Rich Indians to the Rescue as Chinese Tourists Shun Thailand

webfact

8 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Interesting. I have seen a lot if Indians in Pattaya, not the tailors, but tourists....groups of men in their 30s wandering around. 

They will change Pattaya if they become a permanent tourism group. Hindus and Muslims don't drink alcohol so this won't help the bars. They also have a bad reputation with bar girls for not paying after they have had their fun, or bringing a girl back to the room and finding 5 or 6 men there. Obviously I have no way of knowing whether the rumours a have any truth to them.

All greats points . . . For which you will get no credit whatsoever.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, justin case said:

"Thailand sees fivefold jump in Indian visitors between 2018-28"

oh ok, thai government has crystal ball to predict future

since when did they need to justify predictions?

or for that matter, since when were visitors figures here accurately portrayed?

we all know its all utter rubbish

49 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

They are somehow making money, so yes, I would presume someone is drinking. Like any business they would be shut if not making money.

Indian clubs charge an entrance fee, that's how they survive

6 minutes ago, Danny286 said:

So as I assumed a white admin removed my comment for being racist and labelled me as a racist troll while leaving all the above racist comments by white blokes intact. So here you go again I am posting the same comment.

"All these white people commenting on Indians don't know shit about them and repeat the same old 4 guys 1 bottle shit. Those Indians can own you if they want just like they owned many big businesses of your white fairyland and took over your big companies. The racism is strong in this group of white trashes trying to justify why growing Indian tourists are a bad news for Thailand and why Thai should attract more white people who turn out criminals, pedophiles, theifs, killers, beggers, etc. All hiding from police in Isaan with their poor young wives and crying about strong baht. All these white fat old blokes leave their white fairyland and come to Thailand because it's the only place where young women still give a shit about them.

When was the last time you saw an Indian in the news for a bad crime in Thailand?

Also last time I checked Thailand is culturally more related to India than any other country so it's heavily dependent on India for everything and India contributes a lot in it's growth. It's never going to stop Indians from coming. Some of the richest Immigrants in Thailand are Indians and that's why you see them everywhere.

What did white people contribute to Thailand - prostitution.

I know some white admin will remove this comment but leave the rest of the racist comments. So I don't care. Truth is truth. ???? "

Some good points, the Indian economy is evolving quickly and the old concept of john-johns in brown nylon trousers and flip flops is getting outdated 

24 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

your point about body odour is a well known fact mate.

I once mistakingly travelled here with Jet Airlines, or whatever its called, stopping in Mumbai.

For the return trip, I paid more to change my ticket to Finnair.

I would never use any of the Indian carriers, even if they were free

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I suppose many form their opinions because they are tourists or living in a western bubble within Thailand, so their whole world view of Thailand is westerners. There are tourism and expat demographics within Thailand that your average western tourist is completely unaware of and for some reason actually feel threatened by.

The Western tourists and expats are just the people to ask about Indian (this thread isn't about Chinese) tourists and expats in Thailand. Where do you think the Indian tourists and expats holiday and live? The same place as the Western tourists and expats. We have far more 1st hand experience of their demographic and behaviour than your average Thai living in Nakon Nowhere or even Bangkok.

4 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Some good points, the Indian economy is evolving quickly and the old concept of john-johns in brown nylon trousers and flip flops is getting outdated 

It's still the norm amongst Indians in Pattaya.

14 minutes ago, Danny286 said:

Thailand is culturally more related to India than any other country

True, from "religion" to the simple "wai" is derived from India, Thai people dislike makes little sense. There are a lot of Very wealthy Indian Thai's (Soi 26!) that own a lot of prime real estate in Thailand, they tend to stay under the radar.

The ugly fact that Thais don't like to admit is that the untold billions of dollars that the USA poured into Thailand during the Vietnam war was the springboard for the development of the Thai economy today. Now it is "Go home Yank" at least until the Chinese spring their Debt Trap on Thailand and try to take over the country. Then, like so often happens throughout the world, they will cry for American (Western) help. The Thais need to realize that if they lie with dogs they are bound to get fleas. 

37 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

You know my wife is the same....she says doesn't like their smell. Although she doesn't like muslims either but never really gave a reason.

It sounds bigoted to my ears but what's strange is that she is a very loving, well-travelled and open minded woman and doesn't seem to harbour any other grudges or prejudices against other groupings of people, and rarely says a bad word about anyone.

Think this is all brainwashing, most Thais think the same, doubt that most of them have ever smelled how an Indian or any other nationality smells. Been to India for many years and don't think they smell worse than any other group of people living in hot countries.

Maybe Thai social media would be kinder to the poor misunderstood Indians if they worked on their personal hygiene a little and didn't berate Thai wait staff in restaurants. Of course, Indian still has a strong caste system and bring those attitudes to Thailand.   

18 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

These people still practice the ‘caste system’, treating waiters etc as pond life is the norm.... I see trouble ahead 

One of the more unpleasant things about Indians is they think money makes you a king, and if you have none you are no better than a soi dog, they bring this mentality with them when they emigrate

4 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Think this is all brainwashing, most Thais think the same, doubt that most of them have ever smelled how an Indian or any other nationality smells. Been to India for many years and don't think they smell worse than any other group of people living in hot countries.

REALLY! Did you venture outside of your 5 star hotel? I have traveled to over 60 countries around the world including two trips (for work) to India. I'll never go back.

Oh no !!! We have a resort and though many complain about Chinese, as long as it’s not a big group and you explain what can and can’t be accepted they have been generally good. India on the other hand, you will be in for a shock. We just booked 2 nights at a hotel in CM and we checked out at 2am as the Indian guests were so bad and even when hotel staff told them to shut up they carried on. Don’t forget Indians are happy to try and bargain down prices on everything. They are not the saviour of tourism only the value of the baht can fix it. 

6 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

REALLY! Did you venture outside of your 5 star hotel? I have traveled to over 60 countries around the world including two trips (for work) to India. I'll never go back.

Yes, I have been around many areas in India and worked there for 8 years. Some areas are very poor and clean water is a problem, the Thai's would also smell if they had no access to tap water for daily showers. But to say that Indians smell worse than other nationalities I can not agree to. 

21 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

The ugly fact that Thais don't like to admit is that the untold billions of dollars that the USA poured into Thailand during the Vietnam war was the springboard for the development of the Thai economy today. Now it is "Go home Yank" at least until the Chinese spring their Debt Trap on Thailand and try to take over the country. Then, like so often happens throughout the world, they will cry for American (Western) help. The Thais need to realize that if they lie with dogs they are bound to get fleas. 

The American embassy has done more harm to Americans than Thailand ever thought of doing.  The Thais kicked us out in 1975.  Been fine since then as far as I can tell.

Total total stupidity by the thai tourists board 

when will they ever learn 

now it’s the Indians 

they are worst than the Chinese 

never spend money if they do always want to get the price down they

are like vermin filling the streets walk in to bars have one coke or water and share with 4 of them 

also trying to sell you fake watches and other fake items 

they do nothing for the average thai person trying to make a living

its the tourist from the west England Europe Australia America who spend in Thailand 

but due to the high bht and they persecution about visas

they are staying away 

we now go to Vietnam fantastic Cambodia fantastic Philippine fantastic 

anywhere that wants our money 

wake up government and say to all other than Indian and Chinese we want you to PLEASE COME BACK

but it may be to late for the average Thai person trying to make enough to eat ????????????????????

Just walk past the VOA area in Swampy airport at certain times of the day,you can smell the curry before you get there.Travelling on a crowded sky train,a family of six Indians got on,within a few stops the whole carriage had those nose sticks out,and even though it was crowded a clear space developed around the Indian family.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

They are somehow making money, so yes, I would presume someone is drinking. Like any business they would be shut if not making money.

So in other words you do not have a clue IF it’s making money ? Or breaking even or loosing money ? Or just surviving ?

4 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

Just walk past the VOA area in Swampy airport at certain times of the day,you can smell the curry before you get there.Travelling on a crowded sky train,a family of six Indians got on,within a few stops the whole carriage had those nose sticks out,and even though it was crowded a clear space developed around the Indian family.

I love the smell of curry in the morning.

Archived