Almost expelled at DMK

9 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

Buy a visa before flying - you will have no issues

Rubbish - a Visa is no guarantee of entry, and those with a visa have been rejected in the past.

That said, if you have back to back visa exemptions, entering on a visa improves your chances of success, as does entering at a land border with a visa. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 2:51 PM, varun said:

If you're working (legally) in VN, maybe you should consider carrying a copy of your VN work permit as proof?
I imagine this would somewhat negate the need to prove you're a tourist.

The immigration is in total overdrive and it is getting worse by the day ......... A copy of the Vietnamese work permit (or stay visa) would need an official translation into Thai, legalized by the Thai Embassy in Hanoi, and notarized by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, attached with a diplomatic note to the Thai Ministry of Interior (under which the police falls, and the immigration is under the police) ........

You see where I'm going here? 

If you're a genuine short term visitor to Thailand without any breech of rules (overstay, no return ticket, no proof of financial means) then you can turn up the heat a little and ask them to see the supervisor, show you in writing based on what you are not let in. But, as said, you need to be clean as a whistle for that ...... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

So make a firm rule that every single IO will interpret in their own way according to how they feel at that moment.

How would different IO’s have different interpretations of a simple rule such as max 6 months out of a rolling 12 months as suggested by Chicken George? Their computer would clearly show if the arriving passenger was under his 180 days. They might insist on seeing a ticket out of the country for someone close to 180, but otherwise shouldn’t deny entry unless there’s another good reason.

12 hours ago, Ulic said:

You are mistaken regarding Canada. An American can come and go as they please to Canada. No restrictions on the number of times in a year. Just don't work. Canada also has a 10 year family visa. Meet the conditions, (basically healthcare insurance, and family living in Canada) and stay up to 10 years, (also renewable) come and go as you please.

Sure an American can come and go without a visa, however I was drilled by Canadian immigration way back in 1999 when I was regularly traveling to Toronto. Each time they asked why I was coming to Canada so often, wanting to know where I worked, etc.  

Post containing racial remarks has been reported and removed.  

Edit: And now a bunch of off topic post and replies to them.

Edited by ubonjoe