Video: Porsche driver slaps waitress and waiter - gets away with 10,000 baht compensation

rooster59

Video: Porsche driver slaps waitress and waiter - gets away with 10,000 baht compensation

waitress.JPG

Image: Daily News

A video clip from CCTV at a Chonburi mall showed a rich factory owner hitting a waiter and a waitress in the head and face. 

The attack by the 40 year old man - known as "Rich Porsche Man" in the Thai media because of the car he drives - left the female server in tears. 

The incident happened at the Okama Yakiniku Buffet, a Japanese style restaurant in the Robinson's Lifestyle mall in Chonburi. 

There was a disagreement over the cost of a buffet and seating arrangements. The staff politely explained that the family members could not sit together as they had paid different prices for buffet menus.

One had paid 495 baht and three members of the family were eating for 359 baht. 

Thong and Sirirat or Joy were assaulted as Mr Porsche and his wife and children left in a huff. 

Thanyaphat Kanyaratsiri, 25, the owner of the restaurant reported the matter with her two staff members to Capt Thanasit Prasertyot of the Hua Don Lor police. 

Daily News reported that after this the 40 year old factory owner turned up and a lengthy negotiation was made about compensation and accountability. 

In the end "Porsche Man" (not otherwise named) agreed to pay 5,000 baht to each of the servers to settle the case.

No other charges were made. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-29

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a marvelous man, and such an inspiration to his poor children. NOT! Imagine having a monster like that for your dad? Jeez, you couldn't take him anywhere. Happy he has been pulled up for it, but given the totally uncalled for nature of it, a couple of assault charges might have been better. Let this dick and every other HiSo who thinks working people are scum, know that they can go to jail too. Never going to happen of course.

If you watch Thai soap operas  "the rich" are always slapping  the servants,  minor wife's, major wife's,  black sheep child...  others ( outsiders from the mansion) get a gun or brutal kicking  if they cross "the rich"

:shock1::jap:

38 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

the owner of the restaurant reported the matter with her two staff members to Capt Thanasit Prasertyot of the Hua Don Lor police. 

it look like the restaurant owner has a good contact

Just now, Razek said:

it look like the restaurant owner has a good contact

Yes but the staff would have had to agree to accept the 5000. This scum bought his way out of trouble - try doing that in farangland.

In Europe he would get done for assault AND bribery to pervert the course of justice.

He is probably same to his family. Bet he was the one eating expensive and let the other insignificant ones eat the cheap buffét.

Rich, no! By my standard rich is not lying in the car you drive or the amount of money you have in your pocket. Rich means intelligent and a well behaved and sofisticated human beeing. This is a very poor piece of trash.

5 minutes ago, RobboR said:

Why didn't he just upgrade the other members to the 495 baht buffet?? Cheap bastard

Maybe he is struggling the monthly payments on his Porsche. 

Another case of a super rich guy making a big deal over a couple of hundred baht. That was the real issue here. He was too cheap to pay the higher amount, and was offended that his group was split up, due to his "kee know mak mak" nature. 

The so called "hi so" here, are mostly deplorables. Most are really despicable characters, with no heart or soul. It is actually a misnomer. Due to their cash they are given status. But, most are not even close to being high society, or what one might refer to as blue blood in the US. Most are simply fortunate people who have either made a fortune, or inherited alot of money. Not necessarily any class, distinction, higher education, or experience overseas. Few were the recipients of good parenting, and we witness just arrogance, hubris, ignorance and a feeling of superiority over the masses due to cash, and only cash.

One would hope this insect gets some sort of punishment, or at least a public shaming over this. We all know the police will not do anything, as men like him are protected by the authorities and the army. Selective enforcement is the nature of the toy police. And the army is here to protect men like him, with every ounce of their beings. 

10 minutes ago, RobboR said:

So he slapped two people for effectively 300 baht!

Vile creature of a man.

Not a very good idea to have separate buffets with different prices in the same restaurant. Add to that you can only sit in the seating designated to your buffet.

It's bound to cause issues but the way he reacted is appalling.

Why didn't he just upgrade the other members to the 495 baht buffet?? Cheap bastard

Exactly. I regularly eat out in a great moo kata restaurant near my home with family and friends. It has the same split price/split seating. To suit everyone we all pay and sit in the upper priced area. Usually i.r.o. 10 of us but still only a few hundred baht extra.

9 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Should have been charged with assault, banned from entering the mall for life.

Also have to pay compensation and named 

Hey, it’s not like he’s Roy Moore!

Anyway, I’ll bet he’s not going to be eating spit-free food at that mall for a while.

What an absolutely self entitled tool !!!!  I'd love to see him go on TV apologizing and Wai'ing to these poor waiters !!!

----------

That said, some of the regulations with these buffets are ridiculous (but no really to act like an ass)

I'm at a Buffer restaurant with my Wife and Son. 

My Wife doesn't drink alcohol or eat beef. 

I want the beef Buffet - they want to charge us both the beef buffet price... 

I also want the beer Buffet - they want to charge us both for the beer buffet...

I tell them my Wife doesn't drink alcohol - they don't budge. I ask for the manager, and ask why a pregnant lady who is not drinking has to pay for a beer buffet, he explains that its because we're on the same table and sometimes people cheat and drink beer when they haven't paid for the beer buffet !!!...

I ask why he doesn't want to charge my Son (5 yrs old) for a beer then, as he could also cheat !!!

The Manger conceded - My Wife doesn't need to pay for the beer buffet, but with a perfect bit of attitude thrown in... "but only this time !!"...  (we've never returned !)

It just gets silly, but I can understand when so many want to cheat the system.

55 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

What a marvelous man, and such an inspiration to his poor children. NOT! Imagine having a monster like that for your dad? Jeez, you couldn't take him anywhere. Happy he has been pulled up for it, but given the totally uncalled for nature of it, a couple of assault charges might have been better. Let this dick and every other HiSo who thinks working people are scum, know that they can go to jail too. Never going to happen of course.

The compensation he paid now would probably be higher than the one for the assault charge.

Lets hope as hes got enough money he takes a flight to UK (hopefully Dudley) and tries that stunt in a pub restaurant there

He would be picking up bits of his teeth off the floor pretty quick.

Sadly Here, hes got money so has some perceived respect and status, in real terms he need a good smack! 

Privileged rich man forced to submit to the authority of a lowly waitress.    Couldn't handle the public humiliation so he lashed out.   Typical.

5,000 baht for each assault victim, but there is no mention how much 'compensation' was paid for the inconvenience caused to Capt Thanasit Prasertyot and his team.

34 minutes ago, poohy said:

Lets hope as hes got enough money he takes a flight to UK (hopefully Dudley) and tries that stunt in a pub restaurant there

He would be picking up bits of his teeth off the floor pretty quick.

Sadly Here, hes got money so has some perceived respect and status, in real terms he need a good smack! 

The Dudley Massif are wusses.

You should have suggested a trip to the Tipton Posse.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Cheapskate! Buffets are for Chinese tourist.

Okey, and then he had the right to slap the personal and behave lik an arse? I think you lost the piont of the OP, or maybe you just wanted to give everyone your opinion of a buffé. In that case, thank you, I will cherish the knowledge with the respect and the honour it deserves. :sorry:

While I agree that this man should have a heavier payback, court/ bigger compensation, the idea of different price buffets where a family can’t share the same table is ridiculous ! Have never heard anything like it. How unprofessional to do this, did they never think that a couple, for example, might choose different menus ? Some restaurants do children’s menus, which is very fair considering the child’s appetite.Some small kids eat free. Some people  do have stupid ideas.

Q: What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine?
A: With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside

Maybe some of you haven't heard this, so thought I'd share

Archived