Seven injured in Khon Kaen minivan and trailer crashed

snoop1130

Seven injured in Khon Kaen minivan and trailer crashed

By The Thaiger

65668360_2535467913144416_3747747217918656512_n.jpg

PHOTOS: Chumphae Rescue

Seven passengers have been rescued after a minivan collided with a trailer in Khon Kaen, northeast of Thailand.

Chumphae rescue workers were notified of the incident on Maliwan Road in Chumphae, Khon Kaen yesterday. They arrived to find the minivan slammed into the rear end of the trailer truck. The minivan’s left hand side was crushed up to the passenger cabin.

There were 13 passengers and one driver in the minivan. Seven of them sustained injuries and were rushed to hospital.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/north-east/seven-injured-in-khon-kaen-minivan-and-trailer-crashed

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-26

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

And for a person that looks on the road when driving? How is that possible?

Tailgating no doubt!  They do it all the time.. I'll never ride in one of those vans again.. death traps.. 

7 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

Those GPSs don't seem to be doing what they are intended to do by the Government

I don't think they were GPSs at all.  Think they were homing devices that steered vans into the back of vehicles automatically

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And for a person that looks on the road when driving? How is that possible?

He wasn't looking... easy answer!

And as for being called a "driver" a suicide jockey is more appropriate !!!!

Just renewed my license and watched that one hour film....

only mentioned that it’s not polite to follow closely...spent no time on how dangerous tailgating is and educate  on the 4 second nor explain what is safe distance...

Thai drivers have no clue and gov is to blame for lack of education and training....

8 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

only mentioned that it’s not polite to follow closely...spent no time on how dangerous tailgating is and educate  on the 4 second nor explain what is safe distance...

Thai drivers have no clue and gov is to blame for lack of education and training....

I wathed the Vid in Feb......audio was ALL IN THAI....subtitles ALL in THAI.....so how can this educate ME???

btw I do NOT need education of how to drive anyway.....

57 minutes ago, essox essox said:

I wathed the Vid in Feb......audio was ALL IN THAI....subtitles ALL in THAI.....so how can this educate ME???

btw I do NOT need education of how to drive anyway.....

That might be because you're in Thailand and probably 99 per cent of the people watching it are Thai. Just a guess. I'm glad that you know how to drive, but I hope you also realise that it is not solely about how you drive but much more about how the maniac suicide locals drive as well.

If they lose control (as they do), or fall asleep (as they do) or pull out right in front of you without looking (as they do), or come at you at full speed on your side of the road while overtaking (as they do), or jump a red light (as they do), then it matters very little if you know how to drive. Because they don't, even after watching a video in their own language.

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

You mean you watched the film ?????

most Thais were either asleep or on their phones when i went in for mine, so i just joined them

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That might be because you're in Thailand and probably 99 per cent of the people watching it are Thai. Just a guess. I'm glad that you know how to drive, but I hope you also realise that it is not solely about how you drive but much more about how the maniac suicide locals drive as well.

If they lose control (as they do), or fall asleep (as they do) or pull out right in front of you without looking (as they do), or come at you at full speed on your side of the road while overtaking (as they do), or jump a red light (as they do), then it matters very little if you know how to drive. Because they don't, even after watching a video in their own language.

It sounds like you're describing the need for defensive driving in Thailand.

Archived