UK firms cut investment plans as Brexit alarm hits new high - survey

snoop1130

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

It is already clear to me that many Brexiteers only measure the UK price increase rate on the beer price for John Smiths in Wetherspoons.

Is nice if you can live in this one-dimensional pink cotton ball.

It is obvious that 83% of big business leaders are idiots and only the visitors of wetherspoon have the Stone of Wisdom in their hands.

Big business is pro EU and not concerned about people.

Brexiteers are not only wise, they have the John Smith's too!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Big business is pro EU and not concerned about people.

Brexiteers are not only wise, they have the John Smith's too!  

Probably fitting they drink that dish water! 

Now, a pint of Courage Director's, another matter !!

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Probably fitting they drink that dish water! 

Now, a pint of Courage Director's, another matter !!

You have to find the right pub to drink that.

Personally my favourite was Bass, best pint ever, but hard to find it now.

• Like 1

Britain joined the EU in 1973 and left behind its old commonwealth trading ties, replacing them with new EU ones. I don't remember any project fear then or financial instability during the change over. It was a smooth transition.
Now when Britain is about to leave, we're told the world will end and Britain's economy will collapse. If the UK could join with no financial instability, why couldn't it leave in a similar manner?
I do believe though that if the UK does ever eventually leave, the globalists will try to collapse Britain's economy so it is forced to rejoin at a later date as a warning to other member states.

3 hours ago, katana said:

Britain joined the EU in 1973 and left behind its old commonwealth trading ties, replacing them with new EU ones. I don't remember any project fear then or financial instability during the change over. It was a smooth transition.
Now when Britain is about to leave, we're told the world will end and Britain's economy will collapse. If the UK could join with no financial instability, why couldn't it leave in a similar manner?
I do believe though that if the UK does ever eventually leave, the globalists will try to collapse Britain's economy so it is forced to rejoin at a later date as a warning to other member states.

UK cannot commence actual negotiations with Commonwealth countries until after exiting the EU. Usually FTAs take years to finalise negotiations. Regards non Commonwealth countries e.g. USA - UK trade agreement after Brexit, currently not looking good...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/01/business/us-uk-trade-deal-brexit/index.html

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I have spoken to a lot of non UK Europeans in Thailand. Most of them have reported that the focus that we have shone on the economic idiocy of Brexit, has put huge numbers of their fellow countrymen completely off the idea.

Spineless then as they must like being shafted by the Germans. Luckily Brits have more backbone. What a great organisation it is if you are punished for leaving or have the nerve to say well thanks but not anymore. I guess it is mostly Europeans complaining who will miss our contributions. The USA are in the EU they are fine as are many others.

The constant bombardment from others telling 17.4 million people you are wrong and stupid and tedious. Whoever you voted for, in whatever country doesn't give you the right to tell others they are wrong or even worse.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, katana said:

Good point and you may be right about efforts to collapse the economy (although it looks like these have already begun). That we cannot leave easily just shows the difference between the EEC of 1973 and the EU of 2019, especially politically.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Didn’t you post a link this morning in which a court document records this case as having been ruled ‘Totally Without Merit’

Or was that another evadgib?

No. That was another bent judge.

On 7/9/2019 at 7:46 AM, bannork said:

I've yet to meet a foreigner who thinks Brexit is a good idea. 

I have yet to meet an intelligent Brit think it is a good idea.

Only the right wing extremists seem hell bent on it whatever the damage done to UK.

• Like 1

Until “big business” has moved all the jobs away from those people they’re “not concerned about”. 

Big business has been doing that to UK workers, aided by the EU. Where it can’t move the jobs, it has been importing cheaper EU wage slaves.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you evidence of the judge being bent or is this a baseless libelous accusation?

As evidence is doing the rounds despite the media embargo your gloating is somewhat premature.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

I have yet to meet an intelligent Brit think it is a good idea.

Only the right wing extremists seem hell bent on it whatever the damage done to UK.

So you are saying that the leave winners of the Brexit vote are either brain dead or Black Shirts....Hmmmmmm, well perhaps it's time you looked in the mirror whilst sitting....

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The case isn’t ‘ongoing’, it’s been ruled as ‘without merit’.

Presenting the detail for the benefit of the board was relatively easy. Understanding it requires a little bit of input at the receiving end. Constantly falling short is your forte but cannot be blamed on anyone else.

Edited by evadgib