Physician Examination Report

I have a Physician Examination Report for an insurance company.  Blood work and xray and examination - nothing special.  Any preferred way to get this done?  I assume a hospital has doctors who are used to doing this.  I go to the BDMS chain.  I've never done one before for insurance. 

By all means get a recommendation from another expat...I naively went to Bangkok Hospital's general practitioner for a health insurance physical...

The doctor looked very young...first thing he asked was did I speak Thai...not wanting to conduct the interview in Thai...I said no...second question: was the lady with me my wife...again no.

The doctor then proceeded to write a report that he suspected I had a list of diseases...he handed me the report...then asked to have it back so he could add obese...lol

Racist little arrogant punk...cost me my insurance...thankfully I have always been healthy and never been to emergency room or spent a night in a hospital...

Still without coverage...now have a denied insurance on my record...choose very carefully my friend...

First check with the insurance company.

Many have specific facilities or doctors they want you to use.

They should also have guidelines as to what the exam is supposed to consist of and what the report should cover.

Thai doctors are NOT at all used to doing this since few Thais have private insurance, and tend to be very gun shy about filling out forms or signing their name to anything unfamiliar.

if it turns out the insurance company will accept from any doctor then, once you have clear guidelines from them as to what thee xam and report need to cover I suggest you go to Dr. Nick Walters at Mission Hospital. As an American doctor he is accustomed to this sort of thing.

If you are doing this for Pacific Cross insurance they want you to use a major hospital, in Pattaya they noted to me preference Bangkok/Pattaya amount of examine 6-8,000 package provided me a application Doctor report form to bring along.

8 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

If you are doing this for Pacific Cross insurance they want you to use a major hospital, in Pattaya they noted to me preference Bangkok/Pattaya amount of examine 6-8,000 package provided me a application Doctor report form to bring along.

That chain is running a special now for different packages and with discount it looks like about 6,000 baht

brtesta.jpg

2 hours ago, Orac said:

I used Dr Olivier in Pattaya a few years back for a fairly large life assurance policy from a uk insurer after sending them his details.

You will still have to go the the hospital for the tests and I think they include the doctor for a small fee.  I'm waiting to find out.

You will still have to go the the hospital for the tests and I think they include the doctor for a small fee.  I'm waiting to find out.

Mine did not need an x-ray so nothing that Dr Olivier could not provide though I assume he sent the blood samples out for testing. Once I had asked the insurer (Prudential) if they could use him they contacted him directly to make arrangements including paying him directly.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, Orac said:

Mine did not need an x-ray so nothing that Dr Olivier could not provide though I assume he sent the blood samples out for testing. Once I had asked the insurer (Prudential) if they could use him they contacted him directly to make arrangements including paying him directly.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You might want to look at a Pacific Cross medical exam form there are 8000 baht worth of tests.  I've been to Oliver's office and it's not equipped for that stuff.  

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You might want to look at a Pacific Cross medical exam form there are 8000 baht worth of tests.  I've been to Oliver's office and it's not equipped for that stuff.  

have  heard pacific cross are utter rubbish

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

I have heard it's not.  Perhaps you might want to explain in detail with links why you don't like Pacific Cross.  Besides we are not getting the insurance for any kind of care it's only a government scam to make some money so what difference as it will never be used.  

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I just did one for Pacific Cross at two different hospitals, one a government one and the other private.

Check up, blood tests, ECG & X-ray at Govt cost Bht 2100. Hep A & CRP ay Pyathai in P'lok....Bht 2200.

They supply a form for the Doctor to fill in, mine saying Normal to everything. My broker sent it to P Cross, who then asked for copies of the full reports from the hospitals, and the recipts.

16 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

As I said in another answer, I got most tests at a Govt hospital for Bht 2100. 

13 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Please tell where you heard this, and why are they útter rubbish'? please, as I am just about to give them my money.

Archived