Android won't read MP3

chiangrai

I have a Lenovo tablet and it won't play Mp3 files when they are on a flash drive.

It will play them when they are in the internal storage.

It will play all other sorts of files on the thumb drive but not MP3.

It opens all the video files with "PHOTOS"

How could this be.......

I'm new to android and am trying to get the basics.

I know if you want to do this on Windows you go to the file and right click and set a certain program to open all files of this type allways,every where in the computer and on the external USB.

But how do you do it in android..............

On 6/21/2019 at 8:08 PM, chiangrai said:

I'm new to android and am trying to get the basics.

I know if you want to do this on Windows you go to the file and right click and set a certain program to open all files of this type allways,every where in the computer and on the external USB.

But how do you do it in android..............

What version of android are you using?

very likely tablet or android (or both) restriction on that app you are using to not allow access to external storage

try something like Pi Player: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Project100Pi.themusicplayer&hl=en

if that doesn't work then it is very likely the reason why.

otherwise you could get an app to be able to copy those mp3s to your tablet and sort it that way, ES File Explorer would do that I believe

At the front of the music there is a bit of coding that identifies the script. If you put the memory stick onto a computer it will probably show a pic. It's that pic that stops the MP3 from being accessed.

Archived