Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

Westminster, the so-called ‘Mother of Parliaments’, Parliament is paralysed because the ruling class is hopelessly divided. The result—an hilarious farce;the whole world is laughing, and slapping its forehead in astonishment. A toxic brew of humiliation, seething factionalism and panic incites politicians to increasingly irrational behaviour and fuels civil wars within the two functionally capitalist and imperialist parties that have dominated British politics for more than a century: the Conservative Party and the Labour Party.

49 minutes ago, tebee said:

Ever the brexiters tame economist, professor Minford, said brexit would destroy almost all manufacturing jobs, so it's only to be expected.

I'm not convinced service jobs can fill  in the slack  for all those made unemployed through this.   

"Why do I get the feeling that when we leave the EU and the world doesn't end, a lot of the remainers on here will be upset that the world hasn't ended." 'Tom Harwood.'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

"Why do I get the feeling that when we leave the EU and the world doesn't end, a lot of the remainers on here will be upset that the world hasn't ended." 'Tom Harwood.'

I hate to disillusion you but nobody on here thinks the world is going to come to an end. Only those with their head in the sand think things will carry on as they were.

It is of little interest to the brexiteer, but for many, brexit has already brought their world as they knew it to an end.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I hate to disillusion you but nobody on here thinks the world is going to come to an end. Only those with their head in the sand think things will carry on as they were.

It is of little interest to the brexiteer, but for many, brexit has already brought their world as they knew it to an end.

I rest my case m,lud.

2 hours ago, tebee said:

Ever the brexiters tame economist, professor Minford, said brexit would destroy almost all manufacturing jobs, so it's only to be expected.

I'm not convinced service jobs can fill  in the slack  for all those made unemployed through this.   

Your probably right the way things stand at the moment. Necessity is the mother of invention and work will come from other directions, but certainly not in the short term.

Sheffield is a good example of a city that transitioned from an industrial base to something else over about 25 years. Now about 87% of the labour force is employed in enterprises classed as "micro", less than 10 employees. Job density is in the order of 3 jobs for every 4 people, about 10 percent below the national average.

Of course the city had a significant boost in the leisure and service sectors from the World Student games.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Says it all, no regard for those that brexit has brought hardship and quite callous in respect of those that brexit has put to rest permanently.

What is that supposed to mean?

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Says it all, no regard for those that brexit has brought hardship and quite callous in respect of those that brexit has put to rest permanently.

And you sir have no respect for a democratic vote which well over half our nation chose to leave the EU. It has been 3 years of doom and gloom we have had to endure from the remainers, just because the result hasn't gone their way. I feel sure if the result had been in your favour you would not be getting the insults we have to endure on a daily basis, we would have respected the decision and got on with our lives.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

And you sir have no respect for a democratic vote which well over half our nation chose to leave the EU. It has been 3 years of doom and gloom we have had to endure from the remainers, just because the result hasn't gone their way. I feel sure if the result had been in your favour you would not be getting the insults we have to endure on a daily basis, we would have respected the decision and got on with our lives.

The problem is no one has been able to find a way of delivering brexit that will be anything like what the leave side promised before the referendum. 

There is this nasty elephant in the room.....

D6wp-d2XYAAAPZy.jpg

11 minutes ago, tebee said:

The problem is no one has been able to find a way of delivering brexit that will be anything like what the leave side promised before the referendum. 

There is this nasty elephant in the room.....

D6wp-d2XYAAAPZy.jpg

Yes, the EU infiltrates everywhere.

• Like 1

Wont affect expats, directly or indirectly .
        Yorkshire forums , would be more suited , for your opinions..

So you think that Yorkshire men should not be allowed to post on a TVF Brexit topic? All and sundry from around the world is allowed to spout off their own opinions, even if it does not affect them at all.
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I just feel that for three years now we have had to justify winning a democratic referendum, but what is apparent is that leavers are doing what is best for our country, whilst remainers seem to be doing what is best for themselves.

Is there any international figure of repute who thinks the UK leaving the EU is a good idea?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

Is there any international figure of repute who thinks the UK leaving the EU is a good idea?

The referendum figures are the ones to look at, but it seems you look at figures that fits in with your narrative and not the real figures that tells the full story.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

And that is your biggest issue. You have bought into this global mindset that together we are all looking after each other. Its the fact all the international figure as you mention, all want the same thing. The fact that you cant see it is quite sad. I have a feeling that you may never see it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

So 12,948,018 couldn't be bothered to vote and 16,141,241 voted to remain, whilst 17,410,742 voted to leave.

So only 17,410,742 voted to leave whilst 29,089,259 voted to remain or couldn't be bothered to leave.

It's not exactly a ringing majority to leave, is it?

No, it was quite close.

8 minutes ago, tebee said:

You think that destroying 20% of businesses and 1 job in 6 is what's best for the country ?

I'm not sure that that manifesto would gain to many votes....

How many votes would selling our soul to the devil get?

• Like 2