Freighting goods to Australia

gimbo2

How do you intend to pack them?

I'm asking because any wooden crate/box has to made from heat and infestment treated wood with documentation to back it up.

2nd hand wood/boxes from the local supplier here won't cut it and it will be sent back or destroyed ( maybe with contents ) before it hits land fall in Oz.

Make sure your shipper can supply documentation to prove the wood is safe to send to Oz.

Edited by overherebc

depends on how much and how big, container load(or part load) is the best bet but virtually everything shipped into Australia at the moment has to go through a fumigation process once it arrives, last year when I was at an aussie fumigation centre they had that many containers there for fumigation it wasnt funny and they told us it was going to get worse, check import regs for what you are sending before hand to make sure what is needed

try sevenseasworldwide, you can get instant quote on their website, pay on your card and they will pick up from your house.  I've used them to and from UK several times and friends have used them sending to and from USA, Australia and NZ.

Rates are pretty cheap also.......cost me around 120 quid to send a couple of boxes from Thailand to UK the last time I sent something.

15 hours ago, womble said:

try sevenseasworldwide, you can get instant quote on their website, pay on your card and they will pick up from your house.  I've used them to and from UK several times and friends have used them sending to and from USA, Australia and NZ.

Rates are pretty cheap also.......cost me around 120 quid to send a couple of boxes from Thailand to UK the last time I sent something.

I used sevenseas when I originally came to Thailand and unless they have improved a hell of a lot I wouldnt recommend them, I had things taken from the boxes, computer was smashed and all the software discs missing, tools missing, lots of household odds and ends simply gone and then they refused to do anything about it when I lodged a complaint and just ignored my emails, no way would I recommend them them to others after what happened to me, admittedly it was several years ago.