Tourist Visa from Thai Embassy in Manila

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They will issue one but there have been reports of them being less than friendly.

Their website is down or I would post to the visa info. Try this link later. https://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/en/

If I recall correctly it takes 3 days get the visa.

I think that site has been down for over a year. The latest archive of the site on archive.org is from January last year. It anyway had almost no useful information as far as visa applications was concerned. It just referred you to http://www.consular.go.th/ for details. You can get their visa application form (as it was in March 2017) at https://web.archive.org/web/20170329062241/http://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/images/stories/file/visa-application-form.pdf

Manila are very strict.

Quote from another member who applied in Manila, earlier this year.

"They required a bank statement showing $1,000USD, plane ticket arriving and leaving, along with hotel accommodation or invite letter if staying withfriend, and copy of passport picture page.

I only had 1 week of hotels booked which they said was not sufficient"

According to others who used Manila, they are the most strict office.

If you not 'must go' to Manila, I'm sure visa expert and moderator Ubonjoe can reccommend other destinations in the region, to apply for new visa.

ExpatPH

It's just so stupid. Heaven forbid, you're caught in Thailand without a hotel to stay in. Is there any place on earth where it is easier to find a cheap hotel?
It's more to do with keeping track of all farangs in the Kingdom. The lovely side effect of military control. The online notification system for long term stayers is truly a brainless policy.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Daryle said:

It's more to do with keeping track of all farangs in the Kingdom. The lovely side effect of military control. The online notification system for long term stayers is truly a brainless policy.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

All hotels are duty bound to report your stay anyway, so why harass applicants? On my last hotel visit a few weeks ago the hotel clerk was behaving like an immigration officer, carefully checking for a visa in my passport.

I think the real reason is the low regard that Thai people have for Filipinos, and the Manila Thai Embassy is there to service Filipinos, not foreign applicants. The problem is that Filipinos seldom complain if they are mistreated as they are placid people who respect authority. A letter to Duterte will turn things around...

I went there once, but decided to get my visa in Penang instead. Even the Filipinos get their visas in Laos or Malaysia.

Edited by tropo

On 6/22/2019 at 8:11 PM, ubonjoe said:

If I recall correctly it takes 3 days get the visa.

I went there earlier this year for a non-B. No big problems. They follow their list very strictly. Its old dated but was correct. You have to submit in the morning and collect 2 business days later in afternoon.

Note that you can now get directly onto the skyway from terminal 3(airasia). So it is much easier getting into and out of makati. if you stay in makati in my opinion best to stay near arnaiz.

Zen rooms have some reasonable price apartment rooms in the beacon. From there you can walk to embassy and walk to greenbelt good for restaurants and outdoor bars.

The beacon

"Even theFilipinos get their visas in Laos or Malaysia." 

I find this surprising as Filipinos don't pay for a Thai visa if applied for in Manila. Part of the ASEAN deal and GF has had 2 a year for the last 6 years without a problem. As said. It takes 2 working days. You lodge before 12n on day 1 and collect after 3pm on day 3. They had a very curt and rude girl there for many years but has gone and the new staff are very pleasant.