478 mostly-illegal foreigners rounded up in immigration raid

webfact

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm guessing the remaining 126 not mentioned had failed to register a TM30?

<end of sarcasm mode>

A never ending story where the illegal foreigners seems to be the biggest population in Thailand … 

2 hours ago, Jimbo1964 said:

I thought Big Joke had already arrested all the illegals....

Even if he had, every day more enter the country or become illegal by overstaying. Logic says it’s impossible to rid the country totally. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Anyone remember all those stories last year, I think, that work permits would allow you to work anywhere in Thailand and so many reckoned they could just travel around working here there and everywhere. ????????

It actually was confirmed it would be like that. What was your interpretation of it?

2 hours ago, connda said:

Just proves that all foreigners are security risks to Thailand.  Bad foreigners!!! Bad!!!
Must monitor much, much more closely.

After our leader Napoleon having recently encouraged us to read Animal Farm, the post above has just jogged my memory, seeing the word 'bad' in there: Four legs good, two legs bad.

Perhaps there should be some Orwellian attempt by immigration to encourage the sheep's thinking to be:

All Thais good, foreigners bad.

Seeing references to 'pigs at the trough' regarding the coalition government members haggling for jobs is beginning to make more sense now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Police have netted another 478 mostly-illegal foreigners during surprise raids in more than 200 locations around Thailand yesterday (Wednesday) – most illegal immigrants.

Paranoid? Not me, but it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

All in a day's reporting - so far:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1107504-478-mostly-illegal-foreigners-rounded-up-in-immigration-raid/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1107586-tourist-police-nab-slovakian-man-for-working-illegally-and-overstay/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1107591-two-nigerians-arrested-in-phuket-over-romance-scam/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1107592-blacklisted-chinese-and-bangladeshi-arrested-in-phuket/

Suppose it will keep the Thai fear of foreigners to carry on though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeMak9 said:

It actually was confirmed it would be like that. What was your interpretation of it?

It was obviously a system where an employer who may have had work locations in different areas of Thailand could move employees, most likely migrant workers from neighbouring countries, as work needs dictated. It would also mean the employer would have to register those workers in the new area with the local labour office without the need to apply for and pay for a new work permit.

So many posters were convinced they could get a work permit and then swan around working for different companies but were forgetting their work permit is tied to the job they are doing.

You just can't leave your employer and go work for someone else without cancelling your WP and of course the extension of stay that is tied to that WP, ( you only keep your extension if on married/parent O extension ).

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

And more badges, ribbons and medals on their uniforms too.

But have never actually fired the odd angry shot in a theatre of war...

Lots of polished bling as well, very impressive

Police and immigration officials checked the documentation of foreigners at 238 different locations around the country, including private schools, hotels, entertainment locations and language schools.

What about temples? Expand their search. Maybe they could catch a few illegal yoga practitioners.

Hmm, worth a try, now what's that number to call?

5 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Even if he had, every day more enter the country or become illegal by overstaying. Logic says it’s impossible to rid the country totally. 

Every night at midnight more go on overstay.

But don't bring logic into it

????

Edited by overherebc

I must be the only person that thinks this is not a bad thing.

What's so hard about following the rules to get visas and work permits?

Sure, it's not easy and it costs time and money, and I'm saying the rules are right...but why should some be able to avoid the rules and others not.

1 minute ago, DLock said:

I must be the only person that thinks this is not a bad thing.

What's so hard about following the rules to get visas and work permits?

Sure, it's not easy and it costs time and money, and I'm saying the rules are right...but why should some be able to avoid the rules and others not.

What are the rules exactly? Because every embassy, immigration office, and each officer in that building interprets the changing rules differently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Big News again,

The never ending 500 illegals every month !!!!!!!!!!

it's a bit like the old, everlasting pint of Guinness joke.!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see the correct terminology used.

Police and immigration officials.

So there you have it,  Cops doing immigration work.

( that can't be so,  well according to some posters)

So lets have the surplus immigration cops, ( loads of them) out on the roads catching the bad guys and girls on the highways.

after all,  only 65 per day die on the roads here,

unlike the victimless crime above. 

But hey,  forgot TIT.

Ps Nearly forgot,   

Get em, Get em now,  evil foreigners. :coffee1:

Yes.  It does seem Iike Big Joke missed a few even after he personally found more than he said were meant to be here when he started.

22 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I am all for them arresting illegals BUT why the big show from the fuzz and why do the media play out these xenophobic rituals. Does anyone one know if the Thai media keep reporting them the same as the English language media or is it just the English language media's editorial "policy" to scare us?

I was a bit concerned yesterday, water bottle delivery truck turned up,the 2 normal scruffy blokes delivering the water accompanied by a very clean-cut guy who spoke extremely good English and kept repeating "where you come from how long you live here" with one hand on my porch gate. my paranoia is setting in,or is it ?:ermm:

13 hours ago, dcnx said:

What are the rules exactly? Because every embassy, immigration office, and each officer in that building interprets the changing rules differently.

I seem to be able to figure them out and follow them, so should everyone else.

14 hours ago, dcnx said:

It’s about submission and servitude. The elite broke the backs of the people a long time ago and keep a foot on them every day of their life. If they attempt to stand up straight, they are charged with something ridiculous, usually in connection with the main you know who family. 

But they cant rule foreigners. We’re opinionated and vocal. We move freely and do what we want. Well, those days are over. Dust off the old laws and track us down, make us report every chance they can, knowing where we are at all times. Their foot is on foreigners now and they are in the process of breaking the backs of those who choose to stay here. They will rip apart families without a care.

You will submit or you’ll be shown the door. You will lock up your money in a Thai bank with nearly zero interest so the wealthy can make money with your money.

You will jump through their hoops when they tell you to jump, you will continue to humiliate yourself and continue to slouch and lose your posture as a proud person. And if you’re caught complaining (wait until they start coming after foreigners posting online), you’ll be shown the door.

You’re not human here. You never were. You never will be. And now you’re being reminded of your place among the peasant locals. 

Know your place and shut up. Consider it a privilege to be here. Do as your told and don’t even think about standing up straight. Be thankful they haven’t come for your visa yet or raided your condo / village.

????

Quote: And if you’re caught complaining (wait until they start coming after foreigners posting online), you’ll be shown the door.

Very WELL written and I agree with every word you wrote. 

And I do believe your absolutely correct on that statement above that I copy posted. It is just a short matter of time before they turn on and up the flame on the foreigners posting online regarding their displeasure or thoughts on the powers that be. I as one person need to sit back and go silent at one point because I cannot afford to be tossed out as here I my life with my family.

• Like 1