Could your Thai- GF live with that?

swissie

2 hours ago, myjawe said:

Totally agree ! I could have been married 100 times because I shagged more beautiful and educated women than anybody could dream of. But why ? If you don't need them for visa or business purpose, what any other reason can you find to marry them ?! I will get a nurse when I will be old enough and will need one to change my diapers...

You must be so hansum. Did you ever write for Penthouse magazine? I think I recognize the style. 

• Haha 2

I started this thread as a hypothesis only and does not apply to my personal situation.

I merely suggested this as an alternative for Farangs shying away from official marriage, (with it's many obligations), but not wanting to leave a Thai GF of many years "high and dry" once the Farang has passed away. The word "fairness" comes to mind. An acceptable compromise, once (official) marriage has been excluded as an option, I find.

Among other positive "side-effects", it would not automatically put the entire Thai-Family on some kind of mental "Entitlement-Program", financed by the Farang. (Unless he wants to, of course.)

- Some have critsised this as a "contract". Perhaps it is, but what is a Farang sighning at the Amphoe in case of Marriage? = A contract! Nothing less!
With regard to comments like: "be worth more alive than dead": In my OP I forgot to mention, that as part of such a "contract" a Post-Mortem Autopsy of the deceased Farang will have to be conducted at a BKK forensic institution, firmly establishing "cause of dead" and not by the local butcher in some dark corner of the Isaan. All part of the contract and 100% understood by GF.

As I gather, a good number of Thai-Ladys past the age of 45 would find such an arrangement as quite tempting.
Cheers.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, ivor bigun said:

My wife and i married because we loved each other,so many losers on here think marrying a Thai woman is some sort of business arrangement,i feel so sorry for them as their lives must be so empty.
By the way we have been married over 20 yrs,and were together before that.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

makes a nice change to hear a positive post about a couple. thank you.

17 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Exactly the same here, except my boys are in UK. Thai assets are the car & house, both already in her name and she's the one who goes to the bank every week with MY ATM card/PIN. No worries.

i see many older people do what you have done and theirs nothing wrong with that until it goes wrong.

do you not feel you and many other like you put yourselves in very vulnerable potions ? only asking thx

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

me too, married 22 years now. assets in Thailand go to my wife as sole beneficiary, assets in the UK are divided between the kids, who all live there, wife gets half of my pension until she dies. everyone happy and if they are not, tough, that's the deal 

Wife would get half the pension till she dies? After your demise.. I thought the pension would stop on your death, with wife being Thai.. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tomahawk21 said:

do you not feel you and many other like you put yourselves in very vulnerable potions ?

The only potions I put myself into are love potions, no 9!   LOL

Yes I agree, things can go wrong, but I shall worry about that if / when it happens.

By the way, why do you class me as 'older people' ?

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

The only potions I put myself into are love potions, no 9!   LOL

Yes I agree, things can go wrong, but I shall worry about that if / when it happens.

By the way, why do you class me as 'older people' ?

the reason i thought you maybe older, as a younger man would not put his self in such a vulnerable position, cos i know i would not, when im older i may well do so if i think the women has genuine feeling for me and that would be something i would have to find out about over a long period of time. 

Edited by Tomahawk21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

makes a nice change to hear a positive post about a couple. thank you.

not so positive when he feels the need to call others "losers".   everyone here on this forum has different circumstances , and though if I saw their living arrangements it might not be my choice.  But it is their choice .  A few on TV  like to boast about their great lives .  Personally I appreciate the more humble guys that just say they are happy with their partners without all the self importance .  From what I have read on TV ,  there are quite a few guys happy with their situations.....as well as some not so happy. 

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:56 AM, Swedenlars said:

Oh dear, I thought guys like you are slowly dying out. But reading
the above they are not. But I feel pity for you: 1. Buy her a house and a car/motorbike. 2. For <deleted>..
sake do not tell her she will get your money when you kick the bucket. 3. Give her a monthly allowance. 3. When she is demanding more money, kick her out and take a new one. Follow these steps. You don't have to. Up to you. But if you don't there might be some nasty surprises waiting for you.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Weird innit....I always thought relationships were about love

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, owenm said:

Wife would get half the pension till she dies? After your demise.. I thought the pension would stop on your death, with wife being Thai.. 

This is my company  final salary pension scheme, she gets half until she dies. It's not the Sate Pension. My wife is also a British Citizen, as well as being Thai. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 7:52 AM, Tomahawk21 said:

i see many older people do what you have done and theirs nothing wrong with that until it goes wrong.

do you not feel you and many other like you put yourselves in very vulnerable potions ? only asking thx

I agree, WG is a balcony fall waiting to happen.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2019 at 4:22 AM, swissie said:

I merely suggested this as an alternative for Farangs shying away from official marriage, (with it's many obligations), but not wanting to leave a Thai GF of many years "high and dry" once the Farang has passed away. The word "fairness" comes to mind. An acceptable compromise, once (official) marriage has been excluded as an option, I find.

Not entirely sure why I should 'be fair' to a woman who appears to be my employee.

When I die, let her find another employer like the rest of the working world.

• Like 1