On My 3rd Retirement Visa

I'm from the UK and am on my 3rd retirement visa. The first one was aquired when married. Now divorced, I need the larger amount.

I have a company pension, paid into my bank in the Uk from which I draw money via the whole in the wall.

What do I need to do to get the immigration to accept my income in lieu of having 800.000 in the bank here. Will they accept my money staying in the UK and me just drawing it as necessary.

I'm from the UK and am on my 3rd retirement visa. The first one was aquired when married. Now divorced, I need the larger amount.

I have a company pension, paid into my bank in the Uk from which I draw money via the whole in the wall.

What do I need to do to get the immigration to accept my income in lieu of having 800.000 in the bank here. Will they accept my money staying in the UK and me just drawing it as necessary.

For an applicant who is over 50 years old, proof of a sum of 800,000 baht in a Thai bank OR an income of not less than 65,000 baht per month must be presented - OR a combination of balance in the bank and a monthly income. Example: 400,000 Baht in the bank and 32,500 Baht coming in every month.

Thanks for that, but what I want to know is will they accept proof of income but allow the money to stay in the uk, drawing it out to live here. or does the money have to come into the Thai bank to the equivilent of 800.000 each year.

I can provide documentation verified by the B/embassy saying that I have this pension and an amount equivilent to the required, in a Thai bank. do they accept me drawing my money from England as I need it. Is the proof all that is required?

Simbo,

Yes, no, maybe.

From what's been posted on this forum, some have experienced Immigration officials that require some or all of the 800k in a Thai bank AND proof of income, even tho the law, as Huski points out, says 'either or.'

What Immigration office will you be using? Maybe someone reading your question can give you an office-specific experience with this (which, of course, doesn't mean you'll get the same clerk, thus your mileage may vary.)

And, if this is your first time applying for a retirement extension (vice marriage), you'll need a medical certificate -- and if in ChiangMai, it's reported that a hospital, not clinic, is required for this.

JimGant: Thanks for the CM variation info for the medical certificate. I have alwasy payed 50baht at Rama I day care so didn't know how right on I was. This last month I found them now located on the fourth floor and a lady doctor, who actually examined me to a limited degree. Still 50 Baht.

I can't read Thai so have no knowledge what is on the medical certificate.

Anyone know what they contain, they appear to be a standard form?

One person in Thaivisa suggested it merely states you don't have any of the proscribed illnesses contained in the regulations.

Thanks for that, but what I want to know is will they accept proof of income but allow the money to stay in the uk, drawing it out to live here. or does the money have to come into the Thai bank to the equivilent of 800.000 each year.

I can provide documentation verified by the B/embassy saying that I have this pension and an amount equivilent to the required, in a Thai bank. do they accept me drawing my money from England as I need it. Is the proof all that is required?

As long as the capital is provable and the evidence is notarized by your Embassy you should be able to do that.

and an amount equivilent to the required, in a Thai bank.

Simbo: Did you really mean to say that you have 800K in a Thai bank.

If so, you qulify without the pension, as many of us retireds do.

Go the pension route only if you have to. They will ask you about the source of your retirment replacement funds when they interview you for your one year extention and that is when you tell them about pensions, which is the income you live on, usually going into homecountry bank.

They want to see you drawing down your living expenses from your Thai bank account, (or atm receipts from your homebank account equating to your living expenses) so it must not be a fixed account. Likewise, as you draw it down, you will be replacing it to keep the level up to the minimum 800K. This way they confirm your funds are not earned while in Thailand, their main concern.

ProThaiExpat says.

[Likewise, as you draw it down, you will be replacing it to keep the level up to the minimum 800K.]

Is this correct. Can the balance not fall below 800 as suggested here ?

I understood the 800,000 + had to be available prior to renewal only.

Naka

The language posted is somewhat ambiguous for which I apologise.

The minimum is only required for your annual extention application.

Your balance should go down as it is used for living expenses, trasferred for investment purposes and what have you.

Thanks ProThaiExpat.

Your explanation is exactly as I understood it, i.e. Your reducing balance should reflect the fact that you are living on your imported money.

You had me worried for a minute there though.

Naka.