Family of girl eaten by crocodiles to sell farm

geovalin

The father of a two-year-old girl who was killed by crocodiles on their family farm in Siem Reap has decided to sell his crocodile venture following the tragic loss of his daughter. On Sunday, two-year-old Rom Roath Neary was found dead on her family’s crocodile farm in Siem Reap city’s Siem Reap commune after she fell into the enclosure.

Her father, 35-year-old Rem Roath, found only her skull after searching for his daughter upon returning home that day. Mr Roath said he has decided to sell his farm, which he had overseen for the past five years after his parents left it for him to tend.

“It is my biggest regret in life, to lose my daughter to my own crocodiles that left only her skull behind,” he said. Despite a low estimated price for the farm, Mr Roath said he was ready to sell and quit his career as a crocodile farmer.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50620679/family-of-girl-eaten-by-crocodiles-to-sell-farm/

• Sad 6

9 hours ago, geovalin said:

left only her skull behind,

...what more did he expect...? 

Anyway it was HIS fault not providing fences or walls which a 2 yo girl could not climb on. 

RIP 

It says everything that money is mentioned though the loss of a child couldn't be counted 

21 hours ago, Katipo said:

There is a video circulating on you tube showing a couple of crocodiles gnawing on what remains of her head. Absolutely horrendous. You can hear the wails of the family. What were the parents thinking raising a toddler in such an environment? One really has to wonder whether parents should have to pass a basic aptitude test before being allowed to breed.

then shut the door after the horse has bolted. RIP 

22 hours ago, Katipo said:

There is a video circulating on you tube showing a couple of crocodiles gnawing on what remains of her head. Absolutely horrendous. You can hear the wails of the family. What were the parents thinking raising a toddler in such an environment? One really has to wonder whether parents should have to pass a basic aptitude test before being allowed to breed.

In third world countries, sometimes parents can't afford to buy safety fences for their children.  

I visited a metal stamping factory in Southern China 15 years ago, 

none of the machines had any safety guard or safety fences.      

• Sad 1