dentist / dental clinic recommendation Pattaya area

likerdup1

I am in need of a dental check up and possible filling work. I live in the Pattaya Jomtien area and looking for any recommendations. Looking for reputable and thorough dentist.

thank you in advance for any help. Please only recommendations from personal experience.

dozens coming up I guess. Just one I have been with for years,woman, Smile dentist,next door but one to Pattaya's finest optician First Optic. So professional and caring,makes me wonder why she does not practice abroad,beautiful sense of humour,cheap too,20 mins in the chair clean/polish 600 baht.   Had tooth extraction couple of years ago,did not realise a slightly built woman as her could manage a King Kong sized molar. Really good  Soi 17,or other way rear of Tukcom down to junction,turn left about 200 metres on right

Edited by oxysong

BPH dental department is very good but overpriced

Dr Ramin (German dentist) is good,  more expensive than a Thai dentist (maybe 50% more), near Jomtien

Dr Warin (Opposite BigC Pattaya Klang) is the place to go if you need to save money (BPH quoted 20000, Ramin 12000, Warin solved the problem for 700 - ask me in 5 years whether it was a lasting solution)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, oxysong said:

dozens coming up I guess. Just one I have been with for years,woman, Smile dentist,next door but one to Pattaya's finest optician First Optic. So professional and caring,makes me wonder why she does not practice abroad,beautiful sense of humour,cheap too,20 mins in the chair clean/polish 600 baht.   Had tooth extraction couple of years ago,did not realise a slightly built woman as her could manage a King Kong sized molar. Really good  Soi 17,or other way rear of Tukcom down to junction,turn left about 200 metres on right

Thanks for your help, but I don't quite understand. Are you recommending Smile Dentist next door to First Optic? please clarify.. don't quite understand what you've written. Where / what street is the dental clinic on? Is it on Soi 17? .... looking on Google maps there are two Smile Dental clinics on 3rd road. So are you saying there is another one named Smile Dentist next door to First Optic?

Edited by likerdup1

13 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Thanks for your help, but I don't quite understand. Are you recommending Smile Dentist next door to First Optic? please clarify.. don't quite understand what you've written. Where / what street is the dental clinic on? Is it on Soi 17? .... looking on Google maps there are two Smile Dental clinics on 3rd road. So are you saying there is another one named Smile Dentist next door to First Optic?

Smile dentists everywhere,why they do not call themselves something different than Smile?   Anyway,the nearest I could get you to this particular dentist without confusion is the nearest well known point to that particular dentist..First Optic...next door but one ....yes you are right,Smile dentist everywhere,   just aim for First Optic  Soi 17 off Pattaya third road

48 minutes ago, oxysong said:

There is a Happy Dental Clinic next door to First Optic.

https://goo.gl/maps/wgPLKpyDZUcnwmNeA

2 minutes ago, oxysong said:

Could be Happy Smile by now,maybe utter confusion rampant.     If and when you arrive (hopefully) you will be pleased, I like the staff too,to a point, reception is a pleasure to deal with

OK, sure I understand. Do you happen to know the Dentists name. what I am of course interested in is the particular dentist and their skill. So, you say it was a female dentist that you saw. Do you know her name? Just in case the shop changed hands and another dentist owns it and runs it now ...

thanks kindly, likerdup1

Edited by likerdup1

39 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Dr Ramin (German dentist) is good,  more expensive than a Thai dentist (maybe 50% more), near Jomtien

Dr Warin (Opposite BigC Pattaya Klang) is the place to go if you need to save money (BPH quoted 20000, Ramin 12000, Warin solved the problem for 700 - ask me in 5 years whether it was a lasting solution) 

Dr. Warin sounds like the right choice for me thank you. Do you know the name of the clinic? Can't find his name in Google search or google maps

3 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

OK, sure I understand. Do you happen to know the Dentists name. what I am of course interested in is the particular dentist and their skill. So, you say it was a female dentist that you saw. Do you know her name? Just in case the shop changed hands and another dentist owns it and runs it now ...

thanks kindly, likerdup1

No I do not know her name,she is about 50 years old,well spoken,witty woman,has good connections,,think her husband is a professor of dentistry in Bangkok,was looking at tooth implant,would have been done there at (Happy Smile)?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Did a bit more searching around. Dr. Warin's office is called "Dental Care Center" and is quite about 1/2 kilometre down from Big C Pattaya Klang. I know because I have seen Dr. Leekpai at that same office. I had a bit of a bad experience with Leekpai as he did a quick and dirty filling on me that fell out after 1 month. I saw a Dr. in Bangkok who re did the filling and it is still in place 3 years. So I might try Warin or Leekpai again but stress that they be thorough. Many of these Thai dentists like to not use anesthetic and go ahead and drill for fillings. I don't like this because I think it makes them less likely to be thorough when drilling out the damaged portion of the tooth..sine the patient may experience pain with out the numbing down provided by the anesthetic... if they leave any bacteria or decay and put a filling over it... then you are in for a root canal later on... not FUN!!

Edited by likerdup1

50 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Dr Warin is Dr Leekpai.

His full name is Dr Warin Leekpai

ah, well there you go! I stand corrected although I was pretty sure the receptionist told me there were two Doctors practicing there... my Thai still could use some help LOL!!

yes 2 dentist there - Dr. Warin (male) and a beautiful lady next door/room (maybe the wife? I am more than satisfied for more than 8 years with Dr. Warin THB 500 for cleaning/check and THB 500 for filling - he is on vacation right now until end of July