German migrant rescue ship captain moved to secret location after threats

snoop1130

31 minutes ago, khunken said:

I see you have taken the Trump racist propaganda into your warped collection of lies. Both the US and Australia are not a part of this topic.

Very doubtful that satellite imagery would pick up a small boat and no, a beach is not good enough to dump people on. I rather suspect that your preference is for them to die in their efforts to flee from whatever motivated them to take their chances.

I am not taking responsibility for anyone - just defending their right to better themselves.

As for racism: 'One look at the filth she "rescued" everyone gorilla appearance' from one of your previous posts is a classic example. It is you, not those individuals, who are filth with your disgusting attitude.

Thank you for attributing to me a "disgusting attitude" with a quote from someone else's post. It matches the claim of fake news for widely reported instances of both west Africans and Indians attempting to enter the US. You have zero credibility. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Thank you for attributing to me a "disgusting attitude" with a quote from someone else's post. It matches the claim of fake news for widely reported instances of both west Africans and Indians attempting to enter the US. You have zero credibility. 

I apologise to you as I mistakenly (not deliberately) attributed that quote to you & not another racist. I'm not getting into US propaganda as it's off topic.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Oh... you mean that you posted the same link that I posted, but that you posted it on another thread.... got it. Respectfully... read your second post as quoted herein.

meanwhile... we are relying on the same post and arguing different points of view. The article that we are relying on, states that the Malaysians are not getting past immigrations at Australian airports. It does not state that they are being denied due process as required.

However... it does give an opinion offered by a refugees rights worker, that the process lacks transparency and is therefore open to abuse... and I agree, but be that as it may, your claim lacks verification.

on a personal note... people in glass houses should respect stones... Asking to know if I’ve read something which you don’t seem to understand.... laughable.

Are your reading and comprehension skills really that poor, or are you being deliberately obtuse? As stated earlier, I posted the same link on THIS thread but it was deleted.

From your link I quoted "While legislation and the department's policy says that people who claim asylum at the airport must be allowed to lodge a protection application...." That is not happening, because they are recognised as being part of a scam lodging fraudulent claims. I have asked Peter Dutton to send you a personal message, perhaps that will satisfy you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Off-topic posts and replies removed.   I strongly suggest you keep the discussion civil.  

Edit:   An inflammatory post removed.   This is the Final public warning before suspensions are given.  

• Like 1

A north Korean would be a genuine asylum seeker, or an Iraki or a Syrian etc..and deserve full compasion...

....but a person from a country, not at war, but plainly in the midst of a economical turmoil seeking economical asylum cannot be granted such, as it weakens the foundations of western asylum doctrine...

....sending boats to pick up the migrants from sea despite the risk of violating national waters,  is noble a gesture, but mainly continues to feed the mafia extorsion networks who trafic humans on the asylum seeking rafts,  for large sums of money....

.....a bit like those who buy hard drugs....many of the drug traficking networks, finance terror groups, prostitution,  and human traficking including minors sold as sex slaves, to name a few.....your choice.

...the western powers would be better off on paper to teach them how to fish, how to make money rather them sending them free food,  to look good on the news. but on the other hand perhaps it does serve the interests of many western nations to keep these countries, poor and backward with a few corrupt rulers, just to benefit from their gigantesque money generating natural ressources under their soil ?

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Are your reading and comprehension skills really that poor, or are you being deliberately obtuse? As stated earlier, I posted the same link on THIS thread but it was deleted.

Yes... so you said earlier...

8 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

I posted the same link yesterday, but the post has been deleted

Again... yes you said it had been deleted... but still you dig like a gravedigger on speed....

6 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Again, I posted the SAME link yesterday, which you deduce no longer exists,

you stated in the first two posts above, that the link you posted, had been removed, so I didn’t have to deduce anything ,i simply accepted your word on the matter, and seemingly even that has set you off.

so... again... the one with reading and comprehension issues might be you.... and maybe memory, too... I hear that goes with compassion. (Alzheimer’s syndrome symptoms.)

Meanwhile, you made this partial quote from the link I supplied

From your link I quoted "While legislation and the department's policy says that people who claim asylum at the airport must be allowed to lodge a protection application...." 

herein below, is a fuller version of what was said, including the cherry picked bit (in the middle...)

“The trend is "concerning" due a lack of transparency, according to Asher Hirsch, a senior policy officer at the Refugee Council.

"While legislation and the department's policy says that people who claim asylum at the airport must be allowed to lodge a protection application, we have heard worrying stories from lawyers and refugees themselves of people being returned at the border without the chance to apply for asylum," he said.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-03/malaysia-visa-protection-influx-at-australian-airports/10959988

so... your argument rests on the uncorroborated word of a refugee aid worker, without any link to an Australian governmental agency or to a United Nations report or to some specific international law.... just an aid workers opinion. Is that correct?

sure dude... I have comprehension problems.

and ironically... spit in your eye kind of ironic... herein you are willing to defer to a refugee agency, but in the case of a refugee agency claiming that they are rescuing lives at sea... as in this thread, you call them liars and people smugglers or law breakers. Should we believe them (aid agencies) regards Australia, but not regards Italy?... or just when your trying to score a point, in which case, add hypocrite as another label, missing from your earlier list, that I can see as applicable.

Edited by jany123

6 hours ago, jany123 said:

Yes... so you said earlier...

Again... yes you said it had been deleted... but still you dig like a gravedigger on speed....

you stated in the first two posts above, that the link you posted, had been removed, so I didn’t have to deduce anything ,i simply accepted your word on the matter, and seemingly even that has set you off.

so... again... the one with reading and comprehension issues might be you.... and maybe memory, too... I hear that goes with compassion. (Alzheimer’s syndrome symptoms.)

Meanwhile, you made this partial quote from the link I supplied

herein below, is a fuller version of what was said, including the cherry picked bit (in the middle...)

“The trend is "concerning" due a lack of transparency, according to Asher Hirsch, a senior policy officer at the Refugee Council.

"While legislation and the department's policy says that people who claim asylum at the airport must be allowed to lodge a protection application, we have heard worrying stories from lawyers and refugees themselves of people being returned at the border without the chance to apply for asylum," he said.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-03/malaysia-visa-protection-influx-at-australian-airports/10959988

so... your argument rests on the uncorroborated word of a refugee aid worker, without any link to an Australian governmental agency or to a United Nations report or to some specific international law.... just an aid workers opinion. Is that correct?

sure dude... I have comprehension problems.

and ironically... spit in your eye kind of ironic... herein you are willing to defer to a refugee agency, but in the case of a refugee agency claiming that they are rescuing lives at sea... as in this thread, you call them liars and people smugglers or law breakers. Should we believe them (aid agencies) regards Australia, but not regards Italy?... or just when your trying to score a point, in which case, add hypocrite as another label, missing from your earlier list, that I can see as applicable.

Peter Dutton sent a reply - find the Ignore List. I'm taking his advice.

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

An interesting article, and definitely worth reading.

Highlights include:-

"The majority of the people whose asylum requests were denied in recent months arrived in Italy in 2017. It can take an average of 19 months for Italian authorities to respond to an asylum application."

""We calculated it would take almost a century to repatriate all the migrants denied asylum,” Villa said."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

While calling me an "apparent rascist" why don't you the usual route and add fascist and Nazi. I don't give hoot what race they are or where they are from, I am just pointing out the stupidity of assuming everybody is a refugee until proved otherwise, a position that is being used for mass illegal immigration. This is costing the host countries huge amounts of money as well as the social costs of supporting those with far lower civility standards.

Apparently YOU think this is a good idea, I'd prefer deciding status was done externally as well as being a slow careful process.

"While calling me an "apparent rascist" why don't you the usual route and add fascist and Nazi. I don't give hoot what race they are or where they are from, I am just pointing out the stupidity of assuming everybody is a refugee until proved otherwise, a position that is being used for mass illegal immigration. This is costing the host countries huge amounts of money as well as the social costs"

Agree entirely. ????

• Like 2

Peter Dutton sent a reply - find the Ignore List. I'm taking his advice.

Or.... you could get peter Dutton to give you a copy of an investigation to prove your point, rather than rely on here-say.

but really, either way works for me.... truth or silence. Your choice.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, Ozman52 said:

Doh! she was deported from Italy to Germany. The ship has been seized by the Italians, it is still in the Italian port. Her "charity" moved her to a secret location after alleged threats.

Oh here it is... the other disrespectful “doh!” ( post 12)

if i I remember correctly, you have been lambasting my reading and comprehension skills throughout this thread.  

On 7/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, snoop1130 said:

An Italian judge on Tuesday ordered 31-year-old Carola Rackete released from house arrest where she had been held since Saturday,

Deported, you say?

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Shouldn't she be charged with human trafficking?

The courts have set here free.... the Italian justice system can find no justifiable reason to persecute the good Captain.... so quite obviously... no., she cannot.

• Thanks 1

The latest illegal immigration attempt sinking saw 4 young men rescued, 3 from Mali and one (who has died) from the Ivory Coast. For those of you geographically challenged:

Location of Mali (green)          Côte d'Ivoire (orthographic projection).svg

Link link link link..... once again.... no link. Why no link?

but ok.... so no link Ozman52 has struck again.... with a geography lesson for all. Many thanks mr Ozman

one minor item worth noting, which mr Ozman has seemingly neglected to hilight, is that Mali is a land locked country, with no coastal ports and  the entirety of its northern borders verging on the great deserts of Northern Africa.

however, to the south of Mali, down rivers and what not, lies the sea.... you just need to cross over one country (if you take the shortest route)... and that country is the Ivory Coast.

yall can get a boat in the Ivory Coast.... which I can only assume is what happened, because mr Ozman provide a BS geography lesson instead of a link.

"The survivors, all from Sub-Saharan Africa, said they had set off from Libya several days earlier." https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-05/tunisia-migrants-feared-drowned-after-boat-capsize/11280698

"...the vessel was heading from the west of Libya to Europe when it capsized."  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/dozens-feared-dead-boat-capsizes-tunisia-190704131114907.html

Dozens of migrants feared dead after boat capsizes off Tunisia

I suppose there might be morons stupid enough to sail from the Ivory Coast, completely miss Europe and end up sailing south into the Med, but 82 in the one boat is highly unlikely.

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2019 at 6:52 AM, Tug said:

I would love to buy her a beer kudos captain for saving life and standing up to the ones who would let them drown kudos 

On 7/4/2019 at 11:30 AM, dick dasterdly said:

"Do you support the action or prefer scam artists to be allowed to take advantage of our laws?"

Again - a good point that makes the problem clear IMO.  How do we help genuine asylum seekers, without also allowing the majority (who I think we all agree are economic migrants?) to take advantage?

If she did that in Thailand with Rohingas on board she would probably be in the Monkey house for a long time. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

If she did that in Thailand with Rohingas on board she would probably be in the Monkey house for a long time. 

Not a good idea to compare to Thailand, We know Thai security forces are involved with human trafficking & other abuses, including murder.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Exactly who are " we "..we know etc ???

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I agree with you that phrases like 'we all know' should be avoided.

In this case I presume it refers to the Rohinga cases from the recent past where it has been proven that Thai military and security forces were involved.

• Thanks 1

Italy migrants: New charity ship docks despite ban 07/07/19
A charity boat carrying 41 rescued migrants defied a ban on docking at Italian ports, but hours after arriving, no-one has been allowed off.
Continued https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48896038

"Her sole concern was the well-being of the migrants"

So warlocks to those on the smaller vessels she was barging through and warlocks to those left to pay for the upkeep of the migrants. Was hers a voluntary post or was she on salary for thisg work?

Edited by rott
  • Like 1