't be,   more than a hand full left, then.

But just make sure you get them,  Evil Falang criminal over stayers.

Low hanging fruit are all, the Police are interested in.

28 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Very true..

..and those who applaud -from the sidelines-are guilty of the same repugnant behaviour too.

Apparently they have overlooked Pastor Niemoller's words.."..and then they came for me."

Stop overreacting .

The posts are getting more and more extreme and there seems to be a competition running to see who can over react the most  .

IMO , the poster in lead in the over reaction competition is the one who  compared Thai immigration officers to an occupying force and anyone who agrees with them is a collaborator 

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop overreacting .

The posts are getting more and more extreme and there seems to be a competition running to see who can over react the most  .

IMO , the poster in lead in the over reaction competition is the one who  compared Thai immigration officers to an occupying force and anyone who agrees with them is a collaborator 

I never overreact-'tis against my nature..

I tell you what tho'..if we happen to pass each other in Chang Mai (worst polluted city on the planet) let us just nod to each other as I would never speak to a "farang" who exalts in the incarceration of another for a 10 day overstay.

You have been doing it (in one form or another) for years.

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I never overreact-'tis against my nature..

I tell you what tho'..if we happen to pass each other in Chang Mai (worst polluted city on the planet) let us just nod to each other as I would never speak to a "farang" who exalts in the incarceration of another for a 10 day overstay.

He didnt overstay though and he wouldnt have been incarcerated had he just overstayed for ten days , he would have just gotton a 5000 Baht fine .

He is incarcerated for entering Thailand illegally 

Just now, sanemax said:

He didnt overstay though and he wouldnt have been incarcerated had he just overstayed for ten days , he would have just gotton a 5000 Baht fine .

He is incarcerated for entering Thailand illegally 

Yeah..sure thing buddy.

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yeah..sure thing buddy.

Did you even read the story ?

It quite clearly states that he was in Thailand without a visa or entry stamp and that he was in Thailand illegally and he wasnt overstaying (because he wasnt on a visa and didnt have a departure date)

Just now, sanemax said:

Did you even read the story ?

It quite clearly states that he was in Thailand without a visa or entry stamp and that he was in Thailand illegally and he wasnt overstaying (because he wasnt on a visa and didnt have a departure date)

You have been doing it for years-attacking every "farang" in sight..it is a staple of your daily existence-and what an existence it must be..

I don't think that his incarceration in IDC would be a pleasant one-do you?

Also he is 69 of age so he may have medical issues..who knows?

Nevertheless those who habitually exalt in the incarceration of other "farang" for trivial offenses exist way below my event horizon-6 days a week and twice on Sundays.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

You have been doing it for years-attacking every "farang" in sight..it is a staple of your daily existence-and what an existence it must be..

I don't think that his incarceration in IDC would be a pleasant one-do you?

Also he is 69 of age so he may have medical issues..who knows?

Nevertheless those who habitually exalt in the incarceration of other "farang" for trivial offenses exist way below my event horizon-6 days a week and twice on Sundays.

No I havent been attacking "every ferang in sight for years " , but in this case , I realise that this guy broke the law , quite probably deliberately and I also realise that age, being 69 doesnt make him exempt from prosecution for breaking rules and laws .

BTW , are you of a similar age and also in Thailand illegally ?

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No I havent been attacking "every ferang in sight for years " , but in this case , I realise that this guy broke the law , quite probably deliberately and I also realise that age, being 69 doesnt make him exempt from prosecution for breaking rules and laws .

BTW , are you of a similar age and also in Thailand illegally ?

Really-are you now accusing me of living in Thailand illegally?

Proves my point in spades...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

DSCN0198.JPG

DSCN0213.JPG

5 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

65 dead people or 10 day overstay old falang = Get him, get him now !!!!!!!!!

Yes, i think the police should concentrate there efforts elsewhere.

move a few thousand, photo op boys, and Big joke buddies, to different desks,  payroll stays the same.

But it sure is hard to get,  the Thai authorities to care about any real things.

they all have, the it's not my job attitude or just don't care at all.

BTW, think immigration Police, have the same,  if not more powers than the average cop, so why not get them to do some real work in the community.

thats my point, whats yours ?:coffee1:

Fairly obvious what my point was: that the immigration police handles immigration issues. The biggest causes of death in Thailand are stroke and heart disease, so with your logic they should take resources from the police and instead spend it on healthcare.

Just because there are murderers in the world, doesn't mean we should let lesser criminals run rampant since they're tame in comparison. The guy F'e up, and now he has to face the consequences. No one's saying he's the biggest threat in Thailand or that he should be hanged.

50 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Really-are you now accusing me of living in Thailand illegally?

Proves my point in spades...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

DSCN0198.JPG

DSCN0213.JPG

Can you not tell the difference between a question and and accusation ?

Add that also to not knowing the difference between overstay and illegal entry 

14 minutes ago, Myran said:

Fairly obvious what my point was: that the immigration police handles immigration issues. The biggest causes of death in Thailand are stroke and heart disease, so with your logic they should take resources from the police and instead spend it on healthcare.

Just because there are murderers in the world, doesn't mean we should let lesser criminals run rampant since they're tame in comparison. The guy F'e up, and now he has to face the consequences. No one's saying he's the biggest threat in Thailand or that he should be hanged.

Its actually cancer the greatest cause of deaths in Thailand

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/leading-causes-of-death-in-thailand.html

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Can you not tell the difference between a question and and accusation ?

Add that also to not knowing the difference between overstay and illegal entry 

Sorry-it was a direct accusation as to whether I am overstaying in Thailand-and therefore doing something illegal.

The supposed question is immaterial as it was merely rhetorical..

As in "Are you as thick as two planks?"

Or "Are you two sandwiches short of a picnic?"

2 hours ago, wisperone said:

What childish antics by Thai immigration. Can't they ever do their job without calling in the press for photo session for every little thing they do. Do Thai men never grow up. Who are they trying to impress. Very strange.

You don't think perhaps the Thai Police have a press bureau? Or the Immigration Office have a publicity department? I mean the IO have a need for a publicity department, right? And just perhaps, maybe, who knows, publications call these departments and ask 'anything on farangs today?' because it usually sells clicks?

And maybe the press, knowing what sells clicks, says 'can you pose up a picture for our report, please?'

They're called the fifth estate and they are evil.

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Sorry-it was a direct accusation as to whether I am overstaying in Thailand-and therefore doing something illegal.

I accept your apology . 

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I thought you moved to Australia last year? Did you manage to come back?

Archived