TM30 exemption for condo owners???

Hi all,

A recent article in the Bangkok Post mentioned that there might be a process for condo owners on retirement extensions to get an exemption from filing the TM30 after each return to their own condo.  Does anyone have info on this?  How does one go about requesting the exemption?

Thanks in advance.  I'd love to save myself a trip to CW to search for information!

P.S.  The article is entitled "Thailand Immigration Controls: getting tough with guests" and was dated 24 June.  I think we're not allowed to put BP links in our postings here.

The statement about condo owners seems curious, does this mean a Yellow Tabien Baan or just the Blue one. If Yellow Tabien Baan anyone with a YTB should also be exempt. I would proceed with caution on the details of this BP article.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at CW yesterday obtaining an Extension, but before grant had to submit a TM30 application. Once I had paid the fine of 800 baht for not previously reporting, I was told by the IO that I needed to report further once I had entered the Kingdom following holiday or business trip and to repeat this after each occasion of entering the Kingdom, within 24 hours.  He recommended registering online and do the submission that way rather than go to CW. I am a condo joint owner with my Thai wife.

Edited by cassde
update

14 minutes ago, cassde said:

I was at CW yesterday obtaining an Extension, but before grant had to submit a TM30 application. Once I had paid the fine of 800 baht for not previously reporting, I was told by the IO that I needed to report further once I had entered the Kingdom following holiday or business trip and to repeat this after each occasion of entering the Kingdom, within 24 hours.  He recommended registering online and do the submission that way rather than go to CW. I am a condo joint owner with my Thai wife.

Perhaps next time ask why he is only enforcing part of the bs law. Every time you stay away from you domicile and then upon return you need to submit tm30. Meaning few nights away within los. 

Perhaps his answer might be ....too much trouble for us and we realize can only squeeze so much out of a lime 800baht fine wise.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 1:36 PM, sniggie said:

Maybe - just maybe - someone has realised how silly it is to have condo owners trotting down to Immigration to report that they are actually living in their own condo!  

What on earth would fact you own condo have to do with it. The tm30 thing is ridiculously suppose to know where the alien is at any given point of time. How is a condo owner different from other folk on extensions. Personally I've rented same condo room for 7 yrs. Please explain difference. I know couple condo owners that never stay in their joint. 

Edited by DrJack54