Immigration encourages smartness

Rimmer

Immigration encourages smartness

image.png

PATTAYA:--Chonburi Immigration is requesting customers to dress appropriately for a visit to a government office. The sign has been placed outside the main entrance at the Jomtien headquarters.

They are not turning away men with shorts. It’s a request rather than a new regulation. But people in swimwear or trunks or women showing a lot of body or legs – as ever – will be told to cover up.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-06-30—

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

They are not turning away men with shorts. It’s a request rather than a new regulation. But people in swimwear or trunks or women showing a lot of body or legs – as ever – will be told to cover up.

Eh .! Whatever next .. A requirement to rent those big baggy pantaloon stride things like they have in the temples on the door at the Immo' office for the time you're in there .. 

40 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

No shorts on men. ?? Is this Thailand?? "long shorts" are worn by men all over Thailand

But normally not in Immi offices.

Edit:  just noticed that this was concerning Pattaya Immi.

Everyone laughs at me but I have been saying this for years.

I ALWAYS dress like I am going to a very important business meeting when I go to immigration or the bank or any Thai government location.

And it does make a very big difference. Dressing like a slob sends a message that you are disrespecting the Thai people. 

Incredible that I still see farangs wearing shorts and tee shirts to immigration and especially to the bank to open accounts.   

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

I ALWAYS dress like I am going to a very important business meeting when I go to immigration or the bank or any Thai government location.

And it does make a very big difference. Dressing like a slob sends a message that you are disrespecting the Thai people. 

Incredible that I still see farangs wearing shorts and tee shirts to immigration and especially to the bank to open accounts.   

You're wrong. You can dress casual at JOMTIEN and you will have no problem if your application is in order. You can dress in a tux and have problems if it isn't. 

Perhaps this sign reflects a real change in their dress policy there, but I seriously doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Stylish well pressed shorts, ironed shirt, quality shoes. Smart casual

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You're wrong. You can dress casual at JOMTIEN and you will have no problem if your application is in order. You can dress in a tux and have problems if it isn't. 

Perhaps this sign reflects a real change in their dress policy there, but I seriously doubt it. 

No i am not wrong. What do you think this story is about. wake up everybody.

While I agree we got some scruffy falangs about, often with over exposed helpers from a nearby beer bar, I also get a sense of self importance and ego from those telling others how to dress.

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

If the "most urgent" leaked Thai edict to civil servants is too be believed lean heavily towards yellow for the next 6 months

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Sorry you are wrong. I never said that it fixes a application. I said it makes a difference and it does.

You're wasting your time. You can wear shorts at Jomtien and if your application is in order you will get approved. Go ahead and waste your time but don't suggest others NEED to when they don't.

Now if someone is dressed horribly they will probably be screened at the door anyway.

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Thai don't do smart casual. Shorts and tee shirts are for poor people.

I'm not Thai

Archived