Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

Just now, evadgib said:

To have ducked anything he must surely have first agreed to do it? My understanding is that this particular gauntlet was thrown down by Hunt but was never on Boris's agenda in the first place. With Sky being pro remain & with a manufactured non-event in his private life as soon as the Tories had fired the starting gun who could blame him?

(Dom-the-weasel was still at it yesterday!)

He’s avoiding the Sky debate because he believes it is not favouring his side. 

That just proves my point. 

He's a coward who won’t face debates or answer tricky questions. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boris is doing what he does best ... lying. Identify a group of people whose support you need to get what you want, figure out what they want to hear, tell them that, even though you know it isn’t true. And it works. 

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He’s avoiding the Sky debate because he believes it is not favouring his side. 

That just proves my point. 

He's a coward who won’t face debates or answer tricky questions. 

What's cowardly about common sense?

15 minutes ago, evadgib said:

What's cowardly about common sense?

It’s common sense for a pm of the uk to avoid debating the issues?

It’s common sense for the uk to have a pm who avoids tricky questions?

Cowardice is a badge of honour in the brexiteer’s brave new world then?

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Cowardice is the new black in the brexiteer’s brave new world then?

When has he avoided a scheduled debate? :blink:

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Cowardice is the new black in the brexiteer’s brave new world then?

Of course he has to do a reasonable amount of debates.

However, he doesn't have to do every single one that's requested of him. Especially debates organized by Remainiac stations such as Sky and Channel 4. I think he's wise to conduct a sensible number of debates, and to selectively choose more unbiased platforms on which to conduct them.

The MSM are already going after him with gossip from the curtain twitching neighbours and Remainer biased news reports. Why should he assist their agenda and help their ratings by offering himself up to the sort of interview that Marr did with Farage? I'd say he's being well advised and the Remainers are annoyed that he hasn't fallen for it. Of course Hunt wants to go up against Johnson with a Sky News host and audience backing him up, it would be like a pack of hyenas attacking it's prey. 

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Of course he has to do a reasonable amount of debates.

However, he doesn't have to do every single one that's requested of him. Especially debates organized by Remainiac stations such as Sky and Channel 4. I think he's wise to conduct a sensible number of debates, and to selectively choose more unbiased platforms on which to conduct them.

The MSM are already going after him with gossip from the curtain twitching neighbours and Remainer biased news reports. Why should he assist their agenda and help their ratings by offering himself up to the sort of interview that Marr did with Farage? I'd say he's being well advised and the Remainers are annoyed that he hasn't fallen for it. Of course Hunt wants to go up against Johnson with a Sky News host and audience backing him up, it would be like a pack of hyenas attacking it's prey. 

The other candidates were willing to debate the issues.

The number of debates proposed is hardly onerous for for someone who desires the role of uk pm. 

Quite typical of the man that, when most brexiteers refer to the 20th century wars in order to reinforce their European fear mongering (including at least one in this very thread), he brings up early 19th century ones to do the same.  I can't wait for the even more out of date Rees-Mogg to get in on the act, and use the Roman invasion in the 1st century as a warning against Europe in general, and Italy in particular.

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He’s avoided two debates other candidates were willing to attend. 

He is a coward for not adding them to schedule. 

How can he do that if he's somewhere else doing something that he has agreed to courtesy of the 5 P's? (planning!)

Baiting for the sake of it isn't going anywhere therefore i'm done with this particular point.

+

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How can he do that if he's somewhere else doing something that he has agreed to courtesy of the 5 P's? (planning!)

You are simply baiting for the sake of it therefore i'm done with this particular point.

+

Baiting, not true at all. I genuinely am amazed johnson is avoiding debates and this is spun as a good thing by his team. 

I’m pointing out he is refusing to debate the issues in any meaningful manner. 

He’s scared and running from debate. Not a good trait in a national leader. 

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Baiting, not true at all. I genuinely am amazed johnson is avoiding debates and this is spun as a good thing by his team. 

I’m pointing out he is refusing to debate the issues in any meaningful manner. 

He’s scared and running from debate. Not a good trait in a national leader. 

Given the reneging he's going to have to do once he gains office, can you blame him?

What should be clear to Hunt by now is that he must upstage Boris to defeat him. If johnson is always attracting news headlines, it's a certainty that the Tory voters would choose him to be the next PM, however he acts. 

Such is the British mentality of the voting public. 

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

What should be clear to Hunt by now is that he must upstage Boris to defeat him. If johnson is always attracting news headlines, it's a certainty that the Tory voters would choose him to be the next PM, however he acts. 

Such is the British mentality of the voting public. Like Brexiteers...

A perfectly reasonable post until....(!)

Johnson knows how to identify and avoid what he calls 'Bear Traps' and has said so many times on the likes of HIGNFI.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

A perfectly reasonable post until....(!)

Johnson knows how to identify and avoid what he calls 'Bear Traps' and has said so many times on the likes of HIGNFI.

And yet he would have the nation (or at least what’s left of Brexiteers) believe that he’s the man who can face down the EU and get a deal that isn’t on offer.

That anybody has any faith in Johnson is an indication of how far from the reality based universe they have strayed.

37 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The other candidates were willing to debate the issues.

The number of debates proposed is hardly onerous for for someone who desires the role of uk pm. 

Sky : Hey Boris why don't you come onto our Remainer station to debate with a Remainer, facing questions by our Remainer biased host and in front of a predominantly Remainer audience.

Johnson : Thanks but actually I have multiple other debates lined up which will be conducted on a more level playing field. 

Bluespunk: Coward!!!

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Sky : Hey Boris why don't you come onto our Remainer station to debate with a Remainer, facing questions by our Remainer biased host and in front of a predominantly Remainer audience.

Johnson : Thanks but actually I have multiple other debates lined up which will be conducted on a more level playing field. 

Bluespunk: Coward!!!

Johnson - if he covets the PM post - needs to be able to contend with whatever is thrown at him. At the moment if he's stalling on media interviews, he probably doesn't have the necessary when the going gets really tough.   Gove would have walked rings around him, be happy it's Hunt.

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

May had a deal, the chicken farm let it go over the pecking order

There are many who would disagree with you. may had no deal it was like handing the keys to your house but saying we won't need to use it. She was happy to sell the UK down the river. MP's know that and it was the reason that after 3 attempts getting it through the house she was finally given her marching orders and rightly so.

Why can't we just return to how it was before we entered the common market, so we can tear up the pathetic EU laws, If Ireland and Scotland don't like it, Dump them, England would be better off looking after its self, as its the English tax payer that supports them.

45 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Such is the British mentality of the voting public. 

What is clear is that Hunt has no chance. Tory MPs gave Boris overwhelming backing. The party membership will give him even greater support. It's a Tory party decision and they already know who they want. Job done, Boris will be PM.

Why would Boris even consider even poncing about on a pseudopolitical reality quiz on Lefty TV? That's the mentality of the Remainer public? And you could have watched Love Island straight after it.

Archived