I want to buy about 2 Rai of paddy field land situated 21kls outside of Udon and 5klms from the highway. This land has no electricity/water/road. Can anyone give me an idea as to what sort of price to expect to pay should I go ahead and buy?

Thanks

Wee Jimmy.

I want to buy about 2 Rai of paddy field land situated 21kls outside of Udon and 5klms from the highway. This land has no electricity/water/road. Can anyone give me an idea as to what sort of price to expect to pay should I go ahead and buy?

This would depend enormously on many factors, especially as to how the land is titled. Make sure the land has a Channot title.

This would depend enormously on many factors, especially as to how the land is titled. Make sure the land has a Channot title.

Highly unlikely the land has a channot title . From your description it sounds like it may even be a Nor sor sam kor title. This is purely an assumption on my part by the description you give. Please read below for differences between the different titles. Or do a google search for "land titles Thailand"

http://www.orchidofsiam.com/orchidofsiam/L...hip_in_Thailand

Price hard to say. Depends on how desperate the people are to sell. 10,000 to 15,000 baht per Rai would be reasonable. I paid 5000 baht per rai for "paddy field land". It was 16 rai. Double that and you are still at my lower limit (purchased 4 years ago).

There are other threads here in the forum on this subject also. :o Hope this helps

Edited by maprao

Impossible to say Jimmy, best thing you can do is look for as many plots of land in the area for sale to get an idea on what locals are demanding. Next get a copy of the Chanode(s) and its post code, use the post code with the Department of Land website ( www.dol.go.th ) (in Thai) to get an indication of the government's appraised price but beware because as with the UK and most other countries, government's only appraise land once every 5 years so values maybe higher or lower than true market value but they should be in the right ball park, use those numbers together with the data you got on other plots for sale to determine a likely value.

Also if you can't get that information go to the land office and identify the title on what is called a cadastral map (dont know what it is in Thai) its basically a map of all the land parcels in the area, with their title deed numbers :o

Edit to correct link

Edited by quiksilva

Impossible to say Jimmy, best thing you can do is look for as many plots of land in the area for sale to get an idea on what locals are demanding. Next get a copy of the Chanode(s) and its post code, use the post code with the Department of Land website ( www.dol.go.th ) (in Thai) to get an indication of the government's appraised price but beware because as with the UK and most other countries, government's only appraise land once every 5 years so values maybe higher or lower than true market value but they should be in the right ball park, use those numbers together with the data you got on other plots for sale to determine a likely value.

Also if you can't get that information go to the land office and identify the title on what is called a cadastral map (dont know what it is in Thai) its basically a map of all the land parcels in the area, with their title deed numbers :o

Edit to correct link

The site you mention interests me but that link seems not to work????

Is there any chance one of you can post the complete url and link for this facilty? Thai wife has been unable to find the said link on www.dol.go.th thai version.

I had the same problem if you paste www.dol.go.th into explorer it does not work. However if you click on the link

http://www.dol.go.th/

it works :o strange good luck.