Foreign tourists in Pai vandalise Thai flags, anger locals

webfact

6 hours ago, Emdog said:

Take a chill pill. A flag is just a symbol. Stupid or ignorant? Sure.

The flags of all nations may just be symbols but they deserve the utmost respect.  Regardless of what country you find yourself in, local cultures, traditions and the people should be treated as you would hope to be treated. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

This is not America. Unlike America it is not politically correct here to disparage your leaders and your country. If you think you can be a disrespectful punk here, you'll rightfully face the consequences. 

If i remember correct some other foreigners a few months back were tearing down the Thai flags at night. I guess its the latest fade along with walking around naked.

3 hours ago, chama said:

That would be the only reason they could have avoided serious punishment. An education on the Thai system. On the other hand disrespecting a national flag (as well as a flag representing a monarchy when appropriate) is almost always legally prohibited in any country.

Come to Canada - you can piss on our flag or burn it in public legally. 

9 hours ago, charmonman said:

I think they should've been deported and barred entry to the country for something like 5 years, the stupid little punks.

And put to death after being hung drawn and quartered. ????

In French, its happen every weeks, by "french" citizen...

(and nothing happen to them)

They hate France, they hate Europe,

but when they are in Thailand (you can see them in Patong, always in group) they are very pround to say they are french

(I mean they have a french passport, but in their mind (eg for football match) they are from north africa...)

I'm glad I went to Thailand with the the U.S. Peace Corps back in 1977.  They taught us Thai language, customs, made us sing the anthem and Loy Gratong song.  Taught us how to behave and what to expect.  My teacher even took us guys to a whorehouse in Khon Kaen, explained all the ropes and waited outside.  We "arrived", as they say.

"Doc Prem" at the Peace Corps HQ in BKK always had jars of free pills for stuff that was still curable at the time.  It was a great time to be alive.  The Thai folks took care of us and kept us out of trouble.  But volunteers were highly vetted before being shipped to Thailand.  Never before or after have I had a job where they checked references as closely.  They didn't want us dead.

Wonderful proverb in Thai language: "If you go to a country of squint-eyed people, then do squint your eyes." - Could we not put this sign board in the arrival hall of airports, then everybody would be fine. 

Such as*h*les should plainly be deported and banned for life....today they destroy national symbols in a foreign country, tomorrow what will they destroy in their next drunken spree ? your car maybe ?...or will they even assault an innocent bystander ? ..... time to clean up Thailand of such scum....and quite disgraceful from the Police to have accepted the bribe minimised the disgraceful behaviour. 

I would like to see them in the monkey house for a few days. That should teach the spoiled brats how to respect other countries next time. 

1 hour ago, Guitarzan said:

They were probably American snowflake liberals.  The sight of a flag and they head straight for the first available safe space. 

Uh Oh,  pooch screw  alert  .... 

But wouldn't it have been so cool if it was a bunch a yank snowflakes?!   :thumbsup:   ~ I'm feeling the love. :biggrin:

Hahaha Pai of all places! Where was the local outrage when the tourist was beaten by the thugs in Pai recently , when the British woman was raped by a local, when two tourists where gunned down by the criminal murdering policeman?? He was still roaming free helped by his corrupt pals in Pai until he murdered his young wife! The locals where very quite then - But they are outraged about some flags?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Pai Village has become the ghetto for the unshaven, undressed and uncouth feral ragpacker.

Call the riot police in I say!   Turn the water cannons on 'em I say!   Only way to clean human excrement off the streets.

I've been to Pai and people like that (and better of course) are the life blood of the local economy; drive them away and the standard of living for the locals would drop in half. Even the local police know how their bread is buttered.

11 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

The flags of all nations may just be symbols but they deserve the utmost respect.  Regardless of what country you find yourself in, local cultures, traditions and the people should be treated as you would hope to be treated. 

And yet the Thais use/sell the Union Jack on cars/wing-mirrors,crash helmets , shorts,bikinis,under garments, iv'e even seen it tattooed on a Thai girls ass. Respect is a two way thing.  But the Brits don't get offended, download.jpg.faa95d4793c7f2d86ffd9669f5e3776e.jpgimages.jpg.1f31b71ebcc963c42bd075881073c37d.jpg

Archived