UK far-right activist Tommy Robinson convicted in contempt-of-court case

rooster59

On 7/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, petemoss said:

Had to laugh at his Euro Election results. Got slaughtered. Obviously not as populist as he thinks he is. 2% of the vote. 555

Little big head who thinks with his little head because his big head's broke.

and is full of coke he is barely off it these days. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Attorney General raised a very valid point.

The comments made on social media might constitute contempt of court.

I’m no fan of Yaxley Lennon, I don’t repost his memes, videos or promote his new website.

Do you not realize that the vitriol has driven ordinary decent posters to look harder in order to see what all the fuss is about whereas normally they never would have bothered?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Do you not realize that the vitriol has driven ordinary decent posters to look harder in order to see what all the fuss is about whereas normally they never would have bothered?

I doubt ‘ordinary decent’ people look to ‘infowars’ as a source of information, despite you promoting it with your links.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

That's an odd accusation, any evidence for it?

From his own mouth nothing more than an uncouth coke snorting racist thug - shame on any of his supporters here. He is also rumoured to be working for the security services or whoever pays him the most. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-video-drugs-cocaine-islam-far-right-israel-palestine-edl-a8776991.html

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt ‘ordinary decent’ people look to ‘infowars’ as a source of information, despite you promoting it with your links.

Youtube, FB etc are no longer available as you well know but why am I not surprised that you're trying desperately to gain leverage by slagging the platform rather than the content of the clips contained within it?

Your agenda, yet again, has failed.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because the BBC responded to the court order by immediately removing the article that was in breach of the order and did not republish. 

Yaxley Lennon, ignored the court order while making reference to the law he was breaking while he broke it.

Link to BBC removing the article?

5 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Tommy Robinson encouraged vigilante action, judges say

"Tommy Robinson broadcast reports that encouraged “vigilante action” and “unlawful physical” aggression against defendants in a sexual exploitation trial, according to the judges who found him guilty of contempt of court.

The full decision of the high court, released on Tuesday, explains their reasons for ruling against the former leader of the English Defence League (EDL) , whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/09/tommy-robinson-encouraged-vigilante-action-judges-say

If you look at his livestream court video on the day he was arrested, that's not correct. He was calling the press to arms, not his followers. However, the judges decided to stretch what he said, claiming in their view it could also be interpreted as inciting his followers.
What he actually said:
You know this lad who runs Generation Identity [a right wing identarian group led by Martin Sellner]? I found out the media had been harassing his family. You want to harass someone's family? You see that man who was getting aggressive as he was walking into court [one of the Muslim paedophiles who swore at Tommy]? Harass him. Find him. You want to stick pictures online and call people and slander people, how about you do it about them?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

"The court also heard that, due to an “administrative error” on the day Robinson made the recording, the reporting restriction did not appear on the Leeds Crown Court list and a copy of it was not posted on the door of the courtroom."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tommy-robinson-court-case-live-17388236

There you go, I am quite surprised that you dont read the news or keep up to date with whats happening 

And yet he repeatedly referred to reporting restrictions while breaching the court order.

But you never know, you might have another of those cracking legal arguments that seem to have a habit of evading his defense lawyers.

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

and for good reason Jones was a major player in propagating the pernicious lie that the Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax - Jones and his evil cohorts have spread misery and lies for far too long - and you should see how much he sells his useless vitamins for. You should be ashamed of visiting that site never mind quoting it. 

Understood-I had never heard of the website until this morning when it was mentioned in a TR-related story in todays Daily Mail & I popped in to see whatever it was that Chomper & co were so desperate for us not to find.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet he repeatedly referred to reporting restrictions while breaching the court order.

But you never know, you might have another of those cracking legal arguments that seem to have a habit of evading his defense lawyers.

as well as reading out the BBC reports ...................what else did he say ?

Did he read the football results out as well ? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

and for good reason Jones was a major player in propagating the pernicious lie that the Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax - Jones and his evil cohorts have spread misery and lies for far too long - and you should see how much he sells his useless vitamins for. You should be ashamed of visiting that site never mind quoting it. 

He’s also got a few legal problems over a whole lot of ‘jpegs’ he sent to the wrong lawyers.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

His defence Lawyer did mention  that  , but it was dismissed .

Please follow the case , I cannot keep explaining to you and  updating you of whats going on 

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Irrelevant.

He’s been found guilty of breaching a court order.

Try to come to terms with that fact.

No way !!!!!!!!

Jeeez., when did that happen ?

That should be headline news .

I expect there will be a thread about it on Thaivisa quite soon and we can discuss it there 

• Haha 2

Just now, sanemax said:

His defence Lawyer did mention  that  , but it was dismissed .

Please follow the case , I cannot keep explaining to you and  updating you of whats going on 

Dismissed by the court and yet you drag it up here as if it were of any relevance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

From his own mouth nothing more than an uncouth coke snorting racist thug - shame on any of his supporters here. He is also rumoured to be working for the security services or whoever pays him the most. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-video-drugs-cocaine-islam-far-right-israel-palestine-edl-a8776991.html

The video was buffering too badly to watch it all and I was unable to establish any context & I note it's 6 months old. It didn't look particularly good from the few seconds that I managed to watch but as a neutral my own thoughts hardly matter.

The highlighted point occurred to me several months ago and wouldn't surprize me in the least.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Dismissed by the court and yet you drag it up here as if it were of any relevance.

It is quite relevant because Thomas R is clamming that he was "stitched-up" , saying that he was given the go ahead to demonstrate .

He checked to see whether there were any restrictions and there were not and so he filmed .

Could have been a mistake by the Court admin or a deliberate attempt to mislead him and get him arrested and jailed 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, RuamRudy said:

So you approve of Wicca and Paganism - what are your thoughts on that other middle Eastern religious import, Christianity? I believe that has caused many, many more problems in the UK over the years than any other.

Every religion,  has caused many problems , resulting in mass murders .

Do away with religion , the World is becoming civilised and educated .

Lennon  imagine, no religion = peace .  You may call me a dreamer..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It is quite relevant because Thomas R is clamming that he was "stitched-up" , saying that he was given the go ahead to demonstrate .

He checked to see whether there were any restrictions and there were not and so he filmed .

Could have been a mistake by the Court admin or a deliberate attempt to mislead him and get him arrested and jailed 

It wasn’t simply a matter of ‘filming’ though, as the UK Government press release explains:

The Attorney General was granted permission to bring proceedings on the basis of:

1. Publishing information that was subject to a restriction prohibiting any reporting of the trial until a later, related trial had concluded
  2. Publishing a video encouraging his followers to harass the defendants, creating a substantial risk that their rights would be seriously impeded
  3. Illegally photographing and intimidating defendants as they entered court

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stephen-yaxley-lennon-held-in-contempt-of-court

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Seems that is correct.

I’m guessing he’ll get a sentence then they’ll take time served into account.

Time served would make sense but it wouldn't entirely surprize me if they don't bang him up for a little while longer.

Crowds are expected there tomorrow but the likes of the BBC are highly unlikely to report accurately from the scene or give a fair account of what happens.

I'm done for today ???? 

+

• Like 1

So you can see justice prevail to highlight a crime that is being hidden you could end up in more trouble then the criminals that are in the dock , cant we all just call him Mr Robinson instead of far right activist ?

there is lots of laws that are taking place on social media that is going to gag people and are gagging people the news is just a show and real news hidden. what and how do we describe these new outlets ? silent genocide channels ? and before anyone says anything about this site I am talking about UK papers and news channels especially Tv it is all a farce driven by a need to know directive and not real news coverage  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, elliss said:

Every religion,  has caused many problems , resulting in mass murders .

Do away with religion , the World is becoming civilised and educated .

Lennon  imagine, no religion = peace .  You may call me a dreamer..

There is only 1 peaceful religion and its easy to see what countries follow it , but yes what a song by Lennon he had a lot of quotes about many things but if you want to know about the problems that are world wide its to do with only a few countries and they are not anything to do with Eastern culture or ????????✋????