heads up KALASIN

Kalasin im now requires TM30   REGISTRATION  even if you do not travel  out/or local (24 HR)   i have a o visa marry ext   for now 10 year and not traveled (hotel stay)   but still required to make a one off  registration   i suggest if need be go along and ask  

imm officer seems to be a very helpful guy

• Thanks 1

Lamkyong,

Thanks for the information. I shall take everything with me this week and check it all out face to face.

I have completed a TM30 form to take with me as I still have had no response to my online registration.

As promised,

The Kalasin immigration visit today.

Well, no great shakes to report really, except regards TM30 which I will get to in a minute.

The new offices are opposite the car park of the main police station but includes crossing the main dual carriageway and there is a large sign on the building saying Immigration. Offices are makeshift on the second floor. By the way they look, they are definitely temporary. The room holds about 10 people seated and two immigration desks.

The immigration officers were older, decent and cheery but also dressed casual in jogging bottoms, training shoes and immigration T shirts, so that takes care of the "put on a suit and tie" TV members!

I was applying for retirement extension and multi Re entry permit. I had done all paperwork in fine detail but the officer completely set about doing the forms again, which were rough photocopies, and nowhere near as nice as mine, but, it's his office!

He seemed to want the photograph which I had affixed in the space provided, to be part of the document itself, like scanned in, hence the reason for re-doing the document.

He then gave me a full document to sign on overstay and penalties. He said he knew I was not on overstay but he wanted it signed anyway to prove I knew about these regulations, so I signed it. He showed little interest in my 90 day report slips unless that information is already available to him on screen.

He took further copies of relevant documents and altered one or two to his style of paperwork. he asked for some additional photocopies of bank passbook and passport travel details. It took two hours as I was behind two Lao nationals that seemed to have a slightly complicated application, so it took time.

All done, dusted and finished, there was no mention or requirement for TM30, at least by this officer in question, who was the main one dealing with the application.

He was not really interested in yellow book or blue book. A stamp in my passport warns of 90 day reports and ensuring if I leave I have a Re entry permit.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1