TAT and its tourism figures: Media reports 28 million visitors rather than 38 million

webfact

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

But 15.6m is not 41% , 15.6/28=55.7% So .557/15.6=1/x . Then x equals 28 million. 

What???? all you are doing is proving 55.7% of 28 million is 15.6 million. 

I agree it is a typo error. 

.41 of 38m is 15.6m

Not rocket science. 

Just look out of a window, look on the internet, people do talk and share information, the answers are there in clear view not forgetting the high costs of living, visa requirements, being constantly ripped off, police victamising tourists on motor bikes etc.. where do I stop? Thailand has become far to expensive, unfair, filthy, unsafe and to be honest, lost its edge because of greed..

I visted Jomtien beach today and was horrified at the amount of filth, litter and pollution on the beach. I was planning to relax on the beach but decided to leave in complete disgust!.

3 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Not rocket science. 

Just look out of a window, look on the internet, people do talk and share information, the answers are there in clear view not forgetting the high costs of living, visa requirements, being constantly ripped off, police victamising tourists on motor bikes etc.. where do I stop? Thailand has become far to expensive, unfair, filthy, unsafe and to be honest, lost its edge because of greed..

I visted Jomtien beach today and was horrified at the amount of filth, litter and pollution on the beach. I was planning to relax on the beach but decided to leave in complete disgust!.

So why did the 28 million come?  

9 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

So why did the 28 million come?  

IMHO 38 million came. It is a typo, or the speaker said 28 instead of 38. 

Clearly 15.6m is 41% of 38M 

Or probably more plausable is TOT is cooking the numbers... haha 

10 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Not rocket science. 

Go at night and watch the rat circus  performing,  I was  appalled when i went  to Pattaya to see thousands of them running all over the beach, literally everywhere.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Buddha perhaps came from India. The village where he was born is called Lumphini, which is now in Nepal. At the time neither country existed.

That's where the Thai name Lumphini originates, although I bet 95% of Thai Buddhists wouldn't have any idea about that.

Thai Buddhists, are they similar to pagan Christians.. 

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Thai Buddhists, are they similar to pagan Christians.. 

I like that idea. If someone ask me about the subject, I could just say:

Thai Buddhists and pagan Christians - same same, but different.

Whether East Asia expert Santi Sawaengcharoen got the figure wrong himself - or it was just a typo on The Pattaya News site was unclear. 

So clearly the number WAS 38m.

'Ignore that' howled the Thai bashers. 'This is too good to miss...............'

Yeah, lads, go with that fine upstanding publication, the Pattaya News.

Well if those figures are declining, i have met some people who visited other countries then had stay in Thailand, there response of Thailand was it's a very dirty place in many places with rubbish everywhere, dangerous to drive, so Thailand really needs to get this sorted out 

Well if those figures are declining, i have met some people who visited other countries then had stay in Thailand, there response of Thailand was it's a very dirty place in many places with rubbish everywhere, dangerous to drive, so Thailand really needs to get this sorted out 
I have been to 25 foreign countries in my life, and I agree that Thailand is by far the dirtiest of them all, way dirtier than, say, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, or Laos. (Haven't been to India, though.)

Sent from my SM-J415F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, garyk said:

IMHO 38 million came. It is a typo, or the speaker said 28 instead of 38. 

Clearly 15.6m is 41% of 38M 

Or probably more plausable is TOT is cooking the numbers... haha 

Didn't answer my question.  Why did 28 million come?

20 minutes ago, Shine 919 said:

Why did 28 million come?

Head count - right? Spend an hour at the Friendship Bridge 1 linking Nong Khai with Thanaleng; queues of young able men without luggage but a green booklet in their hand = Vietnamese border runners; clicking one by one, in an out! All the Laotians doing grocery shopping on a day trip - if you want to look at that quality of tourist, go no further than Lotus or Makro Nong Khai. It's like civil war on a weekend, I clue ya! 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:56 AM, marcusarelus said:

Didn't answer my question.  Why did 28 million come?

Same reason 38 million came!

There's no need to estimate the number, nor round it to the nearest million: In this age of computers, three or four clicks on immigration's computers should give the correct number of arrivals (save illegal entrants), then two more clicks could count as "one person" those (like me) who entered more than once in any given year. That number should be easily and accurately obtainable, should anyone be interested in knowing that number.

Was speaking to a Thai Official today..."You all na get it wlong...many people come thailand...thailand vely good....I think about 280 million come. Thailand number one hub for evelything. See....government make thailand good. People happy. Why u falang like ask so many question. You no like, u go home na."
I would have said: "Where I'm going is none of your bees' wax. I will go where I want to. There are more beautiful countries in the region: Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar..."

But yes, because of my partner I'm kinda stuck.

Sent from my SM-J415F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived