Hitachi to deliver two Red Line trains in October

rooster59

Hitachi to deliver two Red Line trains in October

By The Nation

66349643_10159581353599815_8018813824075300864_n.jpg

The first two trains for the Red Line route will be delivered from Japan in October this year, Transport Minister Arkhom Tempittayapaisith said on Saturday.

“The Red Line route will operate within 2020,” Arkhom said after a site visit to Japan on Saturday.

Arkhom also met with the management team of Hitachi to see the trains for the Red Line. The Hitachi management team confirmed delivery of the first two trains to Thailand in October this year. The Red Line route from Bang Sue to Rangsit will become operational in 2020.

Operated by the State Railway of Thailand, there will be test runs on the route in early 2020 before it opens for the public in the middle of the year. The trains are expected to carry 300,000 passengers per day.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/30372442

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-07

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“The Red Line route will operate within 2020,”

So no specific start date.
Original start date was 'within 2019.'

Two contractors are well-known for getting infrastructure contracts with the Thai government:

• Italian-Thai Development Public Company (awarded in 2013)
  • Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction

Nice to be on the receiving end of Thailand's economic stimuli.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

So no specific start date.
Original start date was 'within 2019.'

Two contractors are well-known for getting infrastructure contracts with the Thai government:

• Italian-Thai Development Public Company (awarded in 2013)
  • Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction

Nice to be on the receiving end of Thailand's economic stimuli.

Buy some stock

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

Buy some stock

Good idea. Unfortunately SRT will be running it and they are 100 million baht in debt already. The SRT is like the kiss of death to anything.

The failed Don Mueang Hopewell rail link is a monument to their incompetence and failure. A recent court decision has just cost them another 38 million on top of the 100 million.

Then there is the 54 billion baht they are spending to upgrade the existing clapped out rail system; that makes the 138 million look like peanuts.

Money grows on trees in Thailand especially for the most bungling and inept government agencies.

The SRT predicts the TWO RED trains alone will carry 300,00 people per day. Given that ALL the BTS trains together carry 1.4 million people per day so that makes the SRT prediction look unsurprisingly stupid.

Hopewell-columns.jpg

Edited by Cadbury
  • Like 1

The SRT predicts the TWO RED trains alone will carry 300,00 people per day. Given that ALL the BTS trains together carry 1.4 million people per day so that makes the SRT prediction look unsurprisingly stupid.

How fantastic it is that someone who goes on a rant about bungling, incompetence and stupidity, believes that the SRT have predicated that two trains will operate on the red line, carrying 300,000 people.  Who's the stupid one now?

Take a deep breath and read the article again.  The first two trains are arriving for testing.  Then, guess what, before it opens a load more trains will arrive to carry passengers!  Who'd have thunk it!

You even put "TWO RED" in big capitals too - you must have been really enjoying that rant, sorry to point out the obvious to you.

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

How fantastic it is that someone who goes on a rant about bungling, incompetence and stupidity, believes that the SRT have predicated that two trains will operate on the red line, carrying 300,000 people.  Who's the stupid one now?

Take a deep breath and read the article again.  The first two trains are arriving for testing.  Then, guess what, before it opens a load more trains will arrive to carry passengers!  Who'd have thunk it!

You even put "TWO RED" in big capitals too - you must have been really enjoying that rant, sorry to point out the obvious to you.

Setting aside your insulting comments do you have inside knowledge of how many more trains are coming and when they will arrive? The story says the two trains will arrive in October and the service will start in 2020 which is only 5 months away and only two months after the first two arrive. You seem to have unshakeable faith in SRT, one of the biggest Thai government management and financial failures. 

In any case I doubt 2, 4, 6 or 8 trains would have the capacity to carry 300,000 people a day as claimed by SRT. That's more than the combined number of passengers going through Suvarnabhumi and Don Meuang airports every day. Are you sure your feet are firmly on the ground or are you up in the clouds with SRT?

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Setting aside your insulting comments do you have inside knowledge of how many more trains are coming and when they will arrive? The story says the two trains will arrive in October and the service will start in 2020 which is only 5 months away and only two months after the first two arrive. You seem to have unshakeable faith in SRT, one of the biggest Thai government management and financial failures. 

In any case I doubt 2, 4, 6 or 8 trains would have the capacity to carry 300,000 people a day as claimed by SRT. That's more than the combined number of passengers going through Suvarnabhumi and Don Meuang airports every day. Are you sure your feet are firmly on the ground or are you up in the clouds with SRT?

Wow, ok, you're sticking with it. 

There are people in this forum who work on this stuff and know a lot more than me (just an interested transport geek) but I read there were 130 Hitachi carriages on order for the Red Line. The line goes operational probably Q4 2020, not January 1st. 

The SRT is Thailand's most inept government agency but, come on, two trains for an entire metro line? 

No need for "unshakeable faith in the SRT", just common sense and simple reading ability - the article even said these are the first two trains to arrive. 

But you stick with that thought, it's fine 

• Like 2

Hmmm...if the line operates by SRT, Will my MRT Pass work?
I'm confused with the red line! When i drive by to all the stations i saw the MRT logo. Don muang, bang khae, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk